Liam Rosenior

chadlad

The history of football suggests that a manager that does well at one club doesn’t necessarily do well at another. That Liam is doing well at Hull is no guarantee that he would have done the same here. That being said, I thought he was relieved of duty too soon when it happened and I still think he was treated a little harshly (unless there are things we don’t know about, like contract issues, interest from elsewhere and so on).  Pleased for him that’s he doing well. Seems like a thoroughly decent chap. 

On 07/11/2023 at 16:24, LazloW said:

The history of football suggests that a manager that does well at one club doesn’t necessarily do well at another. That Liam is doing well at Hull is no guarantee that he would have done the same here. That being said, I thought he was relieved of duty too soon when it happened and I still think he was treated a little harshly (unless there are things we don’t know about, like contract issues, interest from elsewhere and so on).  Pleased for him that’s he doing well. Seems like a thoroughly decent chap. 

Part of me thinks it wasn't down to him managing the team but down to managing the club, and how for a first job it would have been a big ask to make all the changes that have happened. And with all the personnel changes that happened over the summer makes me believe that Clowes wanted someone from the outside to come in and make the hard choices. It would have been more difficult for Rosenoir to say that now is the time to change Wassall, for example, as they would have been working together for 3 years and built up a relationship (not saying Rosenoir couldn't have done it, just that it is easier for Warne to do).

On 07/11/2023 at 16:13, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Aside from all the Rosenior vs Warne discourse (which is pretty boring), anyone else just really pleased that a top bloke who was nothing but brilliant with the fans seems to be doing really well in his career?

Me. I just wish he was doing it here.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Delighted for Liam. I think we made a mistake letting him go, and would have been stronger as a Club with him at the helm. Hope he can get a promotion on his CV although I have no affection whatsoever for Hull.

Oh mate, we’d still be passing it around the back and letting the odd goal in from a high press instead of just lumping it forward for a goal kick.

Think on. 

I'm pleased he's doing well but he's getting allot more financial support from the Turkish billionaire owner than he'd have got here and that's enabled him to get better players who are more suited to playing his way. At present Hull and West Brom are top of a pile of 9 clubs separated by 6 points chasing the last two playoff places. If he manages to keep them in the top 6 he'll have done a great job considering some of the teams currently below Hull at the moment. I imagine that a top 6 finish is the bottom of the owner's expectations, so I hope he appreciates that a top 8 finish in that company wouldn't be terrible.

17 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Delighted for Liam. I think we made a mistake letting him go, and would have been stronger as a Club with him at the helm. Hope he can get a promotion on his CV although I have no affection whatsoever for Hull.

I’ve a mate who’s an Hull fan, from what he’s said, Liam has been doing a decent job, tactics not too different than with us, just a far younger team.

Their fans have warmed to him, so they should; good young coach.

4 hours ago, Zag zig said:

I’ve a mate who’s an Hull fan, from what he’s said, Liam has been doing a decent job, tactics not too different than with us, just a far younger team.

Their fans have warmed to him, so they should; good young coach.

An what now?   🤷‍♂️

😉🤣

On 19/12/2023 at 15:54, Boycie said:

Oh mate, we’d still be passing it around the back and letting the odd goal in from a high press instead of just lumping it forward for a goal kick.

Think on. 

In Hull’s 3-0 win over Cardiff, two of the goals came from balls from inside their own half over the top (one being from the goalkeeper). It seems Rosenior is learning that mixing it up is probably the best way to go.

On 20/12/2023 at 23:53, Bris Vegas said:

In Hull’s 3-0 win over Cardiff, two of the goals came from balls from inside their own half over the top (one being from the goalkeeper). It seems Rosenior is learning that mixing it up is probably the best way to go.

I sometimes get the impression that once every blue moon, (some) players put aside any coaching instructions, and just think "what the heck...".  It's almost like some of them even have a mind of their own.  "Instinct", I think they call it?
See a team mate in space?
A good run through the channel?
A defender has just slipped, or pulled a hammy?

Sod it, let's try and play them in!

It's like something just snaps, and they make a decision there and then!  It's quite shocking to witness.

I saw my mate the other day, and he reckons some white guy once saw that the oppo keeper was way off his line.  He only went and took a shot from his own half, lobbing the stranded keeper and scoring a goal that some went on to describe as "World class".

I seriously doubt his coach at the time (whoever that was?) had had him drilling that day after day at the training ground?   🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I sometimes get the impression that once every blue moon, (some) players put aside any coaching instructions, and just think "what the heck...".  It's almost like some of them even have a mind of their own.  "Instinct", I think they call it?
See a team mate in space?
A good run through the channel?
A defender has just slipped, or pulled a hammy?

Sod it, let's try and play them in!

You’ve just removed any credit Warne will receive for winning games.

Win, was the players ignoring him.

Draw/Loss, Warnes useless