Glass half full!

Paultheram

Sorry if this post has already appeared on here but I just want everyone’s thoughts on our league form!

My personal view is that we are just around the play offs and with a good win on Saturday we could be in the play offs with a gap forming to the teams behind!

Players back from injuries, International break to give players a rest.

John Jules could be a secret weapon!

Are we happy with play offs this season or we think autos should be the aim?

4 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

Sorry if this post has already appeared on here but I just want everyone’s thoughts on our league form!

My personal view is that we are just around the play offs and with a good win on Saturday we could be in the play offs with a gap forming to the teams behind!

Yes, I'd "be happy" with play offs... but Autos should always be "the aim", until it is no longer attainable.  🐏

Not sure why you are muddling a fact up with a personal view - we are indeed level on points with a team in the playoffs places so most definitely are around the playoffs. 

You need to reference the other threads to gain a picture of which posters don't find it acceptable that we aren't challenging for the playoffs which is their want, the balanced view is that finishing in a playoff place at the end of the season would be ok but to finish lower than this most definitely wouldn't be.....

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure why you are muddling a fact up with a personal view - we are indeed level on points with a team in the playoffs places so most definitely are around the playoffs. 

You need to reference the other threads to gain a picture of which posters don't find it acceptable that we aren't challenging for the playoffs which is their want, the balanced view is that finishing in a playoff place at the end of the season would be ok but to finish lower than this most definitely wouldn't be.....

Important to note that while we're level on points with a top six side, we've still spent exactly zero days in the top six so far this season. Let's hope we improve on that soon.

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

Important to note that while we're level on points with a top six side, we've still spent exactly zero days in the top six so far this season. Let's hope we improve on that soon.

One day in the top 6 would do for me, provided it's the day after the 46 game season has ended.

13 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Top 6 and playoffs would be progress on last season. Then it's a bit of a lottery. Would love the top 2 but that's gonna need one helluva run.

And yet, if we flop in the playoffs and end up back in this godforsaken division next season is that progress?

For all the constant disagreements about Warne, I'd say there's a decent chance  that ;

Top 2 is great.  He will get the beginning of another season to prove he can flourish in the Championship 

Top 6 and up via the play offs.  Same as above but with even less time to prove history isn't going to repeat itself.

Top 6 and failure to go up. Depending how unlucky and plucky we are, he may possibly get another shot but the knives will be out pretty much all the time and possibly be toxic.

Outside the play offs and he will go.

Outside the play offs early on - he will be replaced before the season ends. 

I'm usually happy clappy, so, yes, glass half full. I can see the team becoming somewhat effective if not particually lovable and being in the play offs.

I've not completely got off the hedge on the "yeah, Warne will be fine, don't panic" side but I'm not close to leaping onto the "he must be removed and placed on trial for crimes against football - his brand of effort, cross it, more effort must never be allowed to darken the pride park pitch ever again" side either.

6 hours ago, Paultheram said:

Bit optimistic about JJ he has played no more than a few minutes in over a year. 

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

...as have all the other teams who have been in the top six this season. They've managed it, why can't we?

Seriously would it please you if after next Saturday's game we find ourselves in the Top 6 but then we finish the season outside of it?

It's the table at the end of the season that's crucial.....

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Also known as over a third of the season

I didn't realise promotion was guaranteed after a third of the league season has been played, you and 3 other forum members it seems are also firm in this belief 😅

Edited by Tyler Durden

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seriously would it please you if after next Saturday's game we find ourselves in the Top 6 but then we finish the season outside of it?

It's the table at the end of the season that's crucial.....

No, as per my comment above, we need to finish top six minimum. Not sure why I came across like I'd be happy to not finish in the top six. I'm just pointing out we've not been in there all season. Which I'm not happy about.

Hope that clears it up.

10 hours ago, Paultheram said:

A weapon is only as powerful as the one who wields it.