Rohan Luthra - signed on a 1-year-deal

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you talking about the FA Cup game away at Grimsby (3 divisions above Slough)? If so, that might put the score line into perspective.

I’ll ask my oldest friend when he returns from holiday. He’s a Slough season ticket holder and follows them home and away.

Yes higher opposition but the 5th or 6th goal (can't remember which one) was a clanger , and they scored 2 corners where the cross came in 6 yard box and he stayed on his line , just seemed a bit clueless , and at 22 you'd hope he'd of played more by now than 16 games in a tier that low (and conceding 32 goals) 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Good to see this thread has descended into just as much rubbish as the transfer rumours thread. 

Come on @Day tighten up the Ts and Cs. Open a ‘call someone a w️ in here’ thread in the Jim Smith room and ban non footballing arguments on the forum 😂

Or a better idea just make it clear that people should ask why someone has that opinion rather than telling them they no f all, after all that's what forums are for, comments like his are clearly to wind up someone that supports the same team as him , pathetic 

29 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Yes higher opposition but the 5th or 6th goal (can't remember which one) was a clanger , and they scored 2 corners where the cross came in 6 yard box and he stayed on his line , just seemed a bit clueless , and at 22 you'd hope he'd of played more by now than 16 games in a tier that low (and conceding 32 goals) 

I've just watched the highlights whilst waiting to pick my sister up from the airport.

Not great goal keeping, not great defending as a whole, but none of the goals I'd describe as a "clanger". (Caveat: I did watch it on my phone).

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Can everyone just take a breath please. 

Absolutely pathetic that that devolved into a slanging match. It's fine being critical, just explain why.

fuck you david schwimmer GIF

😜

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Desperation signing. Why?

We have an England kid on the books. He should be third choice and should be going with the squad to games for experience.

Not a desperation signing at all, its been said for a week or 2 that Luthra would be signing as 3rd choice.

I believe the lad you're on about is out on loan gaining experience which in the long run in better for us

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We have an England kid on the books. He should be third choice and should be going with the squad to games for experience.

Desperation would suggest doing something in a hurry and panic, this guy has been with the team throughout the pre-season, has been training with them daily, has played in friendlies….seems a fairly sensible and considered approach to making a signing.

If the complaint is that he’s not of the required quality that’s a different conversation, but at 22 on a one year deal, probably low wages, and with him likely being third choice to enable the young talented lads to get loan time as a first choice somewhere rather than sitting on our bench and playing u21s I feel there’s some logic in it. 

22 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think everyone knows Thompson’s time will come, but he’s not old enough to buy a beer yet. If we can get him in men’s football, playing regularly that will benefit his career far more than being on a coach and sitting in the stands.

The goalkeeper position is a precarious one, one or two mistakes and your card is marked. If we had to throw a 17 year old in goal Friday night, in a big game, where he makes a mistake. Hard coming back from that, even at a young age. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you talking about the FA Cup game away at Grimsby (3 divisions above Slough)? If so, that might put the score line into perspective.

I’ll ask my oldest friend when he returns from holiday. He’s a Slough season ticket holder and follows them home and away.

The game in question being an FA CUP game is on the BBC website... I've just watched it...so make your own minds up...