Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

12 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

I don’t think we were watching the same game. Normally, I’m one of the first to criticise us (after I’ve attached my Warne out banner to the plane), but tonight I felt we dictated the play of the game. When we wanted the ball we had the ball, when we were sat waiting for them to make a mistake on the ball, they did before doing any damage. 

Apart from a defensive mistake from Thompson and Bradley, we limited them to 2 speculative shots from a player (based on what I’ve seen of them) who I wouldn’t be overly concerned with.

Maybe we've had Warne for so long we've forgotten what an actual 'good performance' is. why are we sat back waiting for a League Two team to make a mistake as though that's a tactic. I just long for a performance where we actually impose ourselves on an opposition and don't care how they play. 

6 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

We edged out a League Two side at home with less possession using the one dimensional tactic of 'get the crosses in' and you think that was a "decent performance"? 

Am not sure what you expect.

After a quite torrid preseason and shipping 4 goals in our first league game it was important to get a win tonight and put in a half decent performance at the same time which we did. 

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

On your last paragraph, I thought Ipswich were a bit dodgy at times in league one. If Wednesday hadn't melted down entirely, they would have missed autos and had to scrap it out in the playoffs. They then got autos in the Champ. 

Ipswich scored a bucket load and looked head and shoulders above us in our League One games, from memory.

Can’t say I saw them all too often in other games so that could be true.

I thought Chesterfield were quite tidy, played well and had periods of possession. To say they outplayed us would be a substantial exaggeration I would say.  We were obviously the better team, created the better chances and played some tidy stuff ourselves. Obviously not going to get carried away about beating a League 2 team - a win is the minimum requirement, but I didn’t come away thinking there was anything to particularly chunter about. 

With regards to some of the comments about Ozoh, whilst I agree that he has been caught out a few times he has also shown some really good glimpses of what he does & can offer.

We also need to remember he has only just turned 19 & Friday was his first ever league start so it will take a few games for him to get used to the pace of the game as well as the fitness to last all game.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How many shots did they have then? Quite a few I would imagine, more than us if they were all over us 🤣

I'll repeat again - They're in League Two. They dictated how the game was played. Our players were better than theirs - which is why we won despite Warne. Please describe our tactics going forward because I once again have no idea what they are apart from crossing it in. Warne has destroyed us as a footballing side.

55 minutes ago, RamFan13 said:

Got to give some credit to Chesterfield they played some great stuff at times and their fans were outstanding, non stop singing the whole match. Either way… wins a win.

Very good away support. Thomson could get a start Saturday. Sonny B is after Cashins place . One of the “Big Boys “ away next please . 

3 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I'll repeat again - They're in League Two. They dictated how the game was played. Our players were better than theirs - which is why we won despite Warne. Please describe our tactics going forward because I once again have no idea what they are apart from crossing it in. Warne has destroyed us as a footballing side.

sam winchester yawn GIF

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes. We dominated the game, created a lot more chances and limited them to very few. They're a pretty decent side. We were decent. If you think that was some kind of dreadful performance you're either a WUM or you have poor footballing knowledge frankly. 

Oh wow. We dominated a game against a League Two team. It was a dreadful game of football. Like the majority of our football has been for the past 2 years. It just annoys we when people praise it.

12 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

You can repeat it as many times as you like, League 2 or not, they were not the better side and we deserved the win. Your final point is open to debate.