Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, SKRam said:

Deep breaths @Caerphilly Ram…. That’s what I take reading some posts! 
….. And relax 

I’m relaxed, we won 😁

I am however, perplexed by the notion today was “luck”.

I understand the well balanced points many people raise around our tactics in general, Warne’s approach (or lack of) to utilising the academy, the long term prospects of him being manager. But taking this game in isolation, and also considering the season so far, he surely at some point from some of those particularly opposed to him with less reasoned arguments than others articulate, surely deserves the slightest acknowledgment. 

Collins injury only confirmed Weds. Must have been a huge blow while preparing for this. Exactly the usual sort of match we lose. Always. So in circumstances will take that. Regroup in the week and off we go. Got the win with certain players not at their best. Today showed just how hard Collins works where those gaps were. 
Bradley really stepped up today and that little bit of skill about 65 mins in was majestic. 
But final word for Sibley - he's had a difficult time and I dont think I've ever been so pleased for a player to get a winner. 👏👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Don’t understand why people are saying Warne got it wrong. 

Yes I was moaning at half time. But unfortunately for Warne, Stevenage was always going to be tight. 

If Sibley would’ve started he’d have done nothing for 60 mins before being hauled off. 

Warne got it spot on today especially when you consider that our forward options are depleted. 

Happy to hear we’re in for Gayle, let’s hope the EFL aren’t bum holes and let us sign a 34 year old.

I don’t think he had much choice today. It worked better when we added a midfielder and had a footballer playing right wing back.

0-0 would have been fair which is why the win felt soooo good.

Just now, angieram said:

Never have I been so pleased to see a set of cheating players, haranguing management team and arrogant fans go home with absolutely nothing!

Too right Angie. The whole club is a disgrace. Why one of their staff was only booked that late I have no idea. All at it all game. Best way of shutting them up thats for sure

10 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

There has to come a point where we fluke so many wins, that it can no longer be called a fluke.

Perhaps we're just an efficient, effective, but not particularly eye-catching side? 🤷‍♂️

I think we have a very solid defence and better than average attack that will tend to score at least once per game even in turd games. That will get plenty of points.

A while ago I claimed that 3 must win games determine the season for us, the first is next up and its against Barnsley.

Then we have bolton and Portsmouth.

That said I don't like the stress of seeing a game against opposition that we are meant to beat, going to the final minutes like this one.

The easier teams have to be must wins to.

This is league one, if we are promoted, we have to get through a summer where more than 10 players might have to be replaced.

Most will want to stay if we are promoted but on the strength of today, would we want them to.

The championship will see us face much tougher competition.

Plus warmes got a lot of experience winning promotion to the championship but he's also seen relegation twice. In part because those teams were not strong enough to compete at the championship level.

On today's game I'd say I'm concerned about the current team being in the Championship.

Should Corey Blackett-Taylor have played today, he has scored 9 goals this season.

which puts him on the same goal tally as Nathaniel Méndez-Laing.

10 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

What are you shouting out Warne for? Setting us up in a formation that, as you say, doesn't work for us?

He had to play two wingers as forwards and hope we grabbed something. 
He went safe to start with and made changes which led to a goal.

I’ve criticised him in the past but today he and the team carved out a very important result.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m relaxed, we won 😁

I am however, perplexed by the notion today was “luck”.

I understand the well balanced points many people raise around our tactics in general, Warne’s approach (or lack of) to utilising the academy, the long term prospects of him being manager. But taking this game in isolation, and also considering the season so far, he surely at some point from some of those particularly opposed to him with less reasoned arguments than others articulate, surely deserves the slightest acknowledgment. 

Ignore it, or have the craic with them mate. You should know that reasoning with folk on here is often impossible and that many seem to view any change of opinion in the same way as you and I would view being neutered.

As it is, we're a dozen games from potential glory and I'm going to enjoy it the best way I can. If the naysayers want to spend their time picking faults with the team and manager, so be it, but don't allow them to detract from your experience.