Rohan Luthra - signed on a 1-year-deal

7 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

The game in question being an FA CUP game is on the BBC website... I've just watched it...so make your own minds up...

I meant his performances (limited as they were) for Slough as a whole not just a single game, in the FA Cup, against a team a couple of divisions above.

9 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

The game in question being an FA CUP game is on the BBC website... I've just watched it...so make your own minds up...

At least for the seventh goal he stayed in his goal instead of rushing out, giving away a penalty and getting himself sent off 🥷

Am I judging him in one game? Absolutely.

His technique and approach on that free kick was shocking, absolutely shocking. 

That suggests to me that if we ever get to the point that we needed to call on him i don't think he'd be good enough.

Sorry, but just my opinion.

I honestly think the club are struggling to attract players at the moment, coupled with a tight wage bill.

24 minutes ago, rammieib said:

That suggests to me that if we ever get to the point that we needed to call on him i don't think he'd be good enough.

I honestly think the club are struggling to attract players at the moment, coupled with a tight wage bill.

Struggling to attract players? Have you not seen the quality we have signed so far?

There's hardly a massive market out there for third choice GK's who are never going to play a game.

If we do have a tight wage budget then this is the exact signing you would be expecting for a third choice.

34 minutes ago, rammieib said:

He will be third choice, other than maybe the next couple of games. He wasn’t great against Chesterfield, but maybe the coaching staff think their is potential to work with. He is only 22.

11 minutes ago, ripleyram88 said:

Struggling to attract players? Have you not seen the quality we have signed so far?

There's hardly a massive market out there for third choice GK's who are never going to play a game.

If we do have a tight wage budget then this is the exact signing you would be expecting for a third choice.

I think Ozoh and Kenzo are quality, after that I'm worried and like many on this forum, I just don't see goals.

What’s all the palava about ? We’ve signed a young prospect for possible development on a 1 year deal. U21’s, loan, coach in house ? ex England youth, free agent. It strikes me as a sensible roll of the dice. 

Welcome young man .. Do you best in whatever roll you are asked to fill and you’ll get full support from me 🐏

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Can everyone just take a breath please. 

Absolutely pathetic that that devolved into a slanging match. It's fine being critical, just explain why.

Unfortunately, it's also absolutely typical.

33 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Interesting the club site makes a point of saying he's joined in the role previously occupied by Scott Loach. Not massively likely to see 1st team action 

If that is to assist in the training of younger keepers I can't see the point as has 1 league game.  If it's not and he has no chance of first team football, I don't see the point.  It's basically money peed up the wall for no reason.   What is an incredibly inexperienced goalie going to offer.  If or when we get another keeper, he'll be doing nothing as he won't even be needed in first team practice.  

One of the mods should change the title here to add "signed on a one-year deal" or some such. 

Just the length of that contract suggests he's got to prove quite a lot to us (or us to him). We obviously needed reinforcements and we have a body in the building. You're obviously unlikely to sign a stunningly good 3rd choice keeper, but maybe/hopefully he'll surprise people. If not he's unlikely to play. 

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If that is to assist in the training of younger keepers I can't see the point as has 1 league game.  If it's not and he has no chance of first team football, I don't see the point.  It's basically money peed up the wall for no reason.   What is an incredibly inexperienced goalie going to offer.  If or when we get another keeper, he'll be doing nothing as he won't even be needed in first team practice.  

Can’t see what all the fuss is about! We have signed a 22 year old as 3rd choice keeper, provided we do sign our No 1 choice. He is on a 1 year deal. He will train with the goalkeepers and hopefully improve with being in the group. He has been in the England set up, so someone has thought he has some ability. He will not be paid very much and will basically be with the squad to assist with shooting practice etc before games. Very unlikely to get any game time, unless we get injuries.

He allows Thompson to go out on loan for a season of men’s football, which will hopefully develop him further rather than clicking his heels on match days at Pride Park etc.

if Luthra improves we may have a saleable asset in the future. If he doesn’t we will offload in 12 months, for very little expenditure.

Seems a win/win situation to me.

44 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Can’t see what all the fuss is about! We have signed a 22 year old as 3rd choice keeper, provided we do sign our No 1 choice. He is on a 1 year deal. He will train with the goalkeepers and hopefully improve with being in the group. He has been in the England set up, so someone has thought he has some ability. He will not be paid very much and will basically be with the squad to assist with shooting practice etc before games. Very unlikely to get any game time, unless we get injuries.

He allows Thompson to go out on loan for a season of men’s football, which will hopefully develop him further rather than clicking his heels on match days at Pride Park etc.

if Luthra improves we may have a saleable asset in the future. If he doesn’t we will offload in 12 months, for very little expenditure.

Seems a win/win situation to me.

Are you sure you belong here ?   That sounds rather sensible 

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

I think Ozoh and Kenzo are quality, after that I'm worried and like many on this forum, I just don't see goals.

Has the transfer window shut then, Warne knows we need strengthening up front but so does most of the Champ , we have to be patient 

He is third choice goalie, he won’t play and likely cheaper than most.

At 22 he is still young for a keeper, with good coaching he will improve.

Don’t think the signing deserves all this excitement.