Mystery Announcement? Friday 05/04/24 08:20am

4 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Andrew Charles Twigge with an ‘e’ Breakfast show presenter on RD. I tend to listen to him on my drive home from a long night shift at 6am most mornings 

One half of Joe and Twiggy that used to be on radio Trent, constantly sucking up to the red dogs and putting us down. Then he went to radio Derby and all of a sudden it’s I’m a Derbyshire lad through and through, does my head in, and he supports Everton.😂

The broadcasting isn't the exciting part, it's the live coverage of Dom trying out as a free agent signing to see us to the end of the season.

Apparently Ed Dawes had his chance and the club have been steered away from signing Craig rammage as to controversial.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

Well despite the doom and gloom on this, I'm actually looking forward to it all. It'll be quite interesting listening to non pre/post match generic questioning from the players and management.

An intriguing insight into the folk behind the scenes that you don't know about or hear from usually. I know the kit man and the club secretaries have been there donkeys years, they'll surely have some stories to tell. 

People have been crying out for the club to be more open and transparent, then when it happens there's all moans... Typical!

Just now, Ram@Lincoln said:

Well despite the doom and gloom on this, I'm actually looking forward to it all. It'll be quite interesting listening to non pre/post match generic questioning from the players and management.

An intriguing insight into the folk behind the scenes that you don't know about or hear from usually. I know the kit man and the club secretaries have been there donkeys years, they'll surely have some stories to tell. 

People have been crying out for the club to be more open and transparent, then when it happens there's all moans... Typical!

I don’t think the moans, or gentle ribbing, is about them doing this, it’s more about RD getting people’s hopes up about a big announcement.  Don’t think there’s much in the way of ‘real’ feeling about it either - most thought it would be underwhelming and, while probably a good bit of radio, it is.

Just now, LazloW said:

I don’t think the moans, or gentle ribbing, is about them doing this, it’s more about RD getting people’s hopes up about a big announcement.  Don’t think there’s much in the way of ‘real’ feeling about it either - most thought it would be underwhelming and, while probably a good bit of radio, it is.

I don't know why folk got their hopes up though. If it's anything of reasonable size, the club would announce it first. Player signing, new contract, investment etc. This was always going to be a RD specific thing.

Gone are the days of the Green'Un breaking the latest headlines, the club have their own media channels and will want the first say. Under Clowes there's no mega leaks, most players are signed under the radar unlike with Mel Morris and Sam Rush.

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Did they though? Radio Derby, nor BBC Derby Sport even tweeted any teaser or anything. It was just Dom Dietrich who was excited to announce it, as he is entitled to. I imagine he is looking forward to doing it - I would be if I was him!

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If this is the level we are setting for exciting announcements, they I am delighted to inform you all that I will be starting work today in approximately 33 minutes from now (08.27am).

Thank you.

You’ve missed the drama of keeping us guessing for 24 hours - or 10 minutes as I catch up with the excitement of a new 7 page thread 🙄

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Did they though? Radio Derby, nor BBC Derby Sport even tweeted any teaser or anything. It was just Dom Dietrich who was excited to announce it, as he is entitled to. I imagine he is looking forward to doing it - I would be if I was him!

Well, OK, if you’re being picky (how unusual for people on this forum), I should’ve said DD got people’s hopes up… but even then I don’t think anybody really thought it would be anything particularly earth shattering, which is why I don’t think anybody is really moaning; just having a bit of fun about it being a ‘meh’ as the kids say.  It’s all fairly light hearted, gentle stuff.