Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

9 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Or play through midfield, which is what we refused to do at Northampton, and it cost us. 

So long as he sticks with a back four, and plays Smith and Ward rather than Bradley and Hourihane, we  will be fine.

At Northampton we started with both Bradley and Hourihane, Ward and Blackett Taylor were only subs. 

We also have Collins back instead of Washington/Waggy.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Forsyth now joins Ryan Nyambe and Jake Rooney in the group of players unlikely to feature again this season

Source: https://the72.co.uk/2024/03/29/two-huge-boosts-derby-county-team-news-and-predicted-xi-to-face-blackpool/

Same story on derbycounty.news 

The72 crew are clueless mate. Word to the wise, don't take anything they say seriously. That's pure doom-scroll clickbait.

How many forums are you on btw? After spotting you on the Wycombe board, a quick google reveals quite a lot, though given recent history, Wycombe is definitely the weirdest.

Edited by Comrade 86

For this game I’d love to see

Wildsmith

Wilson Nelson Cashin Sibley

Smith Adams Thompson 

Mendez Collins CBT

thats assuming Ward won’t be able to start because of his knock.

It seems Wycombe will be missing Scowen from the heart of their midfield and have also moved Leahy to left back which makes them a bit toothless in the middle. So having a three with the energy Smith Tommo and Adams will give us, would really give us a stronghold on the game.

With a three in midfield it would also allow Mendez to move back to the right wing where I think everyone agrees he is best. With CBT playing so well having him and Mendez on opposite wings would be amazing on the counter against slow full backs. 

31 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

The72 crew are clueless mate. Word to the wise, don't take anything they say seriously. That's pure doom-scroll clickbait.

How many forums are you on btw? After spotting you on the Wycombe board, a quick google reveals quite a lot, though given recent history, Wycombe is definitely the weirdest.

Clickbait, agreed. However, when they actually say something rather than the speculation they mainly post, it's generally spot on although 95% of what they post is pure speculation, the rest is copied from other sources. So, 5% of their posts are accurate... this was one. Seems Fozzy, like Collo, looks like getting back early. Good news if true.

Went on Wycombe when the Couhig thing started to ask their view on it. I was polite, they responded in kind, had some discussion on there, not always agreed with each other but it's been civilised, even when I faulted their "style" although I do understand why they play that way.  

I'm one of the last few on FootyMad. Joined this one when COYR went south. Used to run the East Midlands Collective before that ended up with a handful of posters from a top of 500.

My background? Played till I was 53. Last few years as player/coach, UEFA B qualified. Coached the youth keepers at my local club for about 10 years. Qualified ref as well. Quit that 2 years ago after a broken fibula that needed 2 operations left me not able to keep up with play box to box for 90 minutes. Always said I'd never become the ref that never left the centre circle so, at 68 and true to my word, I stopped.

9 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Clickbait, agreed. However, when they actually say something rather than the speculation they mainly post, it's generally spot on although 95% of what they post is pure speculation, the rest is copied from other sources. So, 5% of their posts are accurate... this was one. Seems Fozzy, like Collo, looks like getting back early. Good news if true.

Went on Wycombe when the Couhig thing started to ask their view on it. I was polite, they responded in kind, had some discussion on there, not always agreed with each other but it's been civilised, even when I faulted their "style" although I do understand why they play that way.  

I'm one of the last few on FootyMad. Joined this one when COYR went south. Used to run the East Midlands Collective before that ended up with a handful of posters from a top of 500.

My background? Played till I was 53. Last few years as player/coach, UEFA B qualified. Coached the youth keepers at my local club for about 10 years. Qualified ref as well. Quit that 2 years ago after a broken fibula that needed 2 operations left me not able to keep up with play box to box for 90 minutes. Always said I'd never become the ref that never left the centre circle so, at 68 and true to my word, I stopped.

Blimey, didn't ask for your life history mate 🤣

7 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Is walking football big over your way?

We're always looking out for good referees, preferably ones who understand the game. The refs in walking football are fairly static, taking up a position on one side of the pitch, around the half way line.

I'm that if you offered your services, they would be greatly received.

On 04/04/2024 at 11:19, kevinhectoring said:

So my physio friend (who used to work at Leighton Orient) says these days they wouldn’t do that if it’s a soft tissue issue. She thought most likely a knock on the bone which was tender and would settle down in just a few days.  Anyway, fingers crossed - he’s become an important part of the balance we’ve found in the last 4 or 5 games

Are Leighton Orient one of them tribute football teams? I imagine a heavily moustached Peter Kitchen lookalike posing out on the wing.

10 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

It will be an ugly ugly game with Wycombe adopting the exact same tactics as did Northampton. We will have to bludgeon our way through I fear.

I don't think it will be just the Wycombe game that will be an ugly ugly game.

Wycombe along with the other remaining 3 teams, who by the time we meet them, will probably have nothing to play for. Other than the kudos of beating us.

They'll all know we'll need wins, to keep ahead of the chasing pack. I believe all 4 teams will be dogmatic in their approach to the game,  try to  stifle us by any means possible, be they fair of foul. Then hopefully pinch a goal when we overstretch ourselves as we push forward looking for a goal.

Unless we manage to score a couple of early goals, I doubt any of the last 4 games will be easy to watch.

On 04/04/2024 at 16:50, Comrade 86 said:

Indeed, in fact I heard that Warne bought a lottery ball dispensing machine and simply fed in the squad numbers of those who remain able to play and hey presto, he 'stumbled onto a formation that surprisingly works quite well', as you put it. Such a lucky manager!

That said, we seemed to be playing rather well prior to the injuries too, so perhaps he's not really stumbled on anything.

It’s ok, it’s not that deep. I’m not having a dig at Warne, so you can calm down

10 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Forsyth now joins Ryan Nyambe and Jake Rooney in the group of players unlikely to feature again this season

Source: https://the72.co.uk/2024/03/29/two-huge-boosts-derby-county-team-news-and-predicted-xi-to-face-blackpool/

Same story on derbycounty.news 

I spoke to Craig on Friday before the Blackpool game. He said he hoped to be back before the end of the season.

56 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

I don't think it will be just the Wycombe game that will be an ugly ugly game.

Wycombe along with the other remaining 3 teams, who by the time we meet them, will probably have nothing to play for. Other than the kudos of beating us.

They'll all know we'll need wins, to keep ahead of the chasing pack. I believe all 4 teams will be dogmatic in their approach to the game,  try to  stifle us by any means possible, be they fair of foul. Then hopefully pinch a goal when we overstretch ourselves as we push forward looking for a goal.

Unless we manage to score a couple of early goals, I doubt any of the last 4 games will be easy to watch.

We haven't really had many games that have been an "easy watch" all season so no real change there.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Are Leighton Orient one of them tribute football teams? I imagine a heavily moustached Peter Kitchen lookalike posing out on the wing.

They're playing the Derby Doppelgangers next week.  Bloke who looks like Steve Cross still the utility man  and still equally crap in all positions.