Ebou Adams

This was always going to happen after a loan that was so successful that I think we can safely say that it was one of the main reasons for us getting over the line and getting promoted.

Cardiff will look to get every penny they can, it is the risk with loans like this that have no requirement to buy (a deal that has it's own risks)

I'm glad in a way, that we are demonstrating that we have our price and wont be pushed up because of emotion, or demand or whatever. I really liked Adams, but we need to look at plan b, who knows, when Cardiff see us pursuing another and their prospect is either a loan to L1 or maybe see if Birmingham fancy meeting the asking price, they may cut their losses and come back to the table.

Let's get this right Ebou is a very important signing for this Club 

He is an international and his work rate alone is worth 500k 

Lets not pretend its ok if we don't sign him  we'd be very disappointed if we didn't get him , if the difference is 150k lets say i say just getit done 

we have earnt a bit of money from Kellymann  and Ebou is not a gamble we know exactly what we are getting    

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Worst situation for a player wanting to move but club holding out for more. Hopefully something gets agreed. Can deffo see us going in for the Celtic lad if this doesn't happen though, maybe as well as if it does.

I do think in that situation that sometimes the player has too help their own cause a bit.  Could he wave a signing on fee to get it done.  Depends how keen he is.   If he's not here, I suspect a League 1 side with promotion hopes would take him on loan for the season with a contract offer at the end. 

Adams doesn't really have the sort of personality that suggests it'll be a problem for Cardiff if he doesn't get a move, he's not going to down tools, miss training etc he'll just knuckle down and try to prove his worth to them. I wouldn't factor that into their decision-making at all tbh.

If we don't get Adams maybe we can actually try to get something out of the player we originally bought to play his role (Fornah) rather than writing him off.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

10 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Lets not pretend its ok if we don't sign him  we'd be very disappointed if we didn't get him , if the difference is 150k lets say i say just getit done 

we have earnt a bit of money from Kellymann  and Ebou is not a gamble we know exactly what we are getting    

I agree, which is why I think this gets done eventually but there will be a lot of back and forth between the clubs. There is a lot to be said for a player who fit in almost immediately and ultimately carried the team over the line. We obviously want Cardiff to value him at what he's worth to them, not us. Cardiff want us to value him at what he's worth to us, not them. I suspect there is a middle ground we both get to in due course. 

I'm not particularly worried about this not getting done. 

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

All of which is fine except we don’t actually know very much. We don’t actually know if Kellyman’s transfer gives us an unexpected bonus, how much and over what timescale; we don’t know how much Cardiff want or what our transfer budget is or whether or not they’ve suddenly changed the deal; we don’t know what our wage structure is and what other players we might be talking to and how much they or their clubs might want by wages and transfer/loan fees and how much flexibility we have left in the budget.
Ebou is a gamble, just like every other transfer is a gamble - he might turn out to be not quite good enough for the Championship, he might get injured in preseason, he might not fit in to our new midfield in the way he did last season.

If he joins us then great. If it falls through for whatever reason then so be it, we find someone else. 

5 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Adams doesn't really have the sort of personality that suggests it'll be a problem for Cardiff if he doesn't get a move, he's not going to down tools, miss training etc he'll just knuckle down and try to prove his worth to them. I wouldn't factor that into their decision-making at all tbh.

If we don't get Adams maybe we can actually try to get something out of the player we originally bought to play his role (Fornah) rather than writing him off.

Fornah is a very different player to Adams, which concerned me when Warne said that he was hoping Fornah could have the impact of Adams in terms of destructive CM. Fornah plays very similarly to Bird, for me.

I do like the upside of Fornah, I genuinely think there is a player in there once he demands a bigger presence on the pitch. If he will or not is another question, but just felt that he was harshly dealt with last season. At one point Nyambe and Fornah, along with Nelson, looked like our most promising signings. He just seemed to get less opportunities as the season went on which was compounded with a couple of mistakes that took him out the team. 

50 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

I think we need to get Fornah a move ASAP.  He has no ability to retain a ball under pressure and we'll be getting plenty of that.

I want this deal to happen but I want us to do smart business more, if the price is too high it's too high.

I don't want this to be like the summer we spent the entire time trying to sign Jason Shackell as if no other chapionship centre halfs existed and ended up paying burnley a big fee - I love Ebou Adams but we need someone to do the job he ws doing and if a different del for someone else who can do the job is tyhe smart move, we should do that.

But what price is too high?

If they want 500k and we’re not prepared to go that far, it’s awful from us.

If Warne believes he can add to us and he’s a Championship level player, then pay Championship level fees.

If Cardiff are wanting seven figures, I get it but if not, we’re wasting too much time on messing around over 200 or 300k.

This could drag. Think we need to get posting on this thread to see if we can get up towards the Thorne thread!! 

This is Derby under good ownership not mad mel who would just pay the asking price. Let’s play hard ball and stick to our guns, player wanting the move could help. Only way this doesn’t happen is if someone else pays the asking price.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Fornah is a very different player to Adams, which concerned me when Warne said that he was hoping Fornah could have the impact of Adams in terms of destructive CM. Fornah plays very similarly to Bird, for me.

I do like the upside of Fornah, I genuinely think there is a player in there once he demands a bigger presence on the pitch. If he will or not is another question, but just felt that he was harshly dealt with last season. At one point Nyambe and Fornah, along with Nelson, looked like our most promising signings. He just seemed to get less opportunities as the season went on which was compounded with a couple of mistakes that took him out the team. 

Also part of both the ‘thinks Fornah has the potential to come good’ club and the ‘my head nearly rolled off when Warne said he was bought initially to play the role Ebou played’ club. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Also part of both the ‘thinks Fornah has the potential to come good’ club and the ‘my head nearly rolled off when Warne said he was bought initially to play the role Ebou played’ club. 

I think he can come good personally but no denying it’ll be a big pre season for him or I imagine we will loan him out. 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think he can come good personally but no denying it’ll be a big pre season for him or I imagine we will loan him out. 

I agree. As I recall he had 3 games on the trot where he messed up and it affected his confidence and Warney dropped him. I think there's a player in there. He needs a good pre-season...hopefully him and Brown will be pushing for 1st team...