Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

3 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

TIME FOR WARNE BINGOOOOO

we played well 

on another night we would be through 

Just was not our night 

signs of play encouraged me 

I don't really know what I'm doing 

I got lucky Saturday

We were beasting them

Sonny Bradley is great in bed 

12 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

I know it’s not enough, but was really poor in both. Warne is under pressure. He can’t keep playing sibley and hoping for the best.

Heard someone Saturday say they don’t think sibley ever had two good games in a row. He’s obviously talented but is a few managers now that are struggling to find how to play him. Is not all on warne.

Notts County - 90 mins played (mostly on the wings), 2 goals

Shrewsbury - 90 mins played (RW)

Exeter - 71 mins (AM)

Stevenage - 45 mins (AM), 1 assist

Northampton - not used

Crewe - 11 mins (AM), 1 assist

Barnsley - 5 mins (CF)

Crewe - 59 mins (RW), 1 assist

That's 2 goals and 3 assists in just 371 minutes over the past 5 weeks.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

TIME FOR WARNE BINGOOOOO

we played well 

on another night we would be through 

Just was not our night 

signs of play encouraged me 

I was thinking the same. I know he shouldn't be throwing the players under the bus but (admittedly only based on the result and the comments on this forum), how can he seriously say anything other than he got the tactics/set up wrong and the players didn't play well enough?

So frustrating after Saturday when it was the opposite. Tactics were right and everyone played well.

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

I pretty much agree with you, but think we have to look at sibley a bit as well. Has had a lot of chances over last few years now. Very rarely takes them. 

his best run so far has been at left back.

Actually he has got either 2 or 3 assists in that time and has done loads of off-the-ball work as well. 

But somehow Hourihane can keep doing his Clint Eastwood impressions and keeps on getting picked. Justify his continuous team selections, because I don’t get it at all.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No I wouldn't.

Weston was crying out for minutes on Saturday. I wouldn't have started him, but at 3 nil it would have made more sense bringing Weston on than Sonny Bradley.

Weston had scored the previous game, his confidence was high. We had the opportunity to build on that but we didn't. The game tonight was in need of someone to step up and show what they could do. I fear all we have done there is waste the feel good factor for Weston. Poor management.