Paul Warne

Day

I'm sure it's not deliberate but the way he put's things across sound dreadful.  If you ain' got as much money to offer as others, then how you come across to someone you've met for a hour makes the difference.  

"You meet players, you try and financially put something together that's competitive. They meet other clubs and then everyone seems to go on holiday conveniently when there's a decision to be made. For example, a player has now gone to Portugal for two weeks and it's 'Look Paul, nothing's going to happen for the next two weeks, OK?'

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm sure it's not deliberate but the way he put's things across sound dreadful.  If you ain' got as much money to offer as others, then how you come across to someone you've met for a hour makes the difference.  

"You meet players, you try and financially put something together that's competitive. They meet other clubs and then everyone seems to go on holiday conveniently when there's a decision to be made. For example, a player has now gone to Portugal for two weeks and it's 'Look Paul, nothing's going to happen for the next two weeks, OK?'

Lol very good! People making silly jokes about our recent form, then you trump them all with a much better gag, pretending to be overly critical about some throwaway line Warne has recently said!

Funny thing is, there will probably be some people who think you are been serious, the same people who posted much more about Warne's media comments than actual matches!

I was very much a let’s see what happens when he came. Guys like Cocu who dream of something better always appeal more to me but here was a pragmatist with method for a purpose. One thing I was certain about was patience. Merry go round sackings just don’t work. PW has really grown on me. There’s a lot of intelligence behind the quirky remarks and he built a dressing room. I like him.

On 05/06/2024 at 23:11, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

For example, a player has now gone to Portugal for two weeks and it's 'Look Paul, nothing's going to happen for the next two weeks, OK?'

If you put this into google translate and ask for BS ——-> English you get

“well obviously my agent works 24/7 during transfer windows and he can get me any time, wherever I am. But he’s trying to line something up with a club that’s got more cash than you guys so give me a break buddy and let me have a couple of weeks without this constant stream of text messages “

22 hours ago, jono said:

I was very much a let’s see what happens when he came. Guys like Cocu who dream of something better always appeal more to me but here was a pragmatist with method for a purpose. One thing I was certain about was patience. Merry go round sackings just don’t work. PW has really grown on me. There’s a lot of intelligence behind the quirky remarks and he built a dressing room. I like him.

I backed Paul Warne all of last season , even when we were out of the top 6. I like him as a person and do not find him irritating. However if we don’t pick up 15 pts from the first 10 games next season or lose 5 games on the bounce - I think he could be toast . 

Nixon reporting tomorrow on a player we like…think we can all agree on it being Ebou Adams even though the last time he mentioned us…he linked Ebou with us already. Be nice if it was Rodak or a player Warne has been looking at in a different country. 

My guess is that we’ve sent a contract offer to Jacob Murphy but so have other clubs if it’s not to do with Ebou Adams 

12 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I backed Paul Warne all of last season , even when we were out of the top 6. I like him as a person and do not find him irritating. However if we don’t pick up 15 pts from the first 10 games next season or lose 5 games on the bounce - I think he could be toast . 

I hope we never lose 5 games on the bounce. !
 My take on it, if I was DC, would be to look at it after 10/15 games and as long as we aren’t bottom 3 and the feel/figures are showing an improving team then there’s no problem. 
If with 10 games to go we are struggling / flirting with relegation then PW will be under pressure 

I want him to have the full season and only a relegation threat would alter that. We simply have to stop the routine panic sackings. Building things properly is difficult, there are always tricky times in big projects. 

Just listened to the TalkSport interview. As you would expect he came over really well. I don’t think there are many managers that have his level of emotional intelligence. It’s clear there is lots of thought and planning behind everything, Paul and his team clearly live and breathe and put the hours in. Really interesting there’s two systems he’ll focus on in preseason and basically the players need to know everything about it so have to do their homework and be prepared to talk about it. 

Also it’s clear that he sees good dressing room environment as a potential differentiator and focuses on it heavily,  Personally I think this is why we beat Bolton  automatic, when we weren’t playing well the squad togetherness got us through. Most successful underdogs have strong dressing rooms and togetherness. Look at Luton Cov those sorts of teams. It can bridge some of the gap in quality where teams have bigger budgets. Interesting the whole Warne being appointed was basically Stephen Pearce liking Warne’s interviews, listening to his podcast and basically concluding this is the type of manager we want running our club. Human first and foremost. 

I also found it interesting when Matterface was asking him on Derbys budget last season trying to infer maybe Derby didn’t have the biggest budget and overachieved last season, Warne genuinely didn’t know if we had the biggest budget he saw the team as top 4, not necessarily top 2 which is how I saw it. However more interesting he said that in his 3 Rotherham promotions not once did he have a top 6 budget. I think we need to put some more respect on just what he achieved there. 

This season is his acid test, he will be battling expectancy, but he’s here as he wants to push Derby towards the premier league and go beyond  where he’s been as a manager before so he has the hunger, he creates a positive environment for people to be at their best and has demonstrated throughout his career thus far he can overachieve his budget, something we will need to do if we are to ever get back to the premier as there won’t ever be a scenario until we’re promoted that we have a top 3 or even top 6 budget. He’s definitely the right man for now and I really hope he proves to everyone this season just how good he is.

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just listened to the TalkSport interview. As you would expect he came over really well. I don’t think there are many managers that have his level of emotional intelligence. It’s clear there is lots of thought and planning behind everything, Paul and his team clearly live and breathe and put the hours in. Really interesting there’s two systems he’ll focus on in preseason and basically the players need to know everything about it so have to do their homework and be prepared to talk about it. 

Also it’s clear that he sees good dressing room environment as a potential differentiator and focuses on it heavily,  Personally I think this is why we beat Bolton  automatic, when we weren’t playing well the squad togetherness got us through. Most successful underdogs have strong dressing rooms and togetherness. Look at Luton Cov those sorts of teams. It can bridge some of the gap in quality where teams have bigger budgets. Interesting the whole Warne being appointed was basically Stephen Pearce liking Warne’s interviews, listening to his podcast and basically concluding this is the type of manager we want running our club. Human first and foremost. 

I also found it interesting when Matterface was asking him on Derbys budget last season trying to infer maybe Derby didn’t have the biggest budget and overachieved last season, Warne genuinely didn’t know if we had the biggest budget he saw the team as top 4, not necessarily top 2 which is how I saw it. However more interesting he said that in his 3 Rotherham promotions not once did he have a top 6 budget. I think we need to put some more respect on just what he achieved there. 

This season is his acid test, he will be battling expectancy, but he’s here as he wants to push Derby towards the premier league and go beyond  where he’s been as a manager before so he has the hunger, he creates a positive environment for people to be at their best and has demonstrated throughout his career thus far he can overachieve his budget, something we will need to do if we are to ever get back to the premier as there won’t ever be a scenario until we’re promoted that we have a top 3 or even top 6 budget. He’s definitely the right man for now and I really hope he proves to everyone this season just how good he is.

Excellent post.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think that we would be well happy with 15pts from the first 10 games, that's on course for 69 points over the season and a probable top 10 finish. A point a game will be ok for the first ten games, whilst the new team are settling in, before pushing on for the remainder of the season.