Investment

17 hours ago, TZM said:

Fozzy can stay for as long as he carries on performing the way he has recently.

The 75 year old Fozzy comes on for his last game against 3rd division Man City in the FA 3rd round, he is expected to have an easy game as the Premiership Champions for the last 4 season, Derby County, will be at full strength.

On 04/10/2024 at 21:28, Elwood P Dowd said:

When you refer to the Big One when did Villa win the Quiz Ball😂😂😂

Quiz Ball for those who were fortunate enough to miss it 😂

Synopsis 

Two teams consisting of players from a top flight football club and a celebrity supporter have a football match in the form of a general knowledge quiz. Teams chose whether to take four easy questions, three medium questions, two hard questions or one tough question to score a goal. (The one-question route was known as "Route One" - a description which soon found its way into real-life football terminology, giving the show a surprisingly long-lasting cultural legacy.) The opposition can opt to take a tackle question a limited number of times in order to block the run, but a wrong answer meant conceding a goal. Whoever had the most goals at the end of the show was the winner.

Champions 

1966-67Arsenal

1967-68West Bromwich Albion

1970Celtic

1970-71Derby County

1971Dunfermline Athletic

Who was in our winning team?

Man City have beat the Prem in court . ( Who’s running the show )Many more £millions can be pumped into clubs now . Our friends in the Middle East can blow over a £100 mill a time to sponsor their own teams . What does it mean for us? If we are ever going to compete at the top again , we are looking for someone with £Billions not £Millions to invest in us .

On 01/10/2024 at 10:28, Crewton said:

That's because, under the proposed arrangement, the club isn't being sold : Clowes would be giving up an 80% shareholding in exchange for investment. A sale involves the complete transfer of a company's entire shares.

What we don't know is how much of that investment will be available for spending on facilities and transfers and how much will be used to pay off loans from Clowes Developments.

It’s either a sale of the shares (on certain conditions) or a gift. And DC is not making a gift to the buyer, that’s for sure.

Sure, the deal might not involve the buyer writing DC a cheque. If it doesn’t, the reason for that is the same reason DC didn’t want to buy the club in the first place !

and lest we forget, success at the club (COYR) increases the value of the stadium, as well as the value of a minority holding. 

Not that we’ll be told, but would not be surprised to hear that the ‘sale’ is made on terms that

- if  the buyer sells the majority holding to a third party, then DC has to be bought out

- if the club has a spell in the PL, DC has a right to put his shares on the buyer, ie to exit at a nice profit 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

If we are ever going to compete at the top again , we are looking for someone with £Billions not £Millions to invest in us .

Yes

so even if we only look down the pyramid, we should expect Birmingham, MKDons, Portsmouth and Wrexham all to make the big time before we do (not that Portsmouth are having a great season). Who else? Crawley and it’s crypto billionaires? 

it could be a long wait. There is a school of thought that says: just enjoy being competitive in the Championship. 

Man City have beat the Prem in court . ( Who’s running the show )Many more £millions can be pumped into clubs now . Our friends in the Middle East can blow over a £100 mill a time to sponsor their own teams . What does it mean for us? If we are ever going to compete at the top again , we are looking for someone with £Billions not £Millions to invest in us .

I'm not sure the verdict today relates to the 115 charges, it's a separate case. I've not had time to read up on what today's verdict actually means though.

According to the BBC, this ruling is not directly related to the 115 charges brought by the Premier League.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm not sure the verdict today relates to the 115 charges, it's a separate case. I've not had time to read up on what today's verdict actually means though.

Correct 👍 

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Have skim read the outcome from today and the biggest takeaway that I can see is that owners aren't allowed to make interest free capital injections anymore to clubs they own, these loans will be liable to interest meaning it will be far more difficult for clubs whom have operated in this manner historically to fit within the Profit and Sustainability rules as this interest will count as a book loss.

On 04/10/2024 at 19:26, jono said:

Exactly.

You buy a football club like DCFC because :

1) You love it, it’s precious to you = DC

2) There is a sniff of the prem, it’s cheap and it’s worth a punt. = Mel

3) You need a hobby and you’ve got money to burn and quite like being a local mr big 

4) It’s established but under priced and you think you could tweak it, do something and sell it on

5) You have other sporting interests and want to build an empire if the regulators will let you get away with it. 

6) Sovereign wealth funds don’t buy clubs like us so forget number 6

Anyone got any other possibilities? 

7. 'Clean' their ill-gotten gains - you know who I mean (i.e. almost anyone!)

8. You're a chancer who can convince enough richer chancers to lends them a tonne of money, buy the club, charge them interest + your 'management fees' - e.g ManUre

9. Good for your 'brand' - Ryan Reynolds (love the guy btw). I'd vote for Elon - he'd work his way around the regs with ease

Interesting to note that Forest were supporting Man City's position. They obviously think this action is a threat to "Operation Third Star" when it's actually the fact that they're not big enough and they never will be. 

9 hours ago, Raich Carter said:

7. 'Clean' their ill-gotten gains - you know who I mean (i.e. almost anyone!)

8. You're a chancer who can convince enough richer chancers to lends them a tonne of money, buy the club, charge them interest + your 'management fees' - e.g ManUre

9. Good for your 'brand' - Ryan Reynolds (love the guy btw). I'd vote for Elon - he'd work his way around the regs with ease

7) you’re spot on

😎Ditto

9) I’d throw up and abandon my ST if Musk got anywhere near us. A clever man certainly, but, as odious, vindictive and vulgar as it’s possible to be. No thank you. ( but it won’t happen so I am safe 🤣)