Match Thread: vs Blackpool (h)

Today is the first day I started to believe promotion might be possible, so I have given myself a good slap and come up with many scenarios by which we can blow it. We can already see from todays results how good Cambridge and Carlisle are, for example, so we will surely lose our last two games. Not to mention very tricky games at Portsmouth and Wycombe. I have now successfully re-convinced myself that we have no chance.

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

So, hang on. Are you saying you left her in A&E and came to the game without her?

It’s what true supporters do.

A great win and even better with Bolton drawing.

I still think it’s in the balance though. It only takes us to lose to Portsmouth (which is obviously likely) and Bolton beat Reading and Bristol Rovers, then this time next week we could be on equal points with Bolton and both have 4 left to play.

What a game. Proper blood and thunder stuff at times, but we also played some good stuff in brief spells. The whole back 4 were immense and Adams was a force of nature. He looked shattered by the end, same with Smith who did a good, professional job in getting a boot in and slowing things down when we needed it. We look so much better when not carrying Hourihane. CBT had an excellent first half and Washy gave a good account tooi. It was so good to see Collo again, just being a handful and a nuisance.

A word for the ref, too. I thought he had a really good game, which is probably the only time this season I've said that.

A point at Pompey please!

Bearing in mind I  missed the Bolton game due to "Other stuff", I've gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed this afternoon!
The walk in the sunshine to get there.  The queues at the turnstiles at 14:48.  The grit, determination and effort on the pitch.  The atmosphere from all points of the compass stands.  The cracking view of a cracking goal.  The relief at the final whistle.  The post-whistle celebrations on and off the pitch.  Heck, even the drenching from the 5 minute hailstorm on the way home!

No.  It wasn't a classic.  But it was bloody enjoyable, and I think every single one of us deserved that, after last week's all round poor output.

By jove... I do believe we're on our way... To the Championship, we're on our way...

56 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Even if Bolton were to win every game and finish on 93 points, which I doubt they will, that means we would only need to win 4 out of 5 which is entirely possible in my opinion. We're in a very strong position. I reckon 3 wins for us will do it now as we have the better goal difference.

Goal difference tends to worsen if you lose a few games, and improve if you win a few. Strange that. 

Fantastic result. Called away so missed the commentary, but so relieved when I checked the final score. Probably lucky not to have to go through the in-game tension with the rest of you. Well done to the lads. We don't have one foot in the Championship, but I'd say maybe a big toe. Lets hope it can cling on. I fully expect the three teams in the hunt below us to win on Monday. Might even put an accumulator insurance bet on it...

Well deserved 1st half lead. Cash and Nels both rocks. Ebou brilliant 1st half. CBT showed why we bought him in the opening 45 minutes. Both he and Ebou were a tad quieter in the 2nd half. Subs did their jobs well. The rest were all adequate or better.

Are we starting to learn the dark arts? JW down on one knee when we're under the cosh?

I will claim responsibility for the poor results of the chasing pack. 3 game accumulator on Trotters, Posh and Tykes to win. Best €5 I've ever lost 🙂