Derby v Cheltenham Town - Match Day Thread

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It was closer to a 4231 with Tommo furthest forward

He was a little further forward. A pressing 10 rather than a creative 10. A job Knight used to do at times.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sounds like we're going to be missing a few tomorrow from Warnes interview.

One definitely out.

Two having fitness tests

Could be very thin on the ground, definitely missing;

Waghorn

Washington

Rooney

Forsyth

Nyambe

Smith(?)

John-Jules

Plus one more mystery guest for sure and potentially 2 others. 10 players missing if those two fail their fitness tests 😳

A tiny bit of insight into what kind ofthreat Cheltenham pose.... Only 4 of their current squad members have scored for them in the league this season. Only one of those has more than 2 goals. Their most likely front 2 to start have scored just 4 goals between them.

In other areas of play... The ball will be in the air a lot as they're won of the most aerially diminant sides in the league, and they'll press quickly to force mistakes.

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Could be very thin on the ground, definitely missing;

Waghorn

Washington

Rooney

Forsyth

Nyambe

Smith(?)

John-Jules

Plus one more mystery guest for sure and potentially 2 others. 10 players missing if those two fail their fitness tests 😳

Yeah that's a lot. Won't me much options off the bench that's for sure.

Hopefully by Charlton away next weekend we'll have Nyambe back and a striker in at least 

This will be a tough game. Clarke has done an unbelievable job there so far. We should not be turning up expecting us to batter them 5-0, fans should get behind the lads. I really can’t believe the negativity, can understand the frustration and anger at the performance on Tuesday but we’ve had one defeat and 1 draw at home since October and we’ve won many. If Cheltenham do come out fast and press us it gives us the chance to potentially put the game to bed in the first 20 mins but I think Darrell Clarke will be cute he’ll have a plan to try and stop our ball players. 

Think NML and CBT will start and think we could cause them havoc. Cheltenham will make it tough but we’ll have enough to do the job. 

Just sitting having coffee then getting ready to set out on the treck to pp , this is set up to be one tough game and anyone thinking we should easily beat these then comming on here giving it the same old slating of the manager and players is barking mad in my opinion, we are prem league status club in many respects but we ARE a topish of league one club with league one players and riddled with injuries from the squad that has got us within touching distance of going top , I wish it wernt so and the mel era hadn’t happened but it has and we are where we are ,

I for one am gonna just turn up and get behind derby as I always do and hope for a win with the team producing what’s needed to bring us 3 points in the pressure situation that today is ,

come on derby ducking get into them , 3 points and I don’t give a shxt how you get them

im no b4 but the spelling is similar 😂

Edited by Archied

There are only 2 teams between Cheltenham and bottom of the league . Many of our fans think we have players good enough for the top end of the Championship. So let’s go out and prove it by giving them a tonking . Peterborough are likely to drop points at Lincoln , so an improvement on our goal difference could be crucial also .

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

There are only 2 teams between Cheltenham and bottom of the league . Many of our fans think we have players good enough for the top end of the Championship. So let’s go out and prove it by giving them a tonking . Peterborough are likely to drop points at Lincoln , so an improvement on our goal difference could be crucial also .

If we're going on recent form (last 10 games) they're more of a mid-table side... might not be as easy a game as some will think (but yes, still a game we should be winning)!