Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

There’s no point worrying about other results. Each week will throw up some twists and turns. We can only focus on ourselves.

To me, that is a good point from an awkward game. We have to remember every away day coming up will have that tension in the air - teams are going to want to come out and catch us cold and derail our promotion charge. Reading away will be another tricky game to navigate too.

However, let’s remember it’s 16 points from a possible 18 in our last six away games. Personally I’ll take that all day long.

On the whole, there is plenty to be positive about. CBT to sign and run riot v Cheltenham next week.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I watched Southampton destroy Swansea today. Obviously the finances are totally different but they are an absolute joy to watch. A bit like the Posh team I saw at our place. I would love to see us play that way.

You’re right, the finances are totally different. We’d all like to watch flowing football but I’ll settle for where we are given where we’ve been recently.

It is quite funny how some expect us to win every single game. If we miss out on autos, it'll be from games like Posh and Portsmouth at home, where we lost ground in nearly the last kick of the game.

We have 3 points this week, getting 7 points from those 3 would be a good return and keep us on track for a number that should hopefully be enough for the top 2. We'll just need to beat Reading and Cheltenham, which we're more than capable of doing.

An away game, A point, A clean sheet and one of our rivals loses...not a bad day is it...is it?

I've said as other posters have...we have more gears to go through...but have we, PWs post match interview was asked something akin to this...have derby more gears to go through, PWs answer...I don't know, Perhaps this is 5th gear we're in🤷‍♂️

A new face  or faces to come in...we hope and we go again at Reading.

9 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Did we make sure we took something from the game, or did Lincoln do that for us?

Yeah, we did. Vickers made a couple of solid saves and Nelson and Cashin made sure that the Lincoln players didn't get an easy tap in.

Look upon it as another team's cup final that we've spoiled even though the team weren't at their best.

Played ok in parts without creating loads, our corners were horrible though. Taylor gave cash a tough time, looked decent.

think a draw about fair, game showed why we need options. Hopefully Blackett-Taylor helps with that. Still fancy another striker on loan too. 

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It is quite funny how some expect us to win every single game. If we miss out on autos, it'll be from games like Posh and Portsmouth at home, where we lost ground in nearly the last kick of the game.

We have 3 points this week, getting 7 points from those 3 would be a good return and keep us on track for a number that should hopefully be enough for the top 2. We'll just need to beat Reading and Cheltenham, which we're more than capable of doing.

We are more then capable of beating Lincoln. But we didn’t.

We are more than capable, or ay least capableish of top two. But will we?

Edited by DavesaRam

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Disappointing performance really. No lack of effort but too many off their game. 
Just need to dust themselves down and go again on Tuesday.

Definitely need at least one midfielder in the window. 
If Hourihane had gone any deeper he’d have got the bends.

You'd have thought it was 3 CBs with two wingbacks in Wilson and Elder? Thought we wouldn't notice. 😄 

They seemed to notice that ball out wide to 'wingback' or 'wideman' was the only way we play. What was TJJ doing out wide when we needed a goal? What was the point in all those awful corners aimed into the 6 yard box? Meh. Two decent crosses in the whole game, one by Sibs to Nelso and the other by NML that TJJ didn't quite get to. 

Barks was one wideman too many.

What in Derby County's recent history suggests that we're going to batter every team we play, play them off the park, score 10 goals, give no chances away, make no mistakes, have 100%, 100% successful passes, 100% successful tackles?  Very little I would think.  Of course there are going to be bad performances, of course we're going to have games we don't win, of course there are games where will will get beaten and beaten badly. We aren't particularly good. The reasons for that are plentiful and, even if you think we might be doing better with a different manager (we might), I can still guarantee you that we ain't going to win every game. So rather than having a flap, just take a breath, shrug your shoulders and reflect on the fact that we're still in a good position, having only lost once in 13 (is it - or something like that) and that sometimes you are just going to have boring 0-0 draws and move on. 

Or have a massive moan if that makes you feel better (but it doesn't change the result so why get your blood pressure up?).

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Sometimes you get rewarded despite being crap, sometimes you don't. It doesn't alter the fact it was crap.

I don't even agree it was crap - just hard game where we were well below our best.

We weren't sharp at all today. Leggy and uninspired. I'm not sure we really deserved a point, but we've lost and drawn games we should have won on balance, so I'll take the smooth with the rough. It's another point in the coffers and there's still a long, long way to go.

A general thought would be that we do need to look at the midfield. I don't think (and our league position seems to confirm) that it's really the huge problem that some make out, but when we are giving up the ball easily, which we did today, it's too often our undoing. Honestly, if we can just shore up the middle of the park a little, I think we'll be fine.

Interesting last 10 days or so of the window coming up. Freshen up the lads, get one or two more in and we go again, this time to the line. 

COYR

Just now, DavesaRam said:

We are more then capable of beating Lincoln. But we didn’t.

We are more than capable, or ay least capsbleish of top two. But will we?

We are more than capable of beating pretty much every team in this league but no team would ever win every single game. It's about reacting to results that haven't gone completely your way, and we have the chance to do so pretty quickly.

I think this side has shown quite a strong mentality and we have done well in bouncing back from set-backs already this year. Points deduction or not, Reading have been a bottom-4 side all season so I back us to grab the chance to put things right at the first opportunity.

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that every other side in this league will draw and lose again before the end of the season, so we can make those 2 points up again no problem.

Points on the board when you're not playing your best is never a bad thing. My only worry about today would be I thought a few players looked exhausted and we'll need them sharp for Reading, NML and Wilson in particular. Getting Blackett-Taylor through the door in time would help massively.