QPR (H) - Matchday Thread

Vital win that...Puts us mid table going into the international break...and let's face it...it would have been a long miserable two weeks on the back of 4 defeats on the bounce. Now thankfully we can rest easy. But looking at the table 2 of those 3 defeats were away from home versus the current top two and we weren't disgraced.. throw in a decent performance v Norwich also a quality side and the picture wasn't as bad as might appear at first glance. Today's win against a struggling side tells me we are well capable of finishing in a decent mid table position.

Vital win, and never really looked in any doubt. Superb two minutes and never really looked back.

QPR the worst team we’ve played this season and look in real danger, offered little threat. Probably the most controlled performance we’ve seen in a while, much better on the ball - particularly in midfield. Are we a better team without Osborn?

12 goals scored 12 goals conceded 12 points 12th in the league. Also we’re 5th in the league for home form and the 4 teams above us are the 4 best teams at home (Watford, Blackburn, Sheffield United, Sunderland) we’ve played all 4 away. Great first 9 games in my opinion and we should have 14/15 points not 12 but a win in the next 2 to get the away form up and running and we should be on for a good season and happily finish in and around mid table safe from the drop. 

More than comfortable win for me, had their keeper not made an absolutely stunning save from Yates, we’d have been 3-0 up and coasting long before JWZ made his save at the end. We really could have won 3 or 4 and would have deserved to on attacking threat and intent.

All they offered was Dembele, he must be wondering why he went their given we were also interested. Now we get a few more bodies back and I can see us getting our first away result at Millwall. We’re more than competitive most games in this league and proving it. Our home form should see us right, let’s see if we can nick points away now.

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Shouldn’t joke. Just got to the train station and train is cancelled. Struggling now to get there for kick off. Grr.

IMG_2260.jpeg

Got to the game with five minutes to spare. First half wondered why I’d bothered 😊

Second half was better. Goudmijn made us tick and I thought Harness was impressive. About to board a busy bus to Gloucester as part two of my journey home. At least I’m smiling 

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Shouldn’t joke. Just got to the train station and train is cancelled. Struggling now to get there for kick off. Grr.

IMG_2260.jpeg

It’s leaf fall season until end of November try to book earlier if possible in case of any problems. 
You only need one train to slip by to a stand to cause problems for the rest of the day.