Investment

21 minutes ago, jono said:

7) you’re spot on

😎Ditto

9) I’d throw up and abandon my ST if Musk got anywhere near us. A clever man certainly, but, as odious, vindictive and vulgar as it’s possible to be. No thank you. ( but it won’t happen so I am safe 🤣)

A bit of a genius tho and knows how to make money....I'd be ecstatic if musk was interested ! (Which he's not)

2 hours ago, jono said:

7) you’re spot on

😎Ditto

9) I’d throw up and abandon my ST if Musk got anywhere near us. A clever man certainly, but, as odious, vindictive and vulgar as it’s possible to be. No thank you. ( but it won’t happen so I am safe 🤣)

I am curious @Norman which one of odious, vindictive and vulgar has raised your hackles ? 

From my perspective I made those remarks based on the litigious BS over the rescue submarine, the fawning on Trump and his big I Am personality. Don’t deny he’s clever or a prime instigator of new tech but he isn’t god and his extreme wealth is based on the share price of a debt ladened company who’s products you never really own because the level of remote access to your property is disturbing and unregulated. 

There was a book written once, about choosing famous historical figures being invited for dinner. He wouldn’t be on mine.

On 08/10/2024 at 21:19, jono said:

I am curious @Norman which one of odious, vindictive and vulgar has raised your hackles ? 

From my perspective I made those remarks based on the litigious BS over the rescue submarine, the fawning on Trump and his big I Am personality. Don’t deny he’s clever or a prime instigator of new tech but he isn’t god and his extreme wealth is based on the share price of a debt ladened company who’s products you never really own because the level of remote access to your property is disturbing and unregulated. 

There was a book written once, about choosing famous historical figures being invited for dinner. He wouldn’t be on mine.

Musk’s achievements are astonishing, probably excelling those of any other businessman ever. Already. Sure, his pronouncements are often problematic but not because he’s a bad person. He’s just too far along the spectrum for those of us who are dull and ordinary to understand what he means or where he’s coming from

Edited by kevinhectoring

On 08/10/2024 at 19:07, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

A bit of a genius tho and knows how to make money....I'd be ecstatic if musk was interested ! (Which he's not)

Lost 24bn on Twitter (70% of company value), just had a leg up because his parents own an emerald mine in Africa to get going on investing. Just invested in other peoples companies who actually had the brains luckily for him, when you got lots of money you can take the risks to get rich. Being a bit of a nerd paid off for him because a lot of the traditional investors overlooked the online startups back in the day.

All in on Trump now he's promising him that tax break isn't he? Whenever he tries to talk about actual engineering I just think how can anyone fall for anything he says but the world is very much moving to cult of personalities in all realms these days which I think is the real problem.

That said if he wants to donate a billion quid to Derby County F.C i'm all for it 😂

10 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Lost 24bn on Twitter (70% of company value), just had a leg up because his parents own an emerald mine in Africa to get going on investing. Just invested in other peoples companies who actually had the brains luckily for him, when you got lots of money you can take the risks to get rich. Being a bit of a nerd paid off for him because a lot of the traditional investors overlooked the online startups back in the day.

All in on Trump now he's promising him that tax break isn't he? Whenever he tries to talk about actual engineering I just think how can anyone fall for anything he says but the world is very much moving to cult of personalities in all realms these days which I think is the real problem.

That said if he wants to donate a billion quid to Derby County F.C i'm all for it 😂

🤣 That’s the thing though .. donations .. rather depends on the strings attached. Now a billion for “Substitutions brought to you by Space X” .. Humm 🤪

1 hour ago, jono said:

🤣 That’s the thing though .. donations .. rather depends on the strings attached. Now a billion for “Substitutions brought to you by Space X” .. Humm 🤪

One million pounds stirling for every substitution made. Watch how the substitutions start much earlier!

On 10/10/2024 at 21:42, tomsdubs said:

just had a leg up because his parents own an emerald mine in Africa to get going on investing. Just invested in other peoples companies who actually had the brains luckily for him, when you got lots of money you can take the risks to get rich. Being a bit of a nerd paid off for him because a lot of the traditional investors overlooked the online startups back in the day.

Errr didn’t he start off as a Co-founder of PayPal?

You’d have us believe Musk is the wealthiest man on earth because his parents owned a mine ? Where are all the other kids whose parents owned mines. And for that matter where are all the other kids whose parents have loads of money. There are millions of them. 

I don’t like him much either but denying he’s an entrepreneurial genius is a mug’s game 

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Errr didn’t he start off as a Co-founder of PayPal?

You’d have us believe Musk is the wealthiest man on earth because his parents owned a mine ? Where are all the other kids whose parents owned mines. And for that matter where are all the other kids whose parents have loads of money. There are millions of them. 

I don’t like him much either but denying he’s an entrepreneurial genius is a mug’s game 

Not quite. The co-founder name is often used as a job title in the startup world, people negotiate for it when joining early stage companies.

In this case Musk had a banking startup called X.com {sound familiar?) which PayPal acquired. The X.com services didn't grow as fast as the PayPal services and  were shut down. 

It's true Musk was part of the leadership team at PayPal, but cofounder in the true sense of the word... Not so.

Personally, I think he just got very, very lucky with that acquisition.

There’s no doubt Musk is amazingly rich in monetary terms, that’s because he’s a financial narcissist and his only drive is to pursue that goal. 
However in life, he is a pauper - his only friends and associates are cut from the same cloth and he is incapable of forming meaningful relationships. He has destroyed every single personal relationship he’s ever had, whether that be his immediate family, parents, siblings, wives, children, girlfriends extended relatives or anyone who has ever had/tried to form a relationship/friendship with. 
You can see why he gets in so well with Trump, because they are both absolute narcissists. 

Is he rich ? - absolutely he is !! 

Would I want to walk in his shoes - absolutely not !! 

2 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

There’s no doubt Musk is amazingly rich in monetary terms, that’s because he’s a financial narcissist and his only drive is to pursue that goal. 
However in life, he is a pauper - his only friends and associates are cut from the same cloth and he is incapable of forming meaningful relationships. He has destroyed every single personal relationship he’s ever had, whether that be his immediate family, parents, siblings, wives, children, girlfriends extended relatives or anyone who has ever had/tried to form a relationship/friendship with. 
You can see why he gets in so well with Trump, because they are both absolute narcissists. 

Is he rich ? - absolutely he is !! 

Would I want to walk in his shoes - absolutely not !! 

Only poor people talk like that 😄

Edited by mwram1973

On 10/10/2024 at 18:54, kevinhectoring said:

Musk’s achievements are astonishing, probably excelling those of any other businessman ever. Already. Sure, his pronouncements are often problematic but not because he’s a bad person. He’s just too far along the spectrum for those of us who are dull and ordinary to understand what he means or where he’s coming from

Now his Space ship has got home safe , he could have time to have a look round Moor Farm next week . He is a “Marmite “ character, but could he just give us a £Billion for the rights to call his next Space ship - The Ramaway?