B4 - for ever a Ram 🐏

angieram

11 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

My take on B4 as a poster, He is NEVER WRONG, If we pointed out his mistakes he'd come back with an answer, Not the right answer but an answer, We'd correct him, But No...he aint having it still more answers, It got to the stage where me/some would just give in, His enthusiasm was infectious, His positivity was overpowering, His loyalty was honourable, He never got upset with posters...he is one of a kind.

Scraves, Flanges, The food down his shirts, The pain in his foot, Losing his job at the Cinema...he just kept going, Even someone like me felt an affection for him...God bless him 😉

I have to put you right about the cinema. He didn’t lose his job but he had to go back to work despite having problems with his foot. Unfortunately, someone hacked his Facebook and changed his job details from Usher to former Usher. We think it may have been someone he knew for this reason. This really upset him as he was worried about his job at the time. It is partly the reason his posting on here slowed down as he had become worried about people accessing his accounts. I didnt find out about this until after he died. Some people can be very cruel. 

Dan might not have been everyone’s cup of tea, none of us are, but he was harmless. He just didn’t understand some boundaries or points of views as most of us would. Several people have messaged me to acknowledge they weren’t always as patient or polite as they could have been. There are no hard feelings about that all. There’s a difference between impatience or pulling someone up when needed, than purposely being cruel to someone. 

Edited by B4’s Sister

6 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

Today is very tough 💔

It will be.

I still haven't stopped crying myself.

Oh the emotion. I was convinced we were going to lose the football club.

B4 himself struggled with that and not being able to go to matches because of COVID.

Ying and Yang - things will get better and they have - thanks to Clowes rescuing the club and, now, we've been promoted back into the championship as B4 knew would happen.

It's just bitter sweet though because B4 wasn't there in person to see it. 

Someone said on here they're not much for the afterlife, me neither, but B4 lives on in all of us. All those in this community were touched, helped in my own case, by B4's positivity and love of the Rams.

I really miss him. 

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

I'd like to think that his legacy will be "Be More B4". It's a lovely sentiment, befitting the guy. Kudos to the member who came up with it, and we all know that the internet can be a horrible place - but B4 was just 'nice'.

Me too eddie ,, the graphic for the tribute on the score board on Saturday would make a fantastic tee shirt , for sale in the rams shop , even with the proceeds to the derby county charities and community work around the area , I would buy one for me and the family

B4 April 2023…….

Well calling all derby fans to get really really really behind the lads we need get behind the lads lets have wall of noise and have sea of black and white let's have scafs flags and balloons let's cheer lads on.

get behind the lads

wall of noise

sea of black and white  

scafs flags balloons

cheer lads on

……………...I think we did you proud Saturday Dan. 👍

IMG_1453.thumb.jpeg.2972700a5ac3d12cc26b9ef22388349e.jpeg

12 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

Dan might not have been everyone’s cup of tea, none of us are, but he was harmless. He just didn’t understand some boundaries or points of views as most of us would. Several people have messaged me to acknowledge they weren’t always as patient or polite as they could have been. There are no hard feelings about that all. There’s a difference between impatience or pulling someone up when needed, than purposely being cruel to someone. 

I hope it will bring a smile to your face that Dan found a place on here where he was understood , loved and defended to the hilt , it always made my smile and made me proud when perhaps a newish member or one who hadn’t had much interaction with him might get in a bit of a spat and so many of us would jump to his defence , yes we could disagree the odd time over an opinion but going over the top with Dan was not tolerated, im sure there are many ( myself included ) who learnt so so much from Dan or at the very least reminded us of things we already know but at times can forget 

Edited by Archied

19 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

There was no intention to be anything other than nice/respectful... or at least helpful.
The ONLY way (in my opinion) to find out who he is/was... from a topic knowledge starting point of zero... was to read the whole thread, to get a true feel for just how special he was.

Perhaps my use of the word "ignorant" didn't come across as intended... "adjective  1.  lacking knowledge or awareness".

That was clearly the case, in this instance, otherwise the question wouldn't have been posted in the first place.

I repeat, I was merely trying to be helpful.  Apologies if I used the wrong word(s) and/or offended anyone.  I'm no wordsmith admittedly.  🍻

Wasn’t having a go at you Mucker. It was meant in jest 

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Me too eddie ,, the graphic for the tribute on the score board on Saturday would make a fantastic tee shirt , for sale in the rams shop , even with the proceeds to the derby county charities and community work around the area , I would buy one for me and the family

Don't be tight.  At least get one each!  😉👀

2 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

B4 April 2023…….

Well calling all derby fans to get really really really behind the lads we need get behind the lads lets have wall of noise and have sea of black and white let's have scafs flags and balloons let's cheer lads on.

get behind the lads

wall of noise

sea of black and white  

scafs flags balloons

cheer lads on

……………...I think we did you proud Saturday Dan. 👍

IMG_1453.thumb.jpeg.2972700a5ac3d12cc26b9ef22388349e.jpeg

That's close to me.
Were you the guy taking pics with your phone?  I think I saw you!  😉

IMG_3232.thumb.JPEG.02cbb37fb99d422b30b5eeb553596e61.JPEG

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's close to me.
Were you the guy taking pics with your phone?  I think I saw you!  😉

IMG_3232.thumb.JPEG.02cbb37fb99d422b30b5eeb553596e61.JPEG

Might have been……..I was right at the end of the row U (it’s an age thing), was you the bloke with the jesters hat carrying  a tray of chips smothered in tomato ketchup? 👍🏁

7 hours ago, Archied said:

I hadn’t thought about that. It would make great tshirt. @Lander is the printing expert on here 

Edited by B4’s Sister

15 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

I hadn’t thought about that. It would make great tshirt. @Lander is the printing expert on here 

I'm more than happy to design it based on the picture, and print it. Perhaps we could have a think about which charity is best for this, decide on a price to sell them for and go from there. All I'd ask is that the cost of the raw materials and postage is covered, or we can sort collection, but the majority can go to charity.

35 minutes ago, Lander said:

I'm more than happy to design it based on the picture, and print it. Perhaps we could have a think about which charity is best for this, decide on a price to sell them for and go from there. All I'd ask is that the cost of the raw materials and postage is covered, or we can sort collection, but the majority can go to charity.

This is amazing! @Lander you an absolute star. I think the Derby County Community Trust would definitely be the best charity. @Archied you’re not just a pretty face, coming up with this idea 

30 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

This is amazing! @Lander you an absolute star. I think the Derby County Community Trust would definitely be the best charity. @Archied you’re not just a pretty face, coming up with this idea 

Yes , with the derby county community trust as the benefactor it might be poss the club shop may stock and sell them if the quality is good ,, the graphic is already spot on , a copy of the graphic that appeared on the scoreboard , even those that don’t know about B4 could look at it and think it’s a cool t shirt , learn about B4 through wondering what the slogan means and donate to derby county good causes with a purchase,,, might catch on and do some good for others 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Might have been……..I was right at the end of the row U (it’s an age thing), was you the bloke with the jesters hat carrying  a tray of chips smothered in tomato ketchup? 👍🏁

Good God No!

I wouldn't be seen dead wearing a hat at the footy!  Especially a silly one!  

I didn't want to start a new thread but we lost another special fan last night. For those who know of Colin Attenborough, or remember a few months ago a message Paul Warne did for him (link below), he passed away peacefully in his sleep last night. I knew Colin by playing Poker with him - a great guy - passionate about the team - and I'm happy he was able to be with us until the promotion was secured. 

RIP Colin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0hf96pq

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

I didn't want to start a new thread but we lost another special fan last night. For those who know of Colin Attenborough, or remember a few months ago a message Paul Warne did for him (link below), he passed away peacefully in his sleep last night. I knew Colin by playing Poker with him - a great guy - passionate about the team - and I'm happy he was able to be with us until the promotion was secured. 

RIP Colin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0hf96pq

BBC article: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-68928755