Mystery Announcement? Friday 05/04/24 08:20am

18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

How would any of you like it if you're in the middle of a relaxing massage and radio derby burst in on you shoving a microphone in your face demanding to know if you get sausages on the breakfast menu at Moor Farm?!

I'd turn around flashing the goods and say I bring me own

54 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd turn around flashing the goods and say I bring me own

And now you’ve got your answer can you clear yourselves out as Anong‘s about to get to the best bit of the massage 😮

On 05/04/2024 at 09:06, ollycutts1982 said:

Crikey, listening to him after a long night shift, how do you not fall asleep at the wheel?

Strangely enough he keeps me awake as I drive back over the border from Notts 

16 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Well …. Was owt said worth communicating?

Can’t recommend listening to it enough- I particularly enjoyed the Ian Skye section. Eric Steele was with him.

you just get snippets into the life of the club. The kitman has been at the club 40 years, started as an apprentice and was a player, I could have listened to him all day. 

another employee’s grandad was the driver of the club bus in Cloughie’s tenure.

used to take the bus home sometimes and park in a nearby pub car park so he could give the bus a good clean before its next journey 

Things you’d never usually hear 

Whilst it’s not worth going back and listening to a whole day worth of audio, it was a very impressive stint from Radio Derby and I really enjoyed it as something different. Lots of interesting bits with Eric Steele with the kit man etc, but also a pretty interesting kind of round table with Colin Gibson, Tom Loakes and Ed Dawes about the media side of things (including having to hide Marriott in the back of Gibbo’s car when he signed). Owen Bradley spoke well about RamsTV, a few interviews on the academy etc etc. It was just good radio tbh, and I hope people didn’t purposefully miss out because they talked themselves into thinking it was a distraction or whatever they were whinging about beforehand. I do find it quite funny that there were 9 pages on here before Monday and just after a page since it was broadcast.

FWIW, the most important thing to come out of it is that it’s sured up the club’s relationship with Radio Derby. I might be wrong but I did sense it was all quite frosty under Mel’s tenure and there has probably been a bit of hangover in the 2-3 years since. I’m sure it’s not that any bridge mending was needed, but things like Warne doing a couple of interviews with presenters away from Dom and Ed are good because it brings a different perspective to Warne. Hopefully it means there will be more stuff like this was in the future.

Great job by everyone involved!

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really that fussed about this.  I did listen to the Rams Daily podcast yesterday which is a shortened 45min version and I quite enjoyed it.  Is the full version on BBC Sounds?  If so, I might give it a go and skip through the bits I’m not so interested in.

I used to know the kit man’s dad and have a pint with him before the game.  He once arranged for Mrs FBM’s Rams shirt to be signed by the first team squad.  I reckon that was around 2002/03.

24 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really that fussed about this.  I did listen to the Rams Daily podcast yesterday which is a shortened 45min version and I quite enjoyed it.  Is the full version on BBC Sounds?  If so, I might give it a go and skip through the bits I’m not so interested in.

I used to know the kit man’s dad and have a pint with him before the game.  He once arranged for Mrs FBM’s Rams shirt to be signed by the first team squad.  I reckon that was around 2002/03.

It is all available- I went old school & caught up with the part I missed via the radio Derby website and then selected the schedules from Monday

26 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

It is all available- I went old school & caught up with the part I missed via the radio Derby website and then selected the schedules from Monday

I often listen to the six o'clock show on BBC Sounds app as I'm just about out of range of the radio signals.