Transfer rumours

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Genuine question as I know nothing about the lad but why can’t he get in Bradfords side? 

Wants to leave, angling for a transfer. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A really odd one. On the fridges of L2 Bradford in 22/23. Then got a loan for the 2nd half of the season at Barrow (0 goals)
The a good half season at Swindon (16 goals and 4 assists), before going back to Bradford and only getting 243 minutes.
Now only 24 mins this season in the cup.

He's obviously available to a willing buyer, but a risky one given he's done little outside of 5 months in Swindon in League 2. I'm surprised a L1 club hasn't taken a punt on him. He was also rumoured to be on the verge of a move to Fleetwood (also L2) just a couple of days ago.

Sounds likes this deal has gone cold already. 

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Jake Young, not done but close 

Cheers, Trav. 

My take was Young only scored all those Swindon goals because Dan Kemp was on fire, continually setting him up (and scoring for fun himself). I'd far rather have bought Kemp (who's gone to Stevenage this summer), or the pair together but maybe Young will do it?

My take is if we gave Brown half a dozen starts and he began to find the net, he'd be better than any of the players we're talking about. Very composed when he finally came on last night. 

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Cheers, Trav. 

My take was Young only scored all those Swindon goals because Dan Kemp was on fire, continually setting him up (and scoring for fun himself). I'd far rather have bought Kemp (who's gone to Stevenage this summer), or the pair together but maybe Young will do it?

My take is if we gave Brown half a dozen starts and he began to find the net, he'd be better than any of the players we're talking about. Very composed when he finally came on last night. 

Did he touch the ball? I want brown to be brilliant as well but think people really overhyping him.

25 minutes ago, Srg said:

I know that youtube clips are going to show only the best bits of a player, but there's enough on there to suggest that he has got something about him and would be worth a punt on him. His calmness on several goals is very evident and not something that you find in every striker. Also seems to have an awareness of team mates around him, but there was a noticeable lack of clips showing how good he was in the air, which is something that we need.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I feel for any young lad rocking up to their club for training Friday morning with the world at their feet, to then be called in by their manager and told they are going to join Paul Warnes Derby

Lionel Ritchie What GIF

No-one gets "told" they're joining anyone these days - it's not the 1920s.

It’s hard for young strikers at the top level to know where to be at any given time. 
When you’re a right back or left wing it’s easy. 
It’s not just a case of standing in the middle of the pitch anymore. You have to know when to run the channels, when to lay it off, what positions to take up in the box etc. 

Brown will have to learn all of that AND take chances when they come his way. Unless he’s a very quick learner, he will be better off playing at a lower level so he returns with his confidence high.

43 minutes ago, Topram said:

Genuine question as I know nothing about the lad but why can’t he get in Bradfords side? 

He was recalled back off loan from Swindon in January having scored 16 goals in 26 matches for the Robins. Then he got injured with his parent club the same month, missing the rest of last season. Reading comments by Bradford's manager, it looks like he's definitely on the move and it seems he wants to leave.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Is there a young striker called Jake that's better?!

Jake Young did well last season, but would be a gamble in League One, nevermind the Championship. He's struggling to get in Bradford's team, for example.

Adams couldn't get in the Cardiff team so there could be a number of reasons why.

This is the sort of signing the new data team are going to find amongst more established players.

Assuming it is a very low fee means if it does not work out we lose little or make the money back.

I remember once saying who when a certain Bobby Davison rocked up from Halifax Town that worked out ok.

And the reason why he played little after returning to Bradford was he got injured and does not see I to eye with manager.

Harry Kane hardly scored in his loan spells before breaking through just needs someone to give you a opportunity it is up to you to take it.

29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Cheers, Trav. 

Its a shame that other players did'nt feed him the ball more often. Twice during the match last night he was in a better scoring position but Collins and Jackson opted to shoot themselves from wider positions.