Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

11 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

East midlands rail affected by strikes on saturday, curious how are folk going to be getting there?

Plenty of rail is running, so drive part of the way, park and then rail in is what we are doing.

If he wants to go with a 3 ATB, i think we'd look better with a 3-4-3, rather than the 3-5-1-1 he's been deploying (just personal opinions),

Would look something like:

Wildsmith (or Vickers)
Nelson - Bradley - Cashin
Wilson - Bird (or Hourihane) - Thompson (or Fornah) - Sibley
NML - Collins - CBT

Think this could look very good...

Charlton have been in horrible form of late, but if they do hire a new manager before the weekend and get a new manager bounce then they have enough quality to cause us problems. 

No win in 13 games in all competitions, now with Ladapo and May upfront and possibly a former Premier League manager coming in (albeit a bad one) I suspect this is where they end their winless run. 

3-1 Charlton. 

2 hours ago, Gladram said:

Thameslink from Bedford run straight into London Bridge. Easiest station to reach from M1 is Flitwick

My missus fancied checking out a new four poster from Flitwick Beds, until I pointed out there's a very good reason for having a comma between Flitwick, Beds!  

#daft mare!  
(She spotted it on the side of a van, and made assumptions) 🙄

Edited by Mucker1884

6 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

East midlands rail affected by strikes on saturday, curious how are folk going to be getting there?

We drive to Stanmore, just South West of Watford, then take the tube from there, and I don’t think that the tubes are affected by the strikes.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Charlton have been in horrible form of late, but if they do hire a new manager before the weekend and get a new manager bounce then they have enough quality to cause us problems. 

No win in 13 games in all competitions, now with Ladapo and May upfront and possibly a former Premier League manager coming in (albeit a bad one) I suspect this is where they end their winless run. 

3-1 Charlton. 

Wrong thread 😊

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

We drive to Stanmore, just South West of Watford, then take the tube from there, and I don’t think that the tubes are affected by the strikes.

No they aren’t, Charlton isn’t on the underground though.

13 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

No they aren’t, Charlton isn’t on the underground though.

No, but you can get within walking distance ad I’ve done the trip 3 times, a d been to Millwall from there as well. Although Millwall was a one-off, I can assure you!

On 30/01/2024 at 15:46, Ambitious said:

we had to deal with Burton and Fleetwood’s new manager bounces too… we never seem to get teams who are at the nadir of their bad run