Transfer rumours

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’d say that without spending a transfer fee we’d be getting 2 low risk signings who both have pedigree of performing well in this division. It’s not as exciting as say a Dembele but they’re more proven at this level??

You are right that they are proven at this level, have all had success at this level, and they could all contribute to the cause in their own way.

Yates can bring goals, Jackson can bring pace, power and intensity, and Osborn can bring versatility, grit and experience. I am sure with their combined qualities they will help us to hold our own and overall they will strengthen the squad.

I am just hanging my hat on us signing a few younger or lesser known players with some potential and some flair. Given funds are not exactly flowing freely, they could be ceiling raisers.

If we pick up an untested or unproven talent (or several) and they explode at this level, it could help us to kick on if we become effective at it.

I’m suprised at the negativity around the names linked, Osborn, a good solid top half championship midfielder, Jackson, by all accounts a good , hard working frontman and Yates, who scores goals with the right service, now personally the latter two will be good squad players, Yates I would think will hit double figures, and I think Jackson will score more than you think, always looked lively when I’ve seen him play ( was suprised he is 30 though) yes we would definitely need a better quality striker to go along with Yates I agree.

I personally think the bigger signings will be later on in the window, but as two freebies and a loan , I am personally quite happy if all these 3 incomings come off. 🐏🐏🐏

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Welcome to the forum, youth.

Been here for a few years, just don't post constantly.

I remember when Jim Smith took over, I was underwhelmed with him and his signings,  and look what happened there.

As a club we need to be as we were when the efl screwed us over, all for one, and one for all, we as fans need to be together with the players, staff and everyone involved with the club. 🐏🐏🐏

4 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Everything we've seen today points to a pacy, aggressive, hard working side that will be a bugger to play against.

I'll be chuffed with that, thanks.

Agreed,  graft over craft to establish a foothold in this division. However to progress we will need the correct blend of graft and craft. 

4 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

No. I want to see some younger players that can develop. NO MORE of these 30 year old free transfers

Looks like we are getting players together to get a foothold in the League . In a couple of years we could have the funds to have a crack at the top six. We will all have to be patient. But none of us want to be a bottom half team for 20 years , like some have .