Glass half full!

Paultheram

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I didn't realise promotion was guaranteed after a third of the league season has been played, you and 3 other forum members it seems are also firm in this belief 😅

I think you and Roy should b locked in a room together, one of you as got to be wrong at some point, surely?😉🤦‍♀️

8 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

No, as per my comment above, we need to finish top six minimum. Not sure why I came across like I'd be happy to not finish in the top six. I'm just pointing out we've not been in there all season. Which I'm not happy about.

Hope that clears it up.

I didn't understand the relevance of the comment that we've not been in the Top 6 yet with only 16 games played?

Am sure that Oxford fans for example will take great solace in the fact that if they fall out of the Top 2 at the end of the season but they were in the top 2 places for the majority of the season? It counts for nothing. 

But yes I agree that us not finishing in the top 6 at the end of the season won't be acceptable.

The glass half full in me says we have just had our best league result under Warne against a top 6 team and we could go to Wembley twice this season. If Wildsmith has to keep lumping it into the box for the rest of the season - so be it. Anything to get out of this god forsaken league. But next season will be a different “kettle of fish”.

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The glass half full in me says we have just had our best league result under Warne against a top 6 team and we could go to Wembley twice this season. If Wildsmith has to keep lumping it into the box for the rest of the season - so be it. Anything to get out of this god forsaken league. But next season will be a different “kettle of fish”.

That is of course the possibility that most Rams fans (including Clowes?) are clinging to. #glasshalffull It's just there's been very little to suggest it'll continue! #glasshalfempty 😄

#COYR 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

And then were well-beaten at home by Crewe with a pretty much full strength team 🤔

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I didn't realise promotion was guaranteed after a third of the league season has been played, you and 3 other forum members it seems are also firm in this belief 😅

Yeah, because it's obviously a metric for performance as during the season. Of course it's ultimately about where we finish, but it's clearly a useful barometer which can be used to appraise performances up to now. 

If we're where we are come January 1st then PW will have money to spend in the transfer window, If he fails to get us in the play offs then he's failed miserably, If he gets us in the play offs and we fail that might just give DC a little headache, If we win the play offs all well and good, If we go up in 1st or 2nd place all the Warne outers will be eating humble pie.

As glass half full...PW still has a long way to go to prove he can be a success at DCFC, The inconsistency is very puzzling...imo

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Missing the point entirely as usual. Nothing is decided at this point, but it’s a pretty decent sample size for how the team is performing compared with expectations.

We were favourites for the league title. We currently find ourselves 7th, 9 points off the top. That isn’t good enough, and shows Paul Warne is doing a poor job as manager. 16 games is enough to judge that this job is too big for him and sack him. In not doing so, Clowes is making almost as big a mistake as appointing him in the first place.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Which, coincidentally, is also known as a point of the season where nothing has been decided, ever, in the history of football.

Ah, so we have to give Paul Warne the entire season then, irrespective of how we’re performing at any midway point? Righto. I’m sure all football owners agree with you, and no manager has ever been sacked for poor performance mid season.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Missing the point entirely as usual. Nothing is decided at this point, but it’s a pretty decent sample size for how the team is performing compared with expectations.

We were favourites for the league title with the bookmakers We currently find ourselves 7th, 9 points off the top. That isn’t good enough for me but I will apply this as a generalisation to the rest of the fanbase and shows Paul Warne is doing a poor job as manager no it merely shows that you think he's doing a poor job 16 games is enough to judge that this job is too big for him and sack him. In not doing so, Clowes is making almost as big a mistake as appointing him in the first place which is now not even a thinly veiled criticism of the club owner too