Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

DC will be painfully aware of the reckless disregard Couhig showed for our club’s future. Wonder if Couhig will offer him hospitality and whether DC will accept it   If I were DC I’d take my plane to Dublin and award myself a free rams TV pass 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

DC will be painfully aware of the reckless disregard Couhig showed for our club’s future. Wonder if Couhig will offer him hospitality and whether DC will accept it   If I were DC I’d take my plane to Dublin and award myself a free rams TV pass 

If I was DC I’d accept the hospitality and gorge myself on as much as I could manage. I’d also make sure I “accidentally” trod some ketchup (or similar) into the carpets an anomalously damage the toilets. 😀

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

If I was DC I’d accept the hospitality and gorge myself on as much as I could manage. I’d also make sure I “accidentally” trod some ketchup (or similar) into the carpets an anomalously damage the toilets. 😀

It would be anomalous if it wasn’t anonymous 

16 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

With us having a longer break than them & them having a cup final on Sunday on a big pitch vs a good footballing team I would hope with our team we go there on Weds and run all over them & kill them with our pace & energy.

Depending on Ward's fitness I would expect the same starting 11. I have a feeling that 1 or maybe 2 of Forsyth, Bird & Barkhuizen may make the bench. It is getting to the point of the season where I think Warne might take a risk with injuries if needed, such as Forsyth as we have not first team defender on the bench. 

Forget Fozzy for the rest of the season. Bird might make the bench. Barks not yet ready.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Forget Fozzy for the rest of the season. Bird might make the bench. Barks not yet ready.

Pretty sure Warne mentioned that Forsyth is due back training as well as Bird & Barkuizen

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Pretty sure Warne mentioned that Forsyth is due back training as well as Bird & Barkuizen

Everything I've seen/heard has been Foz out for the season. Possibly not heard everything though. Bird is due to be available from the Wycombe game. Barks is training but not yet match ready IIRC. 

5 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Everything I've seen/heard has been Foz out for the season. Possibly not heard everything though. Bird is due to be available from the Wycombe game. Barks is training but not yet match ready IIRC. 

I am just going from this, that he might risk Fozzy on the bench vs Wycombe knowing Bradley is then back after that...

20240404_160316.jpg

On 03/04/2024 at 14:58, r4derby said:

With the injuries currently throughout the squad, we’ve stumbled onto a formation that surprisingly works quite well.

Indeed, in fact I heard that Warne bought a lottery ball dispensing machine and simply fed in the squad numbers of those who remain able to play and hey presto, he 'stumbled onto a formation that surprisingly works quite well', as you put it. Such a lucky manager!

That said, we seemed to be playing rather well prior to the injuries too, so perhaps he's not really stumbled on anything.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I'd stick with the first part of your plan, but forego the ketchup in favour of some Monsieur Creosote style power-vomming.

giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Where from? The only source I've seen saying that is our very own @Millenniumram who claimed that not only was he out for the season, but that he'd played his last game for the club. I own underpants more ITK than him though.

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Where from? The only source I've seen saying that is our very own @Millenniumram who claimed that not only was he out for the season, but that he'd played his last game for the club. I own underpants more ITK than him though.

I was told he was done for the season, that he’d played his last game for the club is purely based on his age and the face he’s out of contract. He may well sign another deal (I’d offer him one). 

Seems something has changed though as Warne seems to think he’ll be fit for Leyton Orient.

It seems @Comrade 86 that your match preview has gone down about as well as a turd in a Jambalaya on the Wycombe forum.

https://gasroom.org/discussion/8719/efl-trophy-final/p32

You'd think, living in High Wycombe, they'd appreciate a bit of humour to take their minds off parking problems and the lack of affordable housing, but seemingly not. 

It's like we're supposed to be grateful or some-such.

17 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It seems @Comrade 86 that your match preview has gone down about as well as a turd in a Jambalaya on the Wycombe forum.

https://gasroom.org/discussion/8719/efl-trophy-final/p32

You'd think, living in High Wycombe, they'd appreciate a bit of humour to take their minds off parking problems and the lack of affordable housing, but seemingly not. 

It's like we're supposed to be grateful or some-such.

The truth hurts I guess. Letting a jokey post on a Derby forum interrupt their big day out build up in the Paint/Pizza/Car Cup!

At least Wembley will be 1/3 full. What an occasion.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The truth hurts I guess. Letting a jokey post on a Derby forum interrupt their big day out build up in the Paint/Pizza/Car Cup!

At least Wembley will be 1/3 full. What an occasion.

Pinched from the local Peterborough Telegraph

The entire lower section of the Posh end is sold out, a very small number of tickets remain in the blocks of Level 2 and the club has sold enough tickets to open the top three blocks of the stadium’s top tier.

Wycombe, meanwhile, have sold considerably less and only saw the first block of Level 2 opened for their fans on Tuesday in the west side of the stadium.

The top tier will therefore, will be largely empty, but for around 500 Posh fans.

The opening of Level 2 means that Wycombe have sold just over 15,000 tickets, bringing the estimated attendance close to 38,000.

…………………..no further comment required!