Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

That performance has probably been coming. Collins and NML are running on empty and we can only try the same things over and over.

My feeling is we are desperate for a Plan B, thst small change in shape and personnel when needed. Problem is Warne has a lot of what we’d consider to be decent players, but very few he can rely on.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Just a thoroughly poor performance really. More points dropped, another good opportunity wasted. I will say yet again, the midfield balance is *still* not right. It's a massive issue. Our inability to control games just invites opponents on to us. 

Yep, get that midfield right and things will look a lot better. Pretty sure we need to revert to three in there away from home!

Just feels like we just don't want it, very poor tonight, no doubt there will be loads moaning at Warne but didn't see anything like enough desire or quality on the pitch to tell me this bunch are good enough for play offs let alone top 2, how can it change so much?? Desperate for Nyambe to be back, Wilson a shadow of a player when playing fullback, Cashin has put his 3 worst performances in since Forsyth has been out and OMG how bad were Bird and especially Hourihane tonight!

God, it's so disappointing,  I was really expecting a reaction to Saturday's lacklustre performance especially with the opportunity to go top.... but that was worse

They out-scrapped us. In all parts of the pitch. Plus we didn't have a single shot on target. Conceeding one goal in two away games is acceptable, but scoring zero is not. Think that is us done for the autos. Still in it for the playoffs.

Edited by Sheff Ram

Not been this angry at watching Derby since Stevenage 

Why are we always so mentally weak? 

Where was the passion? We didn't trouble  them at all, won’t have an easier win all season, 

Its like it was a Sunday league performance, no fight no effort just really struggle to see us getting anywhere near the top 2.

Think we are 2 midfielders short still and another striker 

Terrible performance. They've stopped doing the very basics, too many unforced errors and misplaced passes.

Why do they keep banging the ball to Cashin in such tight situations? He's a good passer for a CB but he's not Xavi or Pirlo, he's gonna trip over himself at some point.

Sad to see JJ going off injured too, I feel bad for him. Maybe we should keep Brown for now, and it makes another striker all the more important.

On the plus side, Elder was very good.

Also, we are still only 3 points off top with another 18 to play. And we'll definitely beat Cheltenham, right? Right??

Can't single out only Warne for a performance like that. The players could not do the basics or even run at times. I am no Warne fan and would not mind if we got someone else in but except Thompson and Elder not one single player did even ok tonight. What has happened to Sibley? Ward? NML? How can we perform so so badly on an individual basis? Remarkable.

I’m not sure I want Warne to have any more funds to spend 

We don’t control games and our midfield is slow and laboured  but it’s also because we don’t out to control games 

I don’t think we will go up this season if I’m honest we should cash in on bird if anyone wants him and use it to give another manager a chance to rebuild our midfield 

Thommo was good tonight yet brought off 

I am not convinced one bit that we are better keeping Warne because tonight was piss poor 

note to Elder though who was our best player tonight 

get control in a 3 man midfield then play 433 with NML and CBT and Collins or another option striker because that tonight was hard to watch