Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

1 hour ago, jcidaho said:

Did anyone get their tickets in the post? Have bought 4, assuming I can collect from their ticket office?

Printed tickets can't be in two places at once.  They're either waiting for you at the ground, or they are "In the post".

I suspect the latter, unless you made a specific request for the former, but probably best to check with our ticket office... preferably about 3 days ago!  😲

#lifeontheedge
#lastminute.com
#timetopanic
#etc

Big game.

Couple of really scabby performances and then a window where expectations have not been met - and so feelings are lower than you'd expect looking at the table.

A limp display,  no attacking intent and other results go against us, and the anti-Warne sentiments will be back at full pitch. With another rash of threads blaming him for everything from the pies to the traffic.

A decent game,  3 points, good news on Washington, Niambe back, Bird not dodging tackles,and the new signings doing well... and we could be back on the edge of automatic and on a high.

Reality as always is less polarised, but I do think it will feel that important with the way things are.

Wildsmith

Niambe Nelson Cash Sibs

Adams

Hourihane Thompson

CBT NML

Collins 

With Bird,  Fornah, Wilson and Barks there are plenty of options on the bench.

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Printed tickets can't be in two places at once.  They're either waiting for you at the ground, or they are "In the post".

I suspect the latter, unless you made a specific request for the former, but probably best to check with our ticket office... preferably about 3 days ago!  😲

#lifeontheedge
#lastminute.com
#timetopanic
#etc

They can, but they’d be Schrodringer’s tickets not yours. 

42 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

So disappointed in you @Caerphilly Ram 

Potato? In a pie?

Psychopath.

38 minutes ago, Carnero said:

a) yes

b) I think I'd go Elder if fully fit

c) sick bazturd !

I didn’t say it was my favourite, was just posing a question 🥧 

I’m a steak and ale man for clarity…. But at the match I have been known to eat a non-specific “meat” and potato pie, I live life on the edge 😊 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

We're only kidding mate!

You should know by now that even the most innocent / valid points will get idiots like me taking the piss! 😂

I took it in good humour, it’s Saturday, it’s match day, the rest of the season continues from today…

Plus it’s egg chasing season round these parts and I have to cope being an Englishman trapped in South Wales so any little joys I can find are much appreciated 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I took it in good humour, it’s Saturday, it’s match day, the rest of the season continues from today…

Plus it’s egg chasing season round these parts and I have to cope being an Englishman trapped in South Wales so any little joys I can find are much appreciated 

I tipped France last night...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I didn’t say it was my favourite, was just posing a question 🥧 

I’m a steak and ale man for clarity…. But at the match I have been known to eat a non-specific “meat” and potato pie, I live life on the edge 😊 

I’m not sure I like the sound of “non-specific meat”! You know where you are with mechanically-seperated bovine anus!

9 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

I’m not sure I like the sound of “non-specific meat”! You know where you are with mechanically-seperated bovine anus!

Where’s your sense of adventure?!

(I genuinely belly laughed when I read that, thank you for the chuckle)

Anyway, I’ll stop clogging the matchday thread with pie chat. I’m hoping the transfer window being closed and some certainty around the squad and individual futures will see a more positive and coherent performance today. Rams win inbound 🐏 

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Anyway, I’ll stop clogging the matchday thread with pie chat.

Not sure. Pie related prognostications trump a fair amount of the chat on here these days. 

How do you feel about pasties, for instance and have you ever had to scrap for the last balti? These are the burning issues I think we all really want to address.

Tough game ahead I think. Hopeful of a good result, more than confident after the recent dip in performance and energy levels. With Charlton having recruited heavily during this window and playing in their own back yard, I doubt they'll be a pushover.

Ryan Nyambe returns and not before time. I hope he's fit as it was suggested he may have had a niggle. I'm hoping those reports prove untrue. I'm hoping to see CBT start and put in a strong performance. He looks a good signing and a player who could develop further yet, but will he be given time if he doesn't land running?

Also really interested to see how we set up today. Very divided forum these days, but I think most agree that we needed to bolster midfield and in Ebou Adams we seem to have a man tailor made for the job. Will he start? If so, will he screen the back 4 or be the legs slightly higher up the field?

Perhaps the most contentious question, will Max be trusted by the gaffer to put a performance in? I'd assume yes, otherwise why the loan back, but the deluge of criticism may have changed that landscape with a few fans openly threatening to give Max a bit of grief. It's a shame as a midfield 3 of Max, Thommo and Ebou might prove pretty tasty.

And will a weary looking Hourihane be rested, or will PW stick to his guns? So many questions and a lot of moving parts. Who'd be an owner / manager?