Transfer rumours

Our plan from the management team was to bring the age down and start bringing in players to enhance the team and make money on. We bring in 1 player in that bracket in goudmijn loan ozoh and Yates who we make no money on although I’ll forgive ozoh as we need loans. In some instances. Adam’s I love but no resale value probably and Jackson with no resale value. Then to top it off we go to Luton to look at a striker and instead of the 21 year old with bags of pace tore us a new one and could be worth a a decent profit in 2 years time with a supposed value of 800k we decide to for the 29 year old with 1 goal last season. Just don’t get the recruitment sometimes. I’d rather buy him than zetterstrom and loan in a goalie or trust in vickers 

He’d be steady in a 352 alongside Yates 

Edited by Barney1991

16 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Our plan from the management team was to bring the age down and start bringing in players to enhance the team and make money on. We bring in 1 player in that bracket in goudmijn loan ozoh and Yates who we make no money on although I’ll forgive ozoh as we need loans. In some instances. Adam’s I love but no resale value probably and Jackson with no resale value. Then to top it off we go to Luton to look at a striker and instead of the 21 year old with bags of pace tore us a new one and could be worth a a decent profit in 2 years time with a supposed value of 800k we decide to for the 29 year old with 1 goal last season. Just don’t get the recruitment sometimes. I’d rather buy him than zetterstrom and loan in a goalie or trust in vickers 

Yep, resale value is very important, I actually find myself dreaming about it sometimes……must be on my mind 😊

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yep, resale value is very important, I actually find myself dreaming about it sometimes……must be on my mind 😊

Often find myself dreaming when I’ve read you post the same thing for the 14th time in a day

Resale resale resale... Resale value is definitely important but more importantly we need to make sure we are still a Championship club next season. Buying exclusively young players or foreign prospects could be a recipe for disaster if they don't gel or settle at this level. We need to make sure we're ALSO planning for right now so we can continue to build in the right direction...!

We have no idea whether there are players on our radar or close to signing that haven't come out in the press that could pleasantly surprise us, so let's not be too critical of a club still building back from having no money, and trying to make sure we stay in the Championship while the window is still open for another three weeks

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

Resale resale resale... Resale value is definitely important but more importantly we need to make sure we are still a Championship club next season. Buying exclusively young players or foreign prospects could be a recipe for disaster if they don't gel or settle at this level. We need to make sure we're ALSO planning for right now so we can continue to build in the right direction...!

We have no idea whether there are players on our radar or close to signing that haven't come out in the press that could pleasantly surprise us, so let's not be too critical of a club still building back from having no money, and trying to make sure we stay in the Championship while the window is still open for another three weeks

What Sean said 🫣 (15)

24 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

As impressive as Taylor was in his game against us, his all round gane was reminiscent of Marriott - almost non-existent. At 21, there's still potential for him to improve, but not worth the risk at this point IMO. 

During the last 2 years we also saw a number of players raise their games against us, and played their best games of their careers. I wouldn't base any signings off how they played against us, otherwise we'd have also sogned half the Crewe team.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As impressive as Taylor was in his game against us, his all round gane was reminiscent of Marriott - almost non-existent. At 21, there's still potential for him to improve, but not worth the risk at this point IMO. 

During the last 2 years we also saw a number of players raise their games against us, and played their best games of their careers. I wouldn't base any signings off how they played against us, otherwise we'd have also sogned half the Crewe team.

I would gladly have Taylor however it would only make sense if we got rid of Washington. They both like to play off the shoulder & run in behind defences. I actually think the Champ will suit Washington more than League 1 as teams wont sit in so deep so he will have the space to run into.

Taylor's pace is another level to Washington though & does have a higher ceiling of ability.

Does anyone know if Zetterstron and/or Kenzo qualify for work permits under the criteria or do they count as one of the four exceptions we are allowed?

Cant help but feel we need to tap foreign markets for the players we are still missing.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would gladly have Taylor however it would only make sense if we got rid of Washington. They both like to play off the shoulder & run in behind defences. I actually think the Champ will suit Washington more than League 1 as teams wont sit in so deep so he will have the space to run into.

Taylor's pace is another level to Washington though & does have a higher ceiling of ability.

Whether the Champ or L1 it matters zero as Washington is hardly ever fit!! ...we knew this before signing him 

2 years on and we’re still bin dipping in the reduced section for a striker who’s ’sell buy’ date is up !!! 
we seem to be like an old banged who’s fan belt has gone and we’re trying to limp on with one of the missis stockings as a temporary fan belt fix - if we’re lucky it might just get us home, but it’s not a long term fix !!! 🙄🐏

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Well said mate. People going mad wanting us to sign Taylor cos he gave Cashin the runaround in the one game they watched him in.

It’s been a well known fact for ages now that Warne has wanted/needed a number 9 that holds it up and is a bit different to the ones we already have (Yates, Jackson, Brown).

We hadn’t been able to sign one in January, for whatever reason, so we’ve had almost 3 months now in summer and still not signed one? 

Surely we have a recruitment team that can find these types of players, whether abroad or in England? Genuinely baffles me that we haven’t even been strongly linked to one, nevermind bid for one

Warne highlighted in January how much he wanted one. That was now 8 months ago, and yet, nothing!

29 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

It’s been a well known fact for ages now that Warne has wanted/needed a number 9 that holds it up and is a bit different to the ones we already have (Yates, Jackson, Brown).

We hadn’t been able to sign one in January, for whatever reason, so we’ve had almost 3 months now in summer and still not signed one? 

Surely we have a recruitment team that can find these types of players, whether abroad or in England? Genuinely baffles me that we haven’t even been strongly linked to one, nevermind bid for one

Warne highlighted in January how much he wanted one. That was now 8 months ago, and yet, nothing!

Sorry you haven’t been more closely involved in our transfer negotiations, I’ll endeavour to contact our recruitment team to sort this out for you, kind regards, Paul.

Just now, Foreveram said:

Sorry you haven’t been more closely involved in our transfer negotiations, I’ll endeavour to contact our recruitment team to sort this out for you, kind regards, Paul.

Strange response

Surely it’s a fact that we’ve been after this type of striker for AT LEAST 8 months, yet we haven’t been strongly linked or even signed one of them yet.

My point was merely the above. A concern about why none had been found