Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

It's not the end of the world.

We shouldn't over react.

There was always the chance of rum performance somewhere down the line.

But on the other hand I <redacted due to concerns over poor taste> and their chairman and <redacted due to concerns over poor taste> with <redacted> if not <redacted> until nothing reamains but dust.

29 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Hoping the Jan Window will see an end to Warne’s fascination with Hourihane and Collins. No leadership from them, and performances are mediocre at least. One good game in five isn’tt good enough especially when Bird plays well below his talent with too many lacklustre performances.. Warne has to be brave and start dropping the big name non-performers.

Sadly the Jan window is more likely to see the departure of Bird and Cashin and the reinvestment of the funds in ultra runners. If there were points for pretty kicking of a football whilst under no pressure, Hourihane’s place would be assured. For my money he’s not a starter and hasn’t been all season.  If there’s an option to drop him in January I’d exercise it 

4 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

And happy to see that you keep lying in wait for those who don’t agree with you. Guess some people have nothing better to do…

Nothing to do with not agreeing with me.

Today was really poor, however, its a draw at the end of a run of 5 wins and people like you just couldn't wait to crawl out of the woodwork. 

14 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

@Gee SCREAMER !! maybe this guy needs specs too ??

Oh youll need to find a pair for former professional footballer shaun barker off rams tv too fyi 

I wear specs and hearing aids. The latter are useful too - I can switch them off and don't have to listen to the whining drivel from certain quarters.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Having an opinion doesn't make you wrong does it.

8 of us here have just watched the penalty decision, 2 think it was and 6 think it wasn't. 

IMO the camera angle made it impossible for me at least to see the amount of contact.  Ref was much closer than me

I'm more angry with the ineffective performance than the penalty to be honest. 

Wycombe are dross, a poor team in a poor division and we couldn't find a way to get ourselves into a position that put us out of reach of a sucker punch like that.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

41 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Hoping the Jan Window will see an end to Warne’s fascination with Hourihane and Collins. No leadership from them, and performances are mediocre at least. One good game in five isn’tt good enough especially when Bird plays well below his talent with too many lacklustre performances.. Warne has to be brave and start dropping the big name non-performers.

Come on, we’ve just won 6 on the spin scoring 13 and conceding 1, other than perhaps a tactical premonition which I think we all agree he’s not likely to have, what reason would Warne have for changing a winning team? He only has Collins and TJJ as fit strikers and apparently TJJ is still building his fitness and having his minutes managed. 
It was a bad game, but we didn’t lose, and now it’s onto the next one. 

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

A point isn’t the end of the world. We were bound to come unstuck at some point.

It would have been nice to go into the Christmas fixtures on a long winning run, but we know this group of players have a ceiling and consistency is an issue and high performance levels are difficult to maintain.

What’s important is we bounce back in midweek and win v Lincoln to keep momentum and confidence flowing.

To me, a game like today underlines our limitations. We are good enough for top six but drop too many points to be front runners.

Pompey deserve credit for their consistency, they are on for mid to high 90s points.

But they probably are also gleeing at the fact that Derby, Barnsley, Bolton and Posh (the four you’d expect to challenge) are all dropping points regularly.

A few comments before I go back in time to 2pm, for a catch up of this thread...

I've never seen so many gaps in the upper tier of the south stand at 15:01 on a Saturday league game.  Voting with their feet against safe standing?  Just a general malaise due to the oppo?  (I heard 25k+ attendance later?  That's hardly record low!)

That ref was nowhere near as bad as the crowd made out.  A lot of that 5h1t was of our own doing.

After 20 mins, I bet my house on at least one red card for us before the end.  Shows what I know.

It was a clear penalty.  Lost points were due to a lack of killer instinct and footballing nous.  Nobody to blame but ourselves.

I may have a new screensaver for my office monitor...

IMG_2987.thumb.jpeg.f52f61a37d922b39448a57999f765a89.jpeg

Edited by Mucker1884

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

IMO the camera angle made it impossible for me at least to see the amount of contact.  Ref was much closer than me

Exactly, and she got most things wrong all afternoon. 

Wanted to make the game all about herself.

She's perfect for the Premier League.

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are kidding right? We actually passed the ball about in the first half. What we got in the second half was more aimless balls high into the box and 5 at the back! 😄

We were much better in the second half. Much better with fornah and Barkhuizen,  and Fozzy had a really really poor game (has age caught up with him finally)?). And Hourihane is a passenger and increasingly error prone under pressure. 
As you suggest the problem in the 2nd half was the foolish notion that crossing well into an empty box is the way forward