Where do you think we'll finish this season?

The results tonight are setting up an ideal scenario for us, well ideal would be that we're already promoted by now, but ideal in terms of enjoying the final day.

Goal difference in our favour, Peterborough and Bolton both to be 3 points behind us meaning they're both going to have to go for it on the off-chance something remarkable happens, but all we have to do is avoid a 4-0 defeat against Carlisle. Perfect.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The results tonight are setting up an ideal scenario for us, well ideal would be that we're already promoted by now, but ideal in terms of enjoying the final day.

Goal difference in our favour, Peterborough and Bolton both to be 3 points behind us meaning they're both going to have to go for it on the off-chance something remarkable happens, but all we have to do is avoid a 4-0 defeat against Carlisle. Perfect.

Although goal difference is in our favour atm, Peterborough are capable of a 5-0 or a 0-5.

That 3 goal victory on Saturday could be so important as it gives us the edge, but only the edge. For Bolton to catch us, we need to lose they need to win, minimum of a 2 goal swing, which only leaves a 2 goal buffer.

On 13/04/2024 at 22:26, TigerTedd said:

Getting in box more often. People often credit a lack of penalties with bad refs and any other excuse, but it normally tends to be the simple fact that if you get in the box more often, you get fouled in the box more often.

To be fair, we’ve scored more goals than anyone else. So we’ve probably got in the box often enough, we’ve just been more effective at tucking the chance away more often, rather than waiting to be fouled. 

You need to look at the League One table again, us and Pompey are the lowest goal scorers in the top 6 teams and when you consider Pompey have had a whopping 13 penalties including tonight's which having watched was another dodgy decision.

Oh no!! I’ve just considered the world’s most squeaky bum scenario. 

peterboro win their game in hand. Then Bolton and boro both win their next game and we lose to Cambridge  

then we’re all the same points going into the last game of the season. With them playing each other.

the twists and turns during 90 mins of that last day will be ridiculous. I’d still expect us to beat Carlisle, but still, there will probably be a moment before we take the lead when either boro or Bolton score, and we’ll be technically out of the autos for a moment. Can you imagine the gnashing of teeth in here during those moments!?

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

peterboro win their game in hand. Then Bolton and boro both win their next game and we lose to Cambridge  

then we’re all the same points going into the last game of the season. With them playing each other.

the twists and turns during 90 mins of that last day will be ridiculous. I’d still expect us to beat Carlisle, but still, there will probably be a moment before we take the lead when either boro or Bolton score, and we’ll be technically out of the autos for a moment. Can you imagine the gnashing of teeth in here during those moments!?

Bit  like last season ? If I remember it right

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Have you been drinking, even if we did lose to Cambridge, there's no way Paul Simpson would let his Carlisle side win at Pride Park.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

This evening - Derby 1/50, Bolton 14/1, Posh 25/1.

We’re really on our way…

The bookies know, time to believe and be confident, Bolton will be floored by tonight too.

Bolton have had a monumental drop off in form. Since February they have only won 6 in 17 games, picking up 26 points.

Over a season that isn’t even top 9 form.

Usually 2 points a game is the requirement for automatic promotion. Not this year.

Whoever goes up in the playoffs is finishing bottom of the Championship next season

46 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It would be exciting though! 

Bolton play Port Vale this Saturday. Its a must win for Vale or they're down. Hopefully the biggest club in Staffordshire will get the result they need to stay up. The chance of playing their noisy neighbours from across the dystopian wasteland next season will motivate them even more to stay up!

It would be rather nice to wave to the Stokies as we pass them coming down from an Utcheter perspective as well.

Bloody hell, could the stars align that much to see the gumps down, Leicester fck up and Derby slip effortlessly into the Championship?

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Bolton play Port Vale this Saturday. Its a must win for Vale or they're down. Hopefully the biggest club in Staffordshire will get the result they need to stay up. The chance of playing their noisy neighbours from across the dystopian wasteland next season will motivate them even more to stay up!

It would be rather nice to wave to the Stokies as we pass them coming down from an Utcheter perspective as well.

Bloody hell, could the stars align that much to see the gumps down, Leicester fck up and Derby slip effortlessly into the Championship?

Bolton at home again.

This one on their forum will probably be us on Saturday.  What we have every game.

feck me I hate league one
An hour of this lot rolling about now. football is dogshit.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

I hope it all works out for you fella - I know what it's like living amongst the heathens.

Sounds like Evatts thrown in the towel.  He has played here before hasn't he.

“Frustration is fine and natural tonight but we have to park that and get ready to win five football matches. I appreciate that there's going to be disappointment and frustration. There’ll be nobody more disappointed and frustrated than me.

“We have to re-group right now and get ready for five big games and carry momentum through, get this place rocking on Saturday and make sure we do the business.”

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

No way. But if they did align like this we would for sure be next season’s winners of the Championship East Midlands wooden spoon