Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

25 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Only Portsmouth won in the top 5 today everyone else dropped points, which is massive when everyone has games in hand over us

There was another team in the top 5 who won.

Just got home from the pub. How much better is a Saturday night with 3 points. Love this club.

50 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

There was another team in the top 5 who won.

Just got home from the pub. How much better is a Saturday night with 3 points. Love this club.

I went to the pub to watch the second half of the rugby with another branch of the sheep shag army, they take it too literally round these parts however. 
What a great Saturday it’s been, nice reading back through some positive comments, love seeing us in the automatic places, had a great time sinking pints and eating a kebab….struggling to post while aiming for the phone in the middle of the 3 I can see….

Sheep Sh*g aaaaaarrrrmmmmyyyy!  

Another great away day out! Lots of good performances, as many have said thought Adams had a great debut, certainly not afraid to get stuck in! Am so glad Sonny had a solid game after all the stick he's been getting. And I think Max has left us in no doubt that he is certainly still up for the fight til the end of the season. But a special mention for Collins who covered every blade of grass today and just keeps on going, what a guy!

Met my friend at Greenwich station around 12pm to walk to pub.

Walking down the backstreets of Greenwich saw 4 blokes in Derby stuff and thought they had gone a bit over the top with the gear.

Realised they were staff as saw Max Bird walking behind them. Gave him a cmon cheer and got an acknowlegement.

Then spotted the rest of the Derby squad and got excited. Gave them another cmon and Cash flicked a smile. Legend.

Got to pub to meet the Charlton supporter partner of my friend. He had saw a coach round the corner and joked about it been the Derby boys making all the noise everywhere they go. We confirmed.

Had classic footy brekkie of Smoked Salmon, Eggs and Craft Beer. Charlton mate couldn't make match as he had to sort records for a dj set he had later on (true story). There are a few semi-famous music people going so fair play.

Ran to train, got to ground 1 min before kick off. Sat in Charlton fans, NML got injured and spent 5 mins changing his boots, hobbled on, won us the game, then hobbled off.

Walked to ale house about 20 mins away, chatting to some Derby boys whilst drinking Plum Porter and Biscoff Stout.

Went to Gurka place for Curry, legged it back to Marylebone and just made train.

Massive.

Everywhere we go.

2nd!!!!

Edited by ariotofmyown

This performance felt good. Not saying a second goal wouldn’t have been very welcome.

Brilliant by Bird and NML. 
fans awesome 

Ebou is to our midfield what Nyambe was to our defence.

Quite excited

shout out to Sibs Bradley and Ward 

if we can rotate/use the squad more we will/should sustain performances

using all 5 subs helped 

🤞NML

36 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It's a curious fact that over the last 5 matches, the top 5 teams have identical form, W3 D1 L 1, so no-one's made up any ground.

But we've not dropped any of those points v any of this group. 👍🏻

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Walking down the backstreets of Greenwich saw 4 blokes in Derby stuff and thought they had gone a bit over the top with the gear.

Realised they were staff as saw Max Bird walking behind them. Gave him a cmon cheer and got an acknowlegement.

Let’s hope none of them got random drugs tested today! ❄️ 

44 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Met my friend at Greenwich station around 12pm to walk to pub.

Then spotted the rest of the Derby squad and got excited. Gave them another cmon and Cash flicked a smile. Legend.

Got to pub to meet the Charlton supporter partner of my friend. He had saw a coach round the corner and joked about it been the Derby boys making all the noise everywhere they go. We confirmed.

Had classic footy brekkie of Smoked Salmon, Eggs and Craft Beer. Charlton mate couldn't make match as he had to sort records for a dj set he had later on (true story). There are a few semi-famous music people going so fair play.

Ran to train, got to ground 1 min before kick off. Sat in Charlton fans, NML got injured and spent 5 mins changing his boots, hobbled on, won us the game, then hobbled off.

Walked to ale house about 20 mins away, chatting to some Derby boys whilst drinking Plum Porter and Biscoff Stout.

Went to Gurka place for Curry, legged it back to Marylebone and just made train.

Massive.

Everywhere we go.

2nd!!!!

Can tell I’m getting old… the thing that piqued my internet was Biscoff stout! Rating out of ten? 

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Was late getting home, so was well into second half before catching up on here.  This and the beeb match updates.

Seen nothing.  Heard nothing.

From the comments on here:
It seems to have been an ugly win.  I'll not complain about that.
Max played to the max, it seems... and I'll happily add a slice of humble pie to my supper later, on that topic.  Well done, and thanks, Max!  🐏

I'd much rather have the points in the bag, than rely on the ifs, buts and maybes that adhere themselves to games in hand.  Let others do the hoping and praying on that score.  We're now the team they have to catch, and that makes a nice welcome change.

I hope those 3 magnificent points keeps @jono moist for the entirety of his birthday evening.

EDIT:

Just seen the vid of the goal... I'll take two slices, Max.  Beautiful through ball that!  👍

Second though... eh?  🐏🍻

Happy days and thanks @Mucker1884 very “moist” thank you .. brill birthday 2 lots of mates and a cracking pub dinner at Belper Lane End and 3 points. What more could one ask for.

My Burnley supporting mate found this for me and bought it on “t internet” which makes fun reading 

all’s good with the world. Sounds like Adams gave us a gooddebit and looks like a proper Ram. 3 points, good company and TB1 taking off with no reply (even if it was slightly delayed by “circumstances” ) grinning all over from ear to ear. 😎🍻

IMG_1637.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

But we've not dropped any of those points v any of this group. 👍🏻

And somebody has dropped something … because we are now in the automatics … got to fight to stay there, but they’ve got to fight to move us 

UTR … this feels good. New signings performing, damaged players recovering.. we can do this 

16 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Can tell I’m getting old… the thing that piqued my internet was Biscoff stout! Rating out of ten? 

Very nice. Solid 7. 

Under 5 quid too. In Greenwich.

Edited by ariotofmyown

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

If your implication is that Warne thinks Vickers is better … I think Warne deserves more credit 

No, my implication is that this is a squad game and a member of said squad has come in and has not done anything to lose his place. 

Wilson was on the bench today, is he being punished?

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, my implication is that this is a squad game and a member of said squad has come in and has not done anything to lose his place. 

Wilson was on the bench today, is he being punished?

According to another poster,  Wildsmith has indicated he wants to leave. That seems pretty plausible because imo there is no footballing reason to prefer V    

Seen a few state that it was 3 points but a hard watch , not really how I saw it , I enjoyed it , hard fought win away against an out of form team who actually have some decent players who can hurt you ,it swung about with both teams having periods of looking on top and a piece of quality won it , the fans sounded fantastic on rtv ,

rinse and repeat , simple fact is we just need to go out and get as many wins as we can , that’s warnes job and he is doing pretty decent at it ,

max bird was beating his hand on the badge and was as good as I’ve seen him ( wasn’t sure how loan back would pan out ) , perhaps though knowing/feeling it was time for a new challenge he did it in a way that helped the club also ,,, as people have stated ,why not wait till season end and maximise his choices and money scenario, he has signed with a new club but brought in much needed money to derby and stayed on loan to obviously ( clear from yesterday) give his all to leave this club promoted and in a better place , perhaps the club wanted/ needed him to move now if not signing on for another contract , he has my support for the rest of the season for which he is very much one of us and my best wishes for the rest of his career 

coyr 

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

According to another poster,  Wildsmith has indicated he wants to leave. That seems pretty plausible because imo there is no footballing reason to prefer V    

Which would also explain the unconfirmed reports that Ruddy was in the building on deadline day, maybe a move was on the cards