Bin the Goal Music

Goal music is something I really hate.

One usually gets the initial bit of passion and enjoyment of the celebration before the crappy music comes in and pours water on it.

It usually curtails my celebration and I would gladly see it consigned to the depths of history.

It’s just too much like forced “fun”, which is another thing I can’t find time for.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Isn't anywhere near as cringe as "its in ya DNA youth" 

This for me is by far the worst thing outside of the football on match days. Goal music is a very close second.

Also we've been saying it for years, TURN IT DOWN.

Just now, Ram-Alf said:

Well there was this anall tenor.gif?itemid=7185949ba****d weather

Walked all the way to the game in glorious sunshine.  No proper coat, just body warmer.
Same for the first half of the walk home, then as I got to Jaguar, on that new exposed bike path adjacent to the A52, the hail battered me.  My face was red raw!

I remember thinking to myself... "OUCH! That smarts a little"!  👀

"Sunshine and showers" my arse!  🤬

54 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Walked all the way to the game in glorious sunshine.  No proper coat, just body warmer.
Same for the first half of the walk home, then as I got to Jaguar, on that new exposed bike path adjacent to the A52, the hail battered me.  My face was red raw!

I walked too, 1hr 45mins from Stenson, After missing the Wycombe game through our bus service I decided to walk, Had my wax coat on and as you said it was a lovely afternoon, I was sweating a little by the time I got to PP and thought putting my coat on was a bad idea.

Halfway to the Telegraph after the game the heavens opened...I was glad I put my coat on 😁

I think the issue is that everyone is there because they are supporting Derby - that is the common ground that unites us.

To a football crowd, music is subjective (and, in fairness, I don’t care what they play before and after the game) meaning that what someone likes is anathema to someone else.

For instance, I love music and I love football, just not together.  I really like Drone Corpse Aviator by Archspire, however I also appreciate that many others do not.  Why should that be blasted over the speakers when we score? (It shouldn’t)

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Nope.  It's not meant to be taken seriously and/or be based on factual evidence.

It is catchy, easy on the ear, and fun.
What's not to like?

I find it a bit cringe tbh.  

West Ham fans were singing constantly in Europe... that was a bit naff... singing it against Blackpool in League 1 is worse.

Very little chanting about promotion etc... think no one wants to dare say it as we seem to have a self destruct button we daren't tempt into action.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

We got to the car park on the industrial estate when the heavens opened and would have made it dry to our car but for the bonzo in the car next to us pulling forwards by 2 yards blocking our path. By the tome we had walked round him we were totally drenched. And the cars didn’t move for another 10 minutes, so he could have let us get to our car dry. The wassock!

Edited by DavesaRam

21 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It's crap, cringey and completely unnecessary. 

That is all.

The idea in itself is not the problem, likely it’s the execution.

All of the big clubs across Europe have either goal music or a stadium announcer that gets the fans going. So it’s not surprising we are trying to do the same.

Perhaps the problem for us is that we don’t have a song that feels authentically ours or a stadium announcer that captures the mood?

Porto, for instance, play the same goal music as us and also have a stadium announcer, but it feels very different as everyone gets involved and embraces it as part of the atmosphere.

5 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I am positive that if they removed the music. There would be a thread asking to bring it back.  I for one am too bust celebrating and only notice extra noise in the background 

I’ve never once heard an adult say they enjoy goal music.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The idea in itself is not the problem, likely it’s the execution.

All of the big clubs across Europe have either goal music or a stadium announcer that gets the fans going. So it’s not surprising we are trying to do the same.

Perhaps the problem for us is that we don’t have a song that feels authentically ours or a stadium announcer that captures the mood?

Porto, for instance, play the same goal music as us and also have a stadium announcer, but it feels very different as everyone gets involved and embraces it as part of the atmosphere.

I’m sure it works for them, but not everything translates from Europe to here though. All the mad pyro in Turkey is great, for example, but it just wouldn’t work here.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

20 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m sure it works for them, but not everything translates from Europe to here though. All the mad pyro in Turkey is great, for example, but it just wouldn’t work here.

I think maybe we need not to look down our noses at it for a start.

Anything can work if enough people get behind it.

Personally I’ll be twirling my scarf frantically to the goal music when CBT bangs in the winner to send us up v Carlisle.

18 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Also, though the atmosphere was quite flat today.

Think it was nerves! If we had got a second it would have been better, its always nervy af with the one goal imo!