Where do you think we'll finish this season?

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sounds like Evatts thrown in the towel.  He has played here before hasn't he.

“Frustration is fine and natural tonight but we have to park that and get ready to win five football matches. I appreciate that there's going to be disappointment and frustration. There’ll be nobody more disappointed and frustrated than me.

“We have to re-group right now and get ready for five big games and carry momentum through, get this place rocking on Saturday and make sure we do the business.”

Affectionately known as John Gregory's love-child by a fair few, if memory serves.

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

“Frustration is fine and natural tonight but we have to park that and get ready to win five football matches. I appreciate that there's going to be disappointment and frustration. There’ll be nobody more disappointed and frustrated than me.

“We have to re-group right now and get ready for five big games and carry momentum through, get this place rocking on Saturday and make sure we do the business.”

It’ll be a last-gasp attempt at mind games. He obviously won’t be telling his players that, they’ll still believe they can do it.

Really, the only way they get past us now is if we get so over-confident that it’s done, that we don’t go into games at our maximum effort.

It would be a disaster from us to throw it away from here, but I guess Evatt has to do anything he can to influence that.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

It’ll be a last-gasp attempt at mind games. He obviously won’t be telling his players that, they’ll still believe they can do it.

Really, the only way they get past us now is if we get so over-confident that it’s done, that we don’t go into games at our maximum effort.

It would be a disaster from us to throw it away from here, but I guess Evatt has to do anything he can to influence that.

Yes, he's been doing that all along, now he's writing off Cambridge and Carlisle to get reaction out of them and also making the Derby players think that they've just got to turn up, to get the points.

11 hours ago, Kernow said:

This evening - Derby 1/50, Bolton 14/1, Posh 25/1.

We’re really on our way…

I think that the Derby odds are the bookies being a bit over cautious, it would be interesting to see what our odds are for not making the autos. Remember, we probably need to win one game out of two and that's not a given in this league, as both Cambridge and Carlisle have got results against top teams this season.

8 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Yes, he's been doing that all along, now he's writing off Cambridge and Carlisle to get reaction out of them and also making the Derby players think that they've just got to turn up, to get the points.

It’s quite easy to see through, Bolton are a decent side but I really don’t think Evatt is that intelligent a manager to be honest.

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I cannot and will not believe that we could mess things up so badly that we won’t finish 2nd…. But I’m still really nervous! 

It’s the natural reaction to it all I think, a mix of excitement at the increased probability of succeeding, and nerves at the inevitable possibility of us messing it up. I’ve been optimistic all season, and am still a wreck internally about these last couple of games 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I think that the Derby odds are the bookies being a bit over cautious, it would be interesting to see what our odds are for not making the autos. Remember, we probably need to win one game out of two and that's not a given in this league, as both Cambridge and Carlisle have got results against top teams this season.

So did Leyton Orient. They won 3-0 at Fratton Park. Literally nothing is a given. 

16 minutes ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

Automatic promotion for us this Saturday.

Us getting a few goals against Cambridge. And I can see Vale getting a draw at Bolton.

COYR

Don't forget, we also need to better Peterborough's result as well to be absolutely certain on Saturday. They've got a big goal difference to make up (probably most of it over their next two games as I can't see either Bolton or Posh beating the other by more than a goal or two) but, you never know. We may need to keep the champagne on ice.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Can you imagine what some of our lot would say if Warne had made that speech with us still having a chance of promotion? 😄 

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just reverse psychology that. Trying to gee his players up for one final push and prove him wrong.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Don't forget, we also need to better Peterborough's result as well to be absolutely certain on Saturday. They've got a big goal difference to make up (probably most of it over their next two games as I can't see either Bolton or Posh beating the other by more than a goal or two) but, you never know. We may need to keep the champagne on ice.

I can see their last game against Bolton going for a draw at that will be their 3rd game in a week.

Either way the win against Cambridge  and its promotion because I cannot see relegated Carlisle putting up a fight in the final game with 30,000 plus screaming in their faces.

Edited by Charliegeorge1962

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Tempted to put a fiver on Bolton at 14/1 and a few quid on Posh at 25/1 to at least create a decent sized sorrow-drowning beer fund.

I have faith in the team and management to get the job done but, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking that we've had fewer dire, game-changing reffing decisions than last season and unwarranted red cards and pens can still bite (Case study: Sir Curtis @ Sheff Wed).

If I were PW, I'd be making loads of noises in the press this week that officials have to be absolutely certain of things before dishing out reds and pens at this stage of the season. I'd be happy fo a no pens and no reds pact for the last two games.

19 minutes ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

I can see their last game against Bolton going for a draw at that will be their 3rd game in a week.

Either way the win against Cambridge  and its promotion because I cannot see relegated Carlisle putting up a fight in the final game with 30,000 plus screaming in their faces.

I agree but I'm just saying, don't count your chickens. As has been mentioned previously, it's not that long again that we only needed a draw at home to lowly Reading (admittedly, a different proposition to playing Carlisle - I hope) to make the play offs but we ended up losing.

I'm also predicting a draw in that final game Posh v Bolton but who knows what will happen. One team may be resting players for the play offs whilst the other is going all guns blazing in order to overtake us. Look at last season. Barnsley, already in the play offs and 12 points ahead of Posh, end up losing 2:0 at home to them on the last day.