Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

1 minute ago, eddielewis said:

Northampton have lost Tony Springett to Ireland under 21's and their striker Kieron Bowie to Scotland Under 21's. So bare bones up front for them on Saturday.

That's good. I know he was only with us for a short while but Springett would have enjoyed playing against his mates, for sure. Still keeps in touch with them at least on Instagram.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Listening to the Rams Talk preview, the Northampton fan said their major weakness is at left back, where they have a gangly cumbersome player called Manny Monthe who is "a L2 centre back" filling in for their regular starter Patrick Brough who isn't up to much either... sounds like just the perfect game for Kane Wilson to play RWB and Mendez to drift out right from a forward position.

He also said they are quite fragile at defending set pieces....  😁

That's torn it!

0-0 it is then!   😉

3 hours ago, eddielewis said:

Northampton have lost Tony Springett to Ireland under 21's and their striker Kieron Bowie to Scotland Under 21's. So bare bones up front for them on Saturday.

Sadly it'll be the same for us.

6 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I see this game is available on RamsTV according to the club website. I thought Saturday 3pm games were overseas only?

(EDIT: Perhaps it’s because it’s an international weekend?)

We won't be stealing Liverpool and Citeh's thunder so it's all gravy.

After such a huge win last weekend PLEASE Derby can we not bottle it in this game. Please, just for once, can we actually see the job through and make it easy for ourselves.

This is exactly the sort of game we’ve had many times this season - a chance to really put the pressure on the teams around us when they’re not playing. And every time, it feels like, we’ve f***** it up with a pathetic half-arsed performance. It’s time for this team to get a grip, work like they’ve never worked before, and put Northampton to the sword. Show that strong character and personality, and show that they can see the job through.

We’ve bottled it wayyyy too many times from this sort of position in my lifetime. PLEASE Derby let’s make this season different and see it over the line. Do it for f****** B4! COME ON YOU f****** RAMS 

13 hours ago, eddielewis said:

I've also seen they're missing almost every full-back at the club too, so will be down to playing back-up centre backs out of position. You would have to think that Warne & Co are aware, because this could be a perfect platform for CBT to come into the team and have an impact and a platform for the following 6 games. 

NML will be a problem for Northampton on Saturday - if you want a 'first goalscorer' bet. 

13 hours ago, angieram said:

That's good. I know he was only with us for a short while but Springett would have enjoyed playing against his mates, for sure. Still keeps in touch with them at least on Instagram.

Played a massive part in that last-gasp winner at Port Vale last season- one of the great goals in terms of the atmosphere etc. So wish him well 👍

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've also seen they're missing almost every full-back at the club too, so will be down to playing back-up centre backs out of position. You would have to think that Warne & Co are aware, because this could be a perfect platform for CBT to come into the team and have an impact and a platform for the following 6 games. 

NML will be a problem for Northampton on Saturday - if you want a 'first goalscorer' bet. 

Their manager mentioned in his presser today he might have to call upon 35 year old striker Danny Hylton who has only been involved 4 times this season and does radio commentary for Luton Town. All the makings of first goalscorer 😂

Just now, eddielewis said:

Their manager mentioned in his presser today he might have to call upon 35 year old striker Danny Hylton who has only been involved 4 times this season and does radio commentary for Luton Town. All the makings of first goalscorer 😂

I'm not feeling any sympathy having watched the Poole/Holdsworth combo with a combined age of about 80 either end of the pitch.   He doesn't know his luck.

15 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Geez, this has all the warnings of an incoming disaster!

On 19/03/2024 at 08:04, angieram said:

Your matchday thread starters are a joy @Rampant.

Would you take a defeat tomorrow (and no more Rampant) but guaranteed top spot? Or take our chances to both go up and remain unbeaten? 

Think I would beed a guaranteed Cup truimph next season too to take the defeat but promotion!

Still chuckling at the Carr twins.

1 hour ago, eddielewis said:

And we are likely to be leading with Waghorn or Washington. Hot money on a 0-0 unless Sibbers can conjure another winner.

Any news on Collins ? Presumably not yet back in training.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He'd be getting more game time if he showed more endeavour to get a ball back, or at least move into space when he loses it so the person who is getting it back for him has a place to put the pass.  He looks quite quick but also mighty lazy in that regard.  I get the vibe it was I'm top man, get me the ball at his old club.  He won't get that here and is in danger of a quick exit if we have to be  2 up with 20 to go to give him a run out.