Derby vs Leyton Orient

B4’s Sister

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Looks like GBH to be. Absolutely disgusting. Even if he and Collins had been tussling all game, there is no justification for such an assault.

Off the pitch, an assault like that would warrant police action. I think that it deserves a ban of longer than 3 games, as Collins is lucky that he escaped a serious facial injury. He was cms from a broken jaw, cheekbone, nose or teeth.

7 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I do hope that @Owen87ITK regrets the ‘it’s two on 0’ bit of his otherwise excellent (as usual) commentary during Bark’s goal. It’s a 2 on 1 Owen, 2 on 1. 

Pedantic mode on here 😉, I'd say...they're clear on goal as there's no defender, So it's two on 0, But then a Cob in Derby is a Bap, Barm cake, Bead roll or Bun in ilkley 😁 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

That is a typical Warne comment. When will he comment again on Sibs being the best finisher in the squad?! I love Birdy to bits (although he had an ordinary day yesterday. Maybe due to where he was asked to play?), but the likelihood of him scoring is the same odds as Smith scoring. Smith who Warne also lauds for his attacking abilities! 😄

Will Sibs stay when being so appreciated, I don't think so. 😞 

That is a typical @RoyMac5 comment. Ignoring the positive things PW was saying about Sibley and cherry picking (and then misinterpreting IMO) one comment part of which was clearly a tad tongue in cheek. I’ve just listened to the interview and he said “I’m glad he scored otherwise he would have been in deep….. as he could have put Birdy in”.

Note he said could not should and. Had he not scored, I’m sure we would all have been screaming “why didn’t he pass to Bird?” We didn’t scream it because Sibley did score but we all know PW likes to try and add a bit of humour to his interviews. We’ll never know but I reckon  Sibley will realise that as well and will not be thinking “FFS, I score and he’s still not happy”.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

2 on 0 is correct.

If there had been one defender he'd have said its 2 on 1... so he consciously differentiated.

Its a bit like the 'debate' when you score after 4mins 30seconds..its the fifth minute.

Anyhow...the debate on here has definitely got a bit less heated since 6 games ago 🤣

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

If there had been one defender he'd have said its 2 on 1... so he consciously differentiated.

Its a bit like the 'debate' when you score after 4mins 30seconds..its the fifth minute.

Anyhow...the debate on here has definitely got a bit less heated since 6 games ago 🤣

Now we have to debate over if there’s more people who were “always pro Warne” going on a victory lap than there are people who were “always anti Warne” still picking faults. 

FWIW, I’m pragmatic. Call a spade a spade. Wins are rarely faultless, and defeats are rarely devoid of a positive or two somewhere. 

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Surely, at least one of them saw "something" or the card wouldn't have been given? Had none seen it, nothing would have been given.

Barks and OB on #RamsTV saw an overhead view and that, they said, showed a definite elbow and that red card was justified.

I was responding to someone who said we were lucky with the sending off or something along them lines.

I was saying it would have been mightily unlucky had he not been sent off given it was such a blatant elbow.

22 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Pedantic mode on here 😉, I'd say...they're clear on goal as there's no defender, So it's two on 0, But then a Cob in Derby is a Bap, Barm cake, Bead roll or Bun in ilkley 😁 

To continue the pedantic mode, at the moment he made the comment there was a defender between NML and the goal, the goalie, so it was 2 on 1. At the moment Barks shot it was 1 on 0 aka an open goal.

We do have bread rolls though, it’s true. And a Bettys that sells them. 😘

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

I'm not saying we played well and that we are the next Brazil,  but saying a score line flatters us just doesn't make sense to me.

If they don't score it's down to either poor finishing or our players doing their job and keeping them out. So we win 3-0 because we deserve to.

You couldn't be more wrong. All a scoreline tells you is 1.the minimum number of big moments each side had 2.the probabilities for each side deserving to win (or a draw being fair).

39 minutes ago, Srg said:

Now we have to debate over if there’s more people who were “always pro Warne” going on a victory lap than there are people who were “always anti Warne” still picking faults. 

FWIW, I’m pragmatic. Call a spade a spade. Wins are rarely faultless, and defeats are rarely devoid of a positive or two somewhere. 

I think 'pro-Warne' is a misnomer. I think most who have remained supportive, did so because they felt another change in manager was setting the club up for another yet more time wasted on the merry-go-round and also that the team's form was not so awful that he warranted sacking anyway. I think very few have blindly followed Warne, but rather have simply stuck with him and it's nice to see some return for their patience, with the lads performing better and the forum less fighty. Steady improvement and some consistency obviously makes it a deal easier to retain faith than it has been for much of the first half of the season, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone doing victory laps, to be fair, which is to their credit after some of the nonsense we've seen levelled at them. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

That is a typical @RoyMac5 comment. Ignoring the positive things PW was saying about Sibley and cherry picking (and then misinterpreting IMO) one comment part of which was clearly a tad tongue in cheek. I’ve just listened to the interview and he said “I’m glad he scored otherwise he would have been in deep….. as he could have put Birdy in”.

Note he said could not should and. Had he not scored, I’m sure we would all have been screaming “why didn’t he pass to Bird?” We didn’t scream it because Sibley did score but we all know PW likes to try and add a bit of humour to his interviews. We’ll never know but I reckon  Sibley will realise that as well and will not be thinking “FFS, I score and he’s still not happy”.

🤣

Clearly tongue in cheek? I believe when Warne turned up Barker said how he thought Warne wasn't funny. 

Edited by RoyMac5

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

They're completely different players so comparing goal output is an irrelevant distraction. Both lads are highly talented, they just do different things. 

Cheers for that. I'll remember to consult you before I offer an opinion in future.  

Edited by Blondest Goat

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

🤣

Clearly tongue in cheek? I believe when Warne turned up Barker said how he thought Warne wasn't funny. 

Yes. IMO.

Barker doesn’t think he’s funny and neither do many of us I suspect (myself included) a lot of the time but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t trying to make a bit of joke.

He also said Barks scored a screamer when clearly he didn’t. Generally speaking, my default opinion (although not always the case) is that PW is making a bad attempt at making a bit of a joke. Your’s seems to be to try and spot any small comment and to interpret it in such a way that you can criticise him (even after we’ve just won 3:0 and won our last five games). I guess we’ll have to leave it to others to determine which of is most accurate.

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes. IMO.

Barker doesn’t think he’s funny and neither do many of us I suspect (myself included) a lot of the time but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t trying to make a bit of joke.

He also said Barks scored a screamer when clearly he didn’t. Generally speaking, my default opinion (although not always the case) is that PW is making a bad attempt at making a bit of a joke. Your’s seems to be to try and spot any small comment and to interpret it in such a way that you can criticise him (even after we’ve just won 3:0 and won our last five games). I guess we’ll have to leave it to others to determine which of is most accurate.

My opinion is that if there's a doubt over the joke don't do it. Plus Sibs hasn't been a regular, why not just give him a bit of a boost and leave it at that? It takes away from the praise and is un-necessary. 

I criticise him because I don't rate things he does, that is one instance. I haven't bothered recently because all that comes back is personal comments. If you think Warne is a joker fair enough. But suggesting my motives isn't at all pertinent, but is a cheap shot. 👍

In the end it's the players that will be the one's to interpret what Warne says means.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My opinion is that if there's a doubt over the joke don't do it. Plus Sibs hasn't been a regular, why not just give him a bit of a boost and leave it at that? It takes away from the praise and is un-necessary. 

I criticise him because I don't rate things he does, that is one instance. I haven't bothered recently because all that comes back is personal comments. If you think Warne is a joker fair enough. But suggesting my motives isn't at all pertinent, but is a cheap shot. 👍

In the end it's the players that will be the one's to interpret what Warne says means.

Doesnt really matter if you doubt the joke or not, it’s what the players think of it. Evidence at the moment is that they’re together and they must have a good relationship. Not much else to it. You’re entitled to think it’s rubbish, and he’s entitled to not care in the slightest.