Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

It seems @Comrade 86 that your match preview has gone down about as well as a turd in a Jambalaya on the Wycombe forum.

https://gasroom.org/discussion/8719/efl-trophy-final/p32

You'd think, living in High Wycombe, they'd appreciate a bit of humour to take their minds off parking problems and the lack of affordable housing, but seemingly not. 

It's like we're supposed to be grateful or some-such.

IMG_5721.thumb.jpeg.4a1d0fba7de2399994a98e24cbeec557.jpeg
This fella has us sussed, to be fair.

6 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

That said, we seemed to be playing rather well prior to the injuries too, so perhaps he's not really stumbled on anything.

We’ve now got the best balanced side we’ve had all season imo, a side that has the ability to outplay the oppo as well as grind out results; a side that is showing the consistency we have lacked for most of the season. That’s why I agree with those who are predicting promotion.

I don’t think using words like ‘stumbled’ is helpful, but I think it has taken us far too long to work out how best to utilise the squad. Happy to provide more detail but if I do I fear you’ll merely criticise me for being negative. 

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

It seems @Comrade 86 that your match preview has gone down about as well as a turd in a Jambalaya on the Wycombe forum.

https://gasroom.org/discussion/8719/efl-trophy-final/p32

You'd think, living in High Wycombe, they'd appreciate a bit of humour to take their minds off parking problems and the lack of affordable housing, but seemingly not. 

It's like we're supposed to be grateful or some-such.

Who’s the Derby fan on there sucking up to them all? 😂

1 hour ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

Why would you want to live within 20 miles of some of the finest countryside and stately homes in the UK when you can have Slough and Reading on the doorstep.  I can see why Wycombe get such dogshit crowds as well with this Smorgasbord of entertainment elsewhere in the town at the weekend. 😂

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/d/united-kingdom--high-wycombe/events--this-weekend/

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

We’ve now got the best balanced side we’ve had all season imo, a side that has the ability to outplay the oppo as well as grind out results; a side that is showing the consistency we have lacked for most of the season. That’s why I agree with those who are predicting promotion.

I don’t think using words like ‘stumbled’ is helpful, but I think it has taken us far too long to work out how best to utilise the squad. Happy to provide more detail but if I do I fear you’ll merely criticise me for being negative. 

Our best balanced side of the current ilk, that is one that sets up with a back 4 would contain the likes of Nyambe, Fozzy and Gayle upfront IMO, so I beg to differ. If you could point out my last post relating to your negativity, I'd be obliged, as in all honesty, I'm not aware of interacting with you much at all this season, a scenario that's probably served both of us quite well.

6 hours ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

The best thing about Wycombe is that it’s not far from London, otherwise (equally) there is generally nothing else to do - and they still don’t get decent crowds. 

You could make this argument about 98% of the towns and cities in the country. 

Edited by Ambitious

11 hours ago, Crewton said:

That's excellent news, but if their Jambalaya was served with a floater, would they actually notice?

In fairness, one of them got it...

image.thumb.png.05f01a3a3d1b637a638abad9642a2f30.png

This chap seems most offended, though looking at him, I'm a bit worried that if he doesn't calm down he might give himself an aneurysm.

image.thumb.png.74032e97bc125b702ca2a65575bdd04c.png

He commented: You also have the disadvantage of having neanderthal knuckle-draggers as supporters, such as this poster on the DCFC forum. 🤣

Well Bargepole, my old mucker, since you took time to visit our forum, firstly, can I wholeheartedly welcome you and thank you unreservedly for your kind words. I would like to point out though that the post was satirical, but I fear the notion would be lost on you. Did you come snooping imagining we'd be singing your praises? Really? 

Also, I'm a tad affronted by the knuckle dragging thing, but I put that down to you having a couple of things dragging along the floor yourself, though likely not your knuckles.  

Much love,

86 x

13 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from the local Peterborough Telegraph

The entire lower section of the Posh end is sold out, a very small number of tickets remain in the blocks of Level 2 and the club has sold enough tickets to open the top three blocks of the stadium’s top tier.

Wycombe, meanwhile, have sold considerably less and only saw the first block of Level 2 opened for their fans on Tuesday in the west side of the stadium.

The top tier will therefore, will be largely empty, but for around 500 Posh fans.

The opening of Level 2 means that Wycombe have sold just over 15,000 tickets, bringing the estimated attendance close to 38,000.

…………………..no further comment required!

38K? We'd take more than that.

Having said that their >15K Wembley following is THREE times their average home gate of 4919, we took more than that average to Barnsley...

16 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Where from? The only source I've seen saying that is our very own @Millenniumram who claimed that not only was he out for the season, but that he'd played his last game for the club. I own underpants more ITK than him though.

Read/heard on dcfc.co.uk from a PW interview in the week following the Bolton game IIRC.