Wildsmith

If its true, then I'm annoyed. Not from the refusal to sign, no as discussed elsewhere with so many unknowns in respect to where we are next season cultivating options work both ways. What annoys me is the whole soundbite over the last week or so about moving here and enjoying his football more than ever now he has consistency in his first team appearances (more than Weds).

Sure I'm aware of hyperbole, badge kissing and all that, I may be a numpty but not a total numpty; but it just seems jarringly disingenuous if he had already decided that he is about to leave. 

Could be that Warne/Clowes has put a hold on future contract negotiations and Wildsmith isnt particularly pleased and wants to secure his club for next season now. Agent spreads this after a well publicised save that has raised his stock, let's face it this story wouldnt be out a few days after hes ran 16 yards to demolish a winger going nowhere and concede a penalty in a 1-0 defeat.

Could be nothing. Could be Nixon stirring the pot, whenever Derby do anything stories emerge. SMc to Newcastle, Lampard to Chelsea, even talk of Rooney to (sniggers) but he still fielded questions about the Manure and Everton jobs. 

Let's see what comes to pass

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I wish people would stop this snide picking on Diane Abbott. She made a gaff when she was suffering a diabetic blood-sugar problem which does mess with your thinking processes - one ,mistake - and the world has had its teeth into her ever since, going on for how many years? Think of the colossal number of gaffes from Bonzo Dog Johnson, let alone his blatant lies, yet no-one keeps taking him to task for much more serious "gaffes". The same is true for most of his many cabinet members who kept making mistakes, who continue to get away scot-free. Abbott may dress a bit oddly, but there is no excuse for continuing to do her down for one incident caused by by a health problem.

Priti Patel...

https://metro.co.uk/video/priti-patel-300-034-974-000-tests-carried-out-2149924/

10 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

After his brilliant performance on Saturday- The Sun newspaper is reporting that Wildsmith has turned down the chance to play for DCFC next season . Championship clubs are reportedly after him . Leeds ? Bristol city ? How come the likes of Bird and Wildsmith are turning down contracts with us ? Sibley next ? 

It may be as simple as: he won’t sign until he knows we’re in the championship. 

it may be he’s just decided he won’t play for Warne. 

Personally I think he’d be a good reserve keeper for a middling PL side and perhaps he’s had an offer that he’s sitting on (which triples his salary). I’d guess he reckons he’s been underpaid by a mile since he joined us and maybe we’re not now willing to offer a salary that reflects his quality

It did my head in when he was on the bench but unless you know exactly what that was all about it’s hard to comment further 

Hope he’s not another who’ll be added to the very long  ‘sorry to see him go’ list

Whether Joe Wildsmith stays or not he will be remembered fondly. He's done his best for us, made some incredible saves and has been such an important part of our recovery.

If we go up and we offer him a contract it will have to be summatt special to make him go. 

If Warne wants him he'll stay. There's no bigger club in the Championship so unless he gets offered silly money he'll want to see how far Derby can go.

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Personally I think he’d be a good reserve keeper for a middling PL side and perhaps he’s had an offer that he’s sitting on (which triples his salary). I’d guess he reckons he’s been underpaid by a mile since he joined us and maybe we’re not now willing to offer a salary that reflects his quality

It did my head in when he was on the bench but unless you know exactly what that was all about it’s hard to comment further 

Hope he’s not another who’ll be added to the very long  ‘sorry to see him go’ list

Do I detect a hint of negativity towards Paul Warne here? Not like you, or is it?

19 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wildsmith for a mid-table Prem team ? Like Chelsea ? Or even Palace , who have two England international goalies. I’m sure he would like a bit of £40 k a week , but would have to learn how to play out from the back first. If he can do better than £10k a week , it will probably be for a Parachute team with £40 mill a year burning a hole in their pockets .

On 20/03/2024 at 10:08, jimtastic56 said:

After his brilliant performance on Saturday- The Sun "news"paper is "reporting" that Wildsmith has turned down the chance to play for DCFC next season .

Makes a change from hacking missing children's phones.

On 20/03/2024 at 14:29, Carl Sagan said:

Agree. I'd like to keep Joe, but his rushes of blood leading to two penalties have been odd. I feel his overall confidence and command helps the defence, meaning I'm extremely happy he's regained the shirt. And his game management when we've needed it has been excellent. But if he does want to leave he's not irreplaceable. 

We got him for next to nothing, as was the same for Ryan Allsop who I thought a better keeper. It's a position where there is always another one along if you need. 

Totally agree with that. If Wildsmith doesn't want to be at DCFC then it's best for all that he leaves. He's a decent shot stopper but his game is far from flawless. Finding a replacement shouldn't be too difficult. 

On 20/03/2024 at 18:22, DavesaRam said:

I wish people would stop this snide picking on Diane Abbott. She made a gaff when she was suffering a diabetic blood-sugar problem which does mess with your thinking processes - one ,mistake - and the world has had its teeth into her ever since, going on for how many years? Think of the colossal number of gaffes from Bonzo Dog Johnson, let alone his blatant lies, yet no-one keeps taking him to task for much more serious "gaffes". The same is true for most of his many cabinet members who kept making mistakes, who continue to get away scot-free. Abbott may dress a bit oddly, but there is no excuse for continuing to do her down for one incident caused by by a health problem.

I know her brother very slightly. He's been known to express the opinion that she's a sandwich short of the full picnic too.

Edited by MaltRam
Remove swearing

2 hours ago, europia said:

Totally agree with that. If Wildsmith doesn't want to be at DCFC then it's best for all that he leaves. He's a decent shot stopper but his game is far from flawless. Finding a replacement shouldn't be too difficult. 

Agree.  He is here on a two year deal.  At the end of the two year, he and DCFC have no obligation to one another. 

I hope he carries on until the end of the season, and decisions from both parties will clearly be made.  It will hardly be on a level with Brian Clough leaving.  More, that's a shame...anyway, who are we replacing him with?...

Edited by CBX1985

11 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

What can go wrong? She gets murdered by a far right extremist inspired by continual racist memes?

Should politicians get involved with sport? I know Sir Kier is a Massive Arsenal fan but he has told Nike to sort the England badge. When the Govt takes control of  football , fans will be all over any signs of bias.

As others have said, the original piece was in the "I wouldn't use that rag to wipe me 'arris" and has since been cut & paste by a myriad of clickbait non-news sites. I'll believe it when I read it on dcfc.co.uk and not before.

9 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Agree.  He is here on a two year deal.  At the end of the two year, he and DCFC have no obligation to one another. 

I hope he carries on until the end of the season, and decisions from both parties will clearly be made.  It will hardly be on a level with Brian Clough leaving.  More, that's a shame...anyway, who are we replacing him with?...

… and if he has a promotion on his CV it’s good for both parties.

On 20/03/2024 at 23:58, uttoxram75 said:

Whether Joe Wildsmith stays or not he will be remembered fondly. He's done his best for us, made some incredible saves and has been such an important part of our recovery.

If we go up and we offer him a contract it will have to be summatt special to make him go. 

If Warne wants him he'll stay. There's no bigger club in the Championship so unless he gets offered silly money he'll want to see how far Derby can go.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2/plus//galerie/0?jahr=2024&ausrichtung=Torwart&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=23-30&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Wildsmith is coming in for criticism after  the Cobblers game . His distribution the main cause . But is he under orders from the manager? I hope he doesn’t become a “Scapegoat” because he is leaving . Especially after his match winning performance V Bolton.

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wildsmith is coming in for criticism after  the Cobblers game . His distribution the main cause . But is he under orders from the manager? I hope he doesn’t become a “Scapegoat” because he is leaving . Especially after his match winning performance V Bolton.

👏 His distribution was better than recently. But he's not going to play the ball along the back four with any speed, Bradley isn't able to do much at pace. And just like our 'measured' throw-ins, we take our time. No good in pointing out what the opposition do when we do the same time-wasting.