Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

5 minutes ago, sage said:

He walked off without waiting for the red. That makes it fairly obvious.

The Ref had the Red Card in his hand well before Bradley starts to walk off as you can see from this still : Bradley is looking at the Lino, so I assume he had his flag raised. The Ref changed his initial decision from just a FK to a red card and a FK that I assume the Lino alerted the Ref over the Comms. How often do you see a Ref pull out a Red Card before even getting near the offender? It must have been a proper Glasgow Kiss.

Screenshot(90).thumb.png.910fed0ded63413561ce4576438d6a93.png

23 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The Ref had the Red Card in his hand well before Bradley starts to walk off as you can see from this still : Bradley is looking at the Lino, so I assume he had his flag raised. The Ref changed his initial decision from just a FK to a red card and a FK that I assume the Lino alerted the Ref over the Comms. How often do you see a Ref pull out a Red Card before even getting near the offender? It must have been a proper Glasgow Kiss.

Screenshot(90).thumb.png.910fed0ded63413561ce4576438d6a93.png

Couple of posters on here saw it, ask them.

The thing that got me with the Bradley incident was as he was walking off having received the red card, a few of their players were high fiving each other as if to say great job getting him sent off. If felt shades of Ronaldo winking having got Rooney sent off in the 2006 World Cup, apart from of course the game yesterday was more important...

Admittedly we didn't play well but I despised the total anti-football they played, apart from their great goal(!), especially in the second half with their players going down a ludicrous amount to break up the play with stoppages.

The mascot annoyed me as well, getting involved with the players, and trying to wind up our fans right from pre kick off.

The whole game was a shambles and it had the feel of Reading away as it was freezing and very windy, and we just didn't control the ball in the conditions or against such opposition.

3 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

The thing that got me with the Bradley incident was as he was walking off having received the red card, a few of their players were high fiving each other as if to say great job getting him sent off. If felt shades of Ronaldo winking having got Rooney sent off in the 2006 World Cup, apart from of course the game yesterday was more important...

Admittedly we didn't play well but I despised the total anti-football they played, apart from their great goal(!), especially in the second half with their players going down a ludicrous amount to break up the play with stoppages.

The mascot annoyed me as well, getting involved with the players, and trying to wind up our fans right from pre kick off.

The whole game was a shambles and it had the feel of Reading away as it was freezing and very windy, and we just didn't control the ball in the conditions or against such opposition.

Don't mention that stuff youth, it annoys people who think our players are the only c***s playing in this division.

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Couple of posters on here saw it, ask them.

Blindingly obvious red card, that or Monthe and Bradley both deserve Oscars.  As soon as I saw it, there was no question as to what was going to happen and it would have been wrong for it to have been any other way.

Childish behaviour by someone brought in to be a leader.

12 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Yeah the mascot didn't half annoy me as well, goading our fans when they scored, but more annoyingly disrespecting our players. Not that any of that excuses our bad performance mind!

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bradley hasn't shown himself to be the brightest apple in the barrel in the opponents penalty area though has he. All the stupid wrestling he gets involved in. But even so moving your head towards another player is enough to get you sent off nowadays. Edit: just seen rammieib's post - not much point in appealing then!

He’s not the brightest apple in the barrel that’s true. He’s not the sharpest banana in the washing basket either. I’d go as far as to say that he’s one strawberry short of a biscuit tin.

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I agree, it's ridiculous that football players are being asked to run during a football match, what is Warne thinking?

If you think a player with hamstrings like his and couple of games in 6 months should be pressing a goalie incessantly that's up to you.  You reap what you sow with that kind of set up.  No Goals against a team with a defence like a sieve.  

7 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

Every time we go on a good run is because Warne has stumbled on something, let's just hope he can stumble on something again friday

It may be that Warne does try something that works but sadly he then reverts back to type when he forgets why he was getting the players to play that way. We've gone through this cycle of events several times this season. 

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

He’s not the brightest apple in the barrel that’s true. He’s not the sharpest banana in the washing basket either. I’d go as far as to say that he’s one strawberry short of a biscuit tin.

One blunt knife don’t spoil the whole drawer

20 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

It’s hard to disagree with you after losing Knight , Bird and Wildsmith . Possibly along with Sibley and Thomson in a few weeks time . Looking at the big picture - have we been so desperate to get out of Lg 1 that we have no long-term strategy?

i think its a big worry, we have been selling younger players consistently to fund older players on short term deals. you have gotta build something, hopefully we get away with it and go up so the gamble has paid off but its a risky game to play because come the summer time we are left in a division that will be more difficult with a squad thatll need a full rebuild, its not like we can go again

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If you think a player with hamstrings like his and couple of games in 6 months should be pressing a goalie incessantly that's up to you.  You reap what you sow with that kind of set up.  No Goals against a team with a defence like a sieve.  

We shouldn't be playing him at all if running is putting him at risk of injury.

11 hours ago, DRBee said:

It may be that Warne does try something that works but sadly he then reverts back to type when he forgets why he was getting the players to play that way. We've gone through this cycle of events several times this season. 

Or it could be that having a squad made up of bargain basement freebies and players in the twilight's of their careers, due to the financial constraints we were under, means that we are prone to injuries which in turn necessitate changes in formation and tactics.

Of course when they work it is because Warne is lucky and when it doesn't work it is because Warne is a tactically naive PE teacher.

Think I've got that right. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or it could be that having a squad made up of bargain basement freebies and players in the twilight's of their careers, due to the financial constraints we were under, means that we are prone to injuries which in turn necessitate changes in formation and tactics.

Of course when they work it is because Warne is lucky and when it doesn't work it is because Warne is a limited tactically naive PE teacher.

Think I've got that right. 

FIFY