Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

I just dreamt I watched us lose 1-0 in a travesty of a s***housing match against Wycombe. I was then watching a news report with Bolton fans being interviewed saying they were now favourites and didn't want the play offs.

It took me about 5mins of feeling miserable before I realised it had been a dream.

Come on Derby ....  win tomorrow,  thrash Orient at the weekend and Portsmouth to grab a draw and we are almost there. 

Really don't fancy the play offs.

48 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I just dreamt I watched us lose 1-0 in a travesty of a s***housing match against Wycombe. I was then watching a news report with Bolton fans being interviewed saying they were now favourites and didn't want the play offs.  It took me about 5mins of feeling miserable before I realised it had been a dream.

Regrettably, I can foresee this being wide awake. It’s this kind of game that has been our undoing a number of times in recent years. Time for a big performance from the boys. It doesn’t have to be pretty but we need 3 points from this game otherwise I can see a massive wobble being on the cards.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Regrettably, I can foresee this being wide awake. It’s this kind of game that has been our undoing a number of times in recent years. Time for a big performance from the boys. It doesn’t have to be pretty but we need 3 points from this game otherwise I can see a massive wobble being on the cards.

Unfortunately I agree with you on this, it doesn’t have to be pretty, we just need a good hard working performance from everyone, we need to take a leaf out of Adams and Collins book !!!

39 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Unfortunately I agree with you on this, it doesn’t have to be pretty, we just need a good hard working performance from everyone, we need to take a leaf out of Adams and Collins book !!!

I think having the likes of Collins, Adams and Nelson as the spine of the team is a bonus for games like this. They’ll set the tone for the rest and make sure we’re not bullied as easily as we have been in the past….i hope 🤞 

59 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think having the likes of Collins, Adams and Nelson as the spine of the team is a bonus for games like this. They’ll set the tone for the rest and make sure we’re not bullied as easily as we have been in the past….i hope 🤞 

The likes of Smith and Cash also like a battle 👍

37 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

The likes of Smith and Cash also like a battle 👍

Waghorn is strong as an ox. Other of our more skilful players are also able to mix it, NML, Wilson, Ward are all able to get stuck in.

Possibly only Bird, Hourihane are more 'technical' without that bite, which is why (Fornah and then) Adams were recruited, as eg Thompson, Smith just couldn't do it all. Shame we couldn't do that successfully earlier in the season.

Leigh Curtis’ predicted XI in the DET assuming Ward isn’t fit enough to play is a 4-4-2 as follows;

Wildsmith

Wilson  Nelson  Cashin  Sibley 

NML     Smith     Adams   CBT

Collins   Waghorn 

I don’t hate it, solid in the middle, pace and trickery out wide from the wingers and the full backs. It’s just a…erm….industrious front 2, so not a great amount of guile, but maybe it’ll be a game for staying solid and then kicking their front door in at the right moments.

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Leigh Curtis’ predicted XI in the DET assuming Ward isn’t fit enough to play is a 4-4-2 as follows;

Wildsmith

Collins   Waghorn 

I don’t hate it, solid in the middle, pace and trickery out wide from the wingers and the full backs. It’s just a…erm….industrious front 2, so not a great amount of guile, but maybe it’ll be a game for staying solid and then kicking their front door in at the right moments.

We need to unlock a solid defence. I’d pair Tommo w CBT on the left and appoint Waggy cheerleader. After his rest I think NML will cause havoc down the rw so hopefully Collo has his heading boots on. Hourihane on as AM if we’re not winning at 70 mins. He might find space up there as they tire. If Ward is fit, selection becomes more difficult …

56 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

my slight concern is Warne saying that the lads weren't great in training yesterday - hopefully they up their levels today ready for the match tomorrow evening

TBF I don’t mind that. Imagine if he’d spent ages waxing how great we looked. Players might think they’d got 3 points in the bag already!

5 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

TBF I don’t mind that. Imagine if he’d spent ages waxing how great we looked. Players might think they’d got 3 points in the bag already!

You beat me too it. How often have we heard "he [insert name of player] or they were amazing in training" only for it not to happen on match day.

38 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Wildsmith

Collins   Waghorn 

Possibly Washigton if fit is a better option as part of a 2? Offers a slightly different option to the other 2. Although I suppose it's unlikely for Wycombe's line to be up enough for him to run behind. This is why it's such a shame about Gayle,  who gave us such a smart striking option

41 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Wildsmith

Collins   Waghorn 

Grim strikeforce that. Waghorn is redundant, may as well play someone like Thompson just for his pressing over Waghorn.