Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

I think the back 5 picks itself, the only player I can see maybe needing a rest would be Forsyth? Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin and Wildsmith should all play, potentially Elder coming in to give Forsyth a rest….BUT Foz’s such a good pro I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start. 
It’s the midfield and wide players I think are more likely to be rotated as that’s where we have options. Fornah, Thompson, Sibley and Ward could all come in to do a job….the real question is will they? Warne talks about using the squad and freshening things up, but he hasn’t tended to do so unless necessary. Will he break up the side that did well on Saturday, or just back them to go again after a couple of light days training?

Collins will start, there’s not really anyone else with TJJ seemingly having his minutes carefully managed still…could we see a curve ball like Weston or Brown called up? Probably not. 
Provided they’ve not trained intensely over these couple of days I wouldn’t be against seeing the same 4-4-2 from Tuesday, would just like to see the subs used to rest players once we’ve romped into a 3-0 lead 👀 

I have a horrible feeling that this could be another Stevenage.

I am expecting a really tough game and it will be a job well done to get a point and keep momentum rolling.

However if we win it would be a massive statement of intent and I think it would be the first time in the past 18 months in League One that you could reasonably argue we look like a credible automatic promotion contender.

Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, trappatoni said:

Like most I think we need a forward.   Zero point in a young loan given Osula, JJ and even Dobbin's contributions (without getting into whether they deserved more of a chance).   No idea who is available.

I can't believe we'd even think about selling NML yet some stories circulating sound as if it's more a question of who he goes to.  Makes me wonder if his agent  is angling for a pay day ?   Of course he has his price but he has to be worth more to us than any of the rumoured clubs would want to pay.   

But if his contract is up in the summer do we know if he's interested in signing an extension? If not, would we try to cash in? Difficult choices maybe.....

On 27/12/2023 at 14:10, B4’s Sister said:

I’ve spent mine on crutches after falling down the stairs on the Friday before Christmas

I've just arrived home from the BRI after slipping over just after the Wigan game and needing minor surgey. No crutches but a leg brace. Hopefully back in time for a win against Oxford.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

League table since Oxford appointed their current manager on November 16th:

Screenshot_20231228_234227_Chrome.thumb.jpg.098b198a339fd96a00833829c481af9b.jpg

I think you're trying to cheer us up GOC, but their home record is 2 wins and a draw, scoring 5 and conceding 1. But, they haven't played Derby yet.

7 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I've just arrived home from the BRI after slipping over just after the Wigan game and needing minor surgey. No crutches but a leg brace. Hopefully back in time for a win against Oxford.

Get well soon. Hopefully you feel better after watching us win today!

I'd be happy for Elder to be given more game time, but I'm not sure today is the right time. We've got Burton and Cheltenham at home in January - I'd be more inclined to rest Fozzy then if needed. I think Warne should be thinking short term of the next two games and picking the strongest side for each one. It'll be interesting to see what happens in terms of subs tonight if it's a close game.

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I have a horrible feeling that this could be another Stevenage.

I am expecting a really tough game and it will be a job well done to get a point and keep momentum rolling.

However if we win it would be a massive statement of intent and I think it would be the first time in the past 18 months in League One that you could reasonably argue we look like a credible automatic promotion contender.

Fingers crossed.

This is pretty much my view too. Very tough game and a point would be a good result for us, deffo...

Likewise, 4 points from the next two games would be good. Also, ironically, for me two draws would be better than a win at Oxford and a loss to Posh.

Edited by Sheff Ram

16 hours ago, hales300k said:

Feels like we can open teams up now with the creativity and goals of Mendez Lang , and Worldstar Wilson could nutmeg a mermaid , Come On You Santa loving Rams !

If we can do to Oxford and Peterborough what we did to Barnsley then I’m right with you. Until then, whilst delighted and encouraged by our current run of results, I’m not getting too carried away. COYR

13 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Sorry to hear that. Get better soon and keep doing the exercises! 

This was a game I had down to actually attend, but alas I'm having to help as mother in law is in Southampton general today for a small heart procedure and I have to mind the infirm and generally unwell father in law.

So it's a stiff port to put him to sleep this evening and RamsTV for me........

Is tonight's game a 'do or die game' for JJ?

We have to make a decision on him and his fitness, he's never played anywhere near a full league game for us. How can we take a risk on his fitness for the rest of the season? Surely, we need to give him some proper game time tonight, unless a decision to return him has already been made.

13 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Is tonight's game a 'do or die game' for JJ?

We have to make a decision on him and his fitness, he's never played anywhere near a full league game for us. How can we take a risk on his fitness for the rest of the season? Surely, we need to give him some proper game time tonight, unless a decision to return him has already been made.

Was hoping would have played a bit more in the last month. Coming on out wide not really telling us much either!

did think wigan was an ideal chance to give him half hour, manage Collins minutes too. Perhaps suggests warne sees him as a level below Collins?