Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

Scrappy 1-0 win, Nelson, Cashin and Bradley all very solid, we didn’t get bullied in the way we can normally. Adams did well too. Well done to Warne for making the changes to the side that swung momentum in our favour.

Clean sheet at home for the first time this year, 3 points in the bag, no more injuries (🤞) not been fun and felt pretty lonely on here in terms of optimism but I’m happy with that. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Excellent. A vital 3 points. For me it's a win despite of rather than because of the manager, but at least we got over the line. Sibley should have been on the field 81 minutes earlier, but at least he was finally brought on with a whole 9 minutes to score the goal. Come on you Rams!

But he changed things and got the win? I understand what went before wasn’t enjoyable to watch but how can Warne not be due some credit for picking a side that kept a clean sheet, that battled with a bullying side, and making the subs to get us the 3 points?! Some people really won’t give him any dues, it’s surely ok to say some of it was bad and he did what he needed to…. Eventually 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Well it’s 3 points and I’ll gladly take them…………but it was an absolutely dire game and our negative tactics at home are a bit concerning.

You can counterbalance that by saying we’ve got no striker, but I wish we’d be a bit more positive at home.

Bradley and Adams were our standout performers, Bradley silencing the critics and Adams completing a full 90 mins.

Not much else to report, other than a tidy finish from Sibley, who should really be starting if we’re without a striker.

What an important day this could be, I don’t really care that it wasn’t one for the ages, it could be massive.

We’ve “gained”…

+2 on Bolton, +3 on Peterborough, +2 on Oxford, +3 on Stevenage.

Most importantly, we’re now three clear of Bolton in 3rd. They may have two games in hand, but one of those is Barnsley away.

If we don’t have to go too many games without even one striker, then we might just do it.

Nine wins now needed from the remaining 13 matches. If one of those is away at Barnsley next Saturday, it effectively makes it impossible for them to catch us and cements this as a three-horse race for automatic promotion. Absolutely crucial victory.

Something extra satisfying about winning that way after having the game be at a stalemate for as long as it was lol, would prefer it to be a bit more comfortable like earlier this week LOL, also why is the Bolton game in 11 minutes of added time, something weird happen?