Can you help?

Hi everyone,

My Dad, a life-long Derby fan and season ticket holder, recently suffered from a stroke which left the right side of his body paralysed. Up until it struck, he had made the 200-mile round trip from Aylsebury to Derby 

His progress has been remarkable since - he can how walk short distances and has gained a lot of mobility. 

I would love to take him to the final game of the season with Carlisle to see out the journey. I would be devastated for him if, having supported us through thick and thin all his life right up until the stroke, he missed out on us winning promotion. This is where some of you could potentially help.

Our season tickets are about as difficult as it could be for someone with mobility issues: East Stand Upper, on the half-way line, half-way between stair wells. I'm just not sure I can safely get him up there with a capacity crowd.

I am only asking having tried to arrange disabled viewing with the club, who cannot help as the game is sold out. Does anyone sit in a lower block, close to a stairwell, who would be willing to swap seats just for this game? I'm only asking as this is a final plea!

41 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Hi everyone,

My Dad, a life-long Derby fan and season ticket holder, recently suffered from a stroke which left the right side of his body paralysed. Up until it struck, he had made the 200-mile round trip from Aylsebury to Derby 

His progress has been remarkable since - he can how walk short distances and has gained a lot of mobility. 

I would love to take him to the final game of the season with Carlisle to see out the journey. I would be devastated for him if, having supported us through thick and thin all his life right up until the stroke, he missed out on us winning promotion. This is where some of you could potentially help.

Our season tickets are about as difficult as it could be for someone with mobility issues: East Stand Upper, on the half-way line, half-way between stair wells. I'm just not sure I can safely get him up there with a capacity crowd.

I am only asking having tried to arrange disabled viewing with the club, who cannot help as the game is sold out. Does anyone sit in a lower block, close to a stairwell, who would be willing to swap seats just for this game? I'm only asking as this is a final plea!

I’m so sorry to hear about your father’s condition. It’s good to know that he is making progress.

Edited by scout's dad

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear that your Dad is recovering well. My seat is up in the Gods, so I'm of no use to you, but I hope you find a solution.

Hi Duracell, we have a pair of ideal seats for you, we picked the seats because we're close to friends on the opposite side of the aisle.

We're stair 41, row kk, seats 398,399 immediately next to the aisle in the lower east in line with the edge of the centre circle on the south stand side of the half way line. Row kk is about 4 rows down from the entry stairs and the seats are on the right as you walk down to them.

We could meet you at the bottom of stair 41 in the concourse or you can just let me know your seat numbers.

42 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Hi Duracell, we have a pair of ideal seats for you, we picked the seats because we're close to friends on the opposite side of the aisle.

We're stair 41, row kk, seats 398,399 immediately next to the aisle in the lower east in line with the edge of the centre circle on the south stand side of the half way line. Row kk is about 4 rows down from the entry stairs and the seats are on the right as you walk down to them.

We could meet you at the bottom of stair 41 in the concourse or you can just let me know your seat numbers.

Thats a lovely gesture, i really hope you and the 'bunny' can arrange this. All the best to @Duracell 's dad too, xx. 

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear this, although glad recovery is happening and you’ve already had a response.

My dad has had similar health issues recently. Mobility is a big factor, although he still manages the 2 hour train journey most home games. We’ve moved season tickets to front row of North stand for next season for this reason. Not a great view, but is ample access for him and quietest part of the stadium for footfall. Football is better when shared with others, so glad that you’ll (hopefully) get to share it with your dad

18 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

If there's anyone else out there that can help myself and a friend who wouldn't mind swapping seats for 2 tickets for the Carlisle game, we can meet at the Clough/Taylor statue...If you can here's my 2 seats.

image.png.d881e88928c527caa5a495d0cf602c6f.png

I'll keep you in mind.............................................if Duracell doesn't take up my offer.🤔

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

Hi everyone,

Aylesbury? 10 mins from me. Small world. Glad to hear he's on the mend 👍🏼

6 hours ago, Duracell said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear this bunny, can see you've got an offer there on the table to switch seats, hope that helps and you manage to get your Dad to the game 🐏

My old man is east lower, third row back from the pitch, half way line, right on the aisle. Only one seat though but his mate might be in the seat next to him, I'd have to double check. If you're interested DM me and I'll see if he'd be willing to swap but I imagine you might want two seats so the previous offer may be preferable to you.

I live in Haddenham, just down the road from Aylesbury at it happens. 

5 hours ago, ram59 said:

Top man ram59. Derby fans always turn up when needed.

6 hours ago, Duracell said:

Hi everyone,

I can't help with tickets, but I hope that: a) your Dad's progress continues; b) you manage to get him a ticket for the final day; but most importantly that he continues to progress his recovery.  You don't need to tell him a Pompey fan sends him best wishes, but I'm pretty sure if others from the 92 saw this note they'd all be saying the same thing.  Love to you and yours.

19 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I can't help with tickets, but I hope that: a) your Dad's progress continues; b) you manage to get him a ticket for the final day; but most importantly that he continues to progress his recovery.  You don't need to tell him a Pompey fan sends him best wishes, but I'm pretty sure if others from the 92 saw this note they'd all be saying the same thing.  Love to you and yours.

These Portsmouth lot all seem pretty decent. 

On 18/04/2024 at 17:25, Duracell said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he gets well soon. I too have a similar problem and wondered if anyone can help me also for the Carlisle game. I had an operation a couple of days ago which means I’m not allowed to stand for very long, as I’m in the south stand that’s a bit tricky! Also it might get a bit excitable where I sit and don’t want to risk anything getting accidentally knocked. If there’s any takers for a pair of tickets to swap somewhere in the stadium where me and hubby can sit down and see the game for two south stand lower, block C , please let me know. I also contacted ticket office but same problem with sell out. Thanks if anyone can help 

On 18/04/2024 at 23:57, RodleyRam said:

My old man is east lower, third row back from the pitch, half way line, right on the aisle. Only one seat though but his mate might be in the seat next to him, I'd have to double check. If you're interested DM me and I'll see if he'd be willing to swap but I imagine you might want two seats so the previous offer may be preferable to you.

I live in Haddenham, just down the road from Aylesbury at it happens. 

Thank you so much for your kind offer, I really appreciate it! We have gone with the hero that its ram59!

Small world that you live so close to him