Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

You can't play Christie and Ince on the same side. Actually I'd say whichever winger starts they have their work cut out playing on the same side as Christie. 

Not saying Christie is a poor player, he just doesn't link up well with team mates. 

I think you've got it.

Christie would be ideal in a wing back formation (with Lowe or fozzy on the other side) but runs into the wingers space all the time.

With Bent and Ince I think we would have won that.

Good show tbh from basically our reserves.

We looked tired in extra time and it showed, their superior fitness come through.

Good game.

But WTF BBC??. Leicester fan presenting, Leicester fan doing interviews, Ex Leicester manager and player in the studio.

How ****** bias could you be FFS.

Right .. Now after that little distraction back to the fight for the playoffs

positives ... We weren't out classed as a team but with zillion pound players of quality on the field it was always going to be a battle and their big guns were the only real difference 

Nugent looks great .. Moving off the ball, knock downs .. Handy. Going to do well for us

Max Lowe .. Ace 1-2 with post and looks composed and unhurried. This boy is the real deal.

Johnny looked better than he has done for weeks.

Anya .. Underrated by many on here. But I reckon he is a real bright spark, not a genius but tidy, skilled and positive. 

De Saaart isn't George but there are continuing signs that he is going to be a useful addition. 

Vydra looked forlorn until Nugent came on and if you squinted hard you can see that there is a still a player in there somewhere. 

The referees 4 leaf clover award has been shared tonight between R Keogh and J Mitchell

I like to give players a chance but I think Vydra and Blackman have shown nothing to suggest they are special in any way and are just not good enough. Poor buys

Well I'll stand up for Blackman, thought there were signs of an intelligent footballer there. He held up the ball nicely st times and atleast was positive on the ball. He was very isolated first half and was being knocked around by their 29 (? The bald one). As others have said about Christie, he's returning from injury.

My question marks hang over other heads at this point in time.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, I think this is the long term plan. It's the way vydra played at Watford, 4231 with a hold up man- and I think that's what we'll try to do eventually as I think that formation is more suited to getting out of this league. Blackman proved he can't play upfront imo, still think there's a player but he needs to be on the right

Not quick enough. 

Well I thought for 90 minutes it was a very close game, then in extra time we ran out of legs, but a special mention to all of you who went, I could not make it due to illness , so I watched it on t.v. And the Derby fans sounded great, great noise all through the game, so well done to you all.

Camara had a good game looked lively just tried to hard at times, de Sart looked good and butterfield was impressive, my stand out player had to be Ayna was class caused defenders nightmares at times what Russell needs to do!! Baird back in for Christie on sat with Ayna nugent Camara front 3

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It will be the same people that moaned when Thorne got injured against Ipswich that will now be saying we should always play our strongest 11...

Haha! 

Spot on! 

Our strongest 11 would have won 4-1 obviously. 

Archived