Derby v Cheltenham Town - Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, sage said:

That post makes no sense.

You are asking how fans would cope which suggests a scenario that they are in charge, yet you just list things that are person in charge could change.

That makes both of our posts then 

3 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Just back home. Well that was a match with lots too talk about. Awful first half, got worse when they scored. Was considering taking up pottery classes on saturday afternoons at that point. Very good substitutions, and the whole outlook of the team changed. Tommo needs to start more often, his energy and biting at opposition's heels are much needed in this division. CBT showed a few good touches, but needs to settle in.

Despite the poor performance, we scraped out a win, which is how to get promoted!

I wish the moaners and boo boys would shut up, and just get behind the team. Booing at the half time whistle, not helping anybody. I've never booed a Derby team in nearly 50 years, and wont be starting now, particularly when we are 1 point off second place, and 3 points off the top. Some people need to get a grip!

Agree about the booing, never have, but can understand the frustration 😊

3 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Just back home. Well that was a match with lots too talk about. Awful first half, got worse when they scored. Was considering taking up pottery classes on saturday afternoons at that point. Very good substitutions, and the whole outlook of the team changed. Tommo needs to start more often, his energy and biting at opposition's heels are much needed in this division. CBT showed a few good touches, but needs to settle in.

Despite the poor performance, we scraped out a win, which is how to get promoted!

I wish the moaners and boo boys would shut up, and just get behind the team. Booing at the half time whistle, not helping anybody. I've never booed a Derby team in nearly 50 years, and wont be starting now, particularly when we are 1 point off second place, and 3 points off the top. Some people need to get a grip!

So first half was so awful you were considering doing other things rather than the football, but you wish the boo boys would shut up. You yourself acknowledge how dreadfully we played, so you should understand why fans are concerned and unhappy with our performances. Winning purely from better players is a bad sign.

2 hours ago, strawhillram said:

He talks about players being brave, but he isn’t himself. Only plays one way and scared to change

That’s a true view, if we have fast wide players why not leave them on either flank when the opponent has a corner? 

20 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

He thinks he comes across as funny and quirky. He doesnt. Sibs quite pleased today probs then will hear that. 

I have the opposite view on this,he does come across as honest,funny and quirky to me and I actually thought he sounded impressed with Sibley aside from the peno and he didn't criticise that in any case,just admitted that it was one (fair enough,it was!)

He also praised him for being the only player to be making forward runs.

I personally thought sibs did well,he tracked back well and made some vital tackles and at least he always has a go,going forwards.

The game itself was absolutely dreadful in the first half,we were slow,dull and looked frightened to death.

The changes for the second half were positive and we looked a different team,if not one that was in my mould of a great derby side.

It was effective however and all of a sudden we were on the front foot with Cheltenham not really getting a look in from then on.

Birds goal was superb but eclipsed by collos' effort which was outstanding....if he stayed in the box more often,this might be something we would see with more regularity.

Three points off top,joint third place as it stands and we aren't even playing well yet....if we can finally click going forwards,you never know,the autos may actually be on.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Not had chance to catch up on here since I left for the game about 14:10, but I have just checked to see that we are still 4th, still 1 point of auto, 3 points of ftop, and of course, we won!  Yeah! 🐏

We are absolutely on fire, and Mr Warne once again got his tactics spot on, so I fully expect this thread to be a jolly good wheeze!

Right... here goes... wish me luck, I'm going in...

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I have the opposite view on this,he does come across as honest,funny and quirky to me and I actually thought he sounded impressed with Sibley aside from the peno and he didn't criticise that in any case,just admitted that it was one.

He also praised him for being the only player to be making forward runs.

I personally thought sibs did well,he tracked back well and made some vital tackles and at least he always has a go,going forwards.

The game itself was absolutely dreadful in the first half,we were slow,dull and looked frightened to death.

The changes for the second half were positive and we looked a different team,if not one that was in my mould of a great derby side.

It was effective however and all of a sudden we were on the front door with Cheltenham not really getting a look in.

Birds goal was superb but eclipsed by collos' effort which was outstanding....if he stayed in the box more often,this might be something we would see with more regularity.

Three points off top,joint third place as it stands and we aren't even playing well yet....if we can finally click going forwards,you never know,the autos may actually be on.

So see how easy it is to get the wrong end of the stick, why say it (but of course Sibs gets the 'joke')? What penno btw, missed seeing that.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Taking a blooming long time, this "click"......

Will it come whilst some of the forward line are pre-retiirement?

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Well that was cack other than our goals which were excellent.

The tactical plan B worked very well though, so have to give some credit for that. Probably stick with that formation until the first choice full backs are back and play ONLY ONE of Hairyhands or Bird.

I think that was plan C.

Wasn't plan B to play absolute bobbins in the cups so we wouldn't get fixture congestion and all our players would be daisy-fresh, not looking jaded at all, ever.....

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Warne simply has to address the midfield. It's a glaring issue that until late in the game today he has simply refused to address 

That’s the big problem for him though isn’t it - if we put three in there which is needed in this league (most leagues) then you can’t have all these wide players and false wing backs we have collected 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That’s the big problem for him though isn’t it - if we put three in there which is needed in this league (most leagues) then you can’t have all these wide players and false wing backs we have collected 

Thompson, Bird, Fornah, NML, Collins, CBT. Works absolutely fine and would solve so many issues. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not at all.

I'm just thinking of all the forum members on here who clearly aren't happy and the long haul for them to the end of the season and beyond complaining about things that are not very likely to change for them. 

It is difficult to be that positive despite the league position. The run of form has been brilliant but it feels like it’s built on sand. 

There’s the saying ‘title winners know how to win when things aren’t going their way’. This is fine if it’s the minority of games where this is happening but it feels far more often than not that we win in spite of our performances. 

What changes? What can change? We’re pretty much staying as is until summer.