B4 - for ever a Ram 🐏

angieram

3 hours ago, Magicman said:

Kind of you to be so respectful.

51 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

Play nicely @Mucker1884 🤭

There was no intention to be anything other than nice/respectful... or at least helpful.
The ONLY way (in my opinion) to find out who he is/was... from a topic knowledge starting point of zero... was to read the whole thread, to get a true feel for just how special he was.

Perhaps my use of the word "ignorant" didn't come across as intended... "adjective  1.  lacking knowledge or awareness".

That was clearly the case, in this instance, otherwise the question wouldn't have been posted in the first place.

I repeat, I was merely trying to be helpful.  Apologies if I used the wrong word(s) and/or offended anyone.  I'm no wordsmith admittedly.  🍻

Edited by Mucker1884

17 hours ago, Magicman said:

Who is B4 ? 

Obviously someone you are slightly poorer for not having come across on here , at pride park or away days all over the country for many years and I don’t mean that in a horrible way to you , he was a top lad who brought a smile to the face of everyone lucky enough to meet or interact with him 👍

4 hours ago, sage said:

I don't believe in the afterlife. I've never believed that anyone is literally looking down on us. 

However, sometimes something so pure as Daniel's love of Derby County can inspire a group of grumpy, cynical buggers by example.

I hope we can take that into next season. 

Be more B4

Not sure about the afterlife thing but I’m sure people live on inside our hearts and minds and there’s things we just can’t know or explain

1 hour ago, B4’s Sister said:

B4 was Daniel Beavis. A lifelong DCFC supporter who died suddenly in November, just hours after attending the Crewe away match. He was only 38 and had held a season ticket for almost 30 years. B4 was his username on this forum where he was well know for his unique take on all things DCFC and his kindness to others. Despite the situation of the club or inconsistency of results, he was unbelievably positive. Dan had learning difficulties and despite what he may have typed on here at times, he was actually quite vulnerable and his world was quite small. His whole world revolved around his beloved Derby County. His death has been a shock to us but his passion and love for DCFC has left an effect on many who knew him, in person or virtually. He was also my brother. 

I hope you don’t mind my asking ( I’ve not been brave enough to ask before) ,,, how did Dan pass away ? I knew he had health issues , constant ongoing problems with pain but I had no idea his problems were so serious so it was a massive shock when we learnt of his passing on here ,

obviously just say if it’s too painful to talk about 

45 minutes ago, Archied said:

I hope you don’t mind my asking ( I’ve not been brave enough to ask before) ,,, how did Dan pass away ? I knew he had health issues , constant ongoing problems with pain but I had no idea his problems were so serious so it was a massive shock when we learnt of his passing on here ,

obviously just say if it’s too painful to talk about 

We don’t know the reason for it but Daniel just stopped breathing in his sleep. The ambulance crew got a very faint heartbeat, so he went onto life support in ICU but he died two days later. Nothing showed up on hospital tests or the digital autopsy, so the coroner stated natural causes. He had a cold prior to it but had said he was feeling better. It seems that he would felt very little if anything when he stopped breathing, which is some comfort. The night before he had been at the Crewe away match and had fish and chips for his dinner. I’m glad he was doing something he loved on his last evening. Today is very tough 💔

15 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

We don’t know the reason for it but Daniel just stopped breathing in his sleep. The ambulance crew got a very faint heartbeat, so he went onto life support in ICU but he died two days later. Nothing showed up on hospital tests or the digital autopsy, so the coroner stated natural causes. He had a cold prior to it but had said he was feeling better. It seems that he would felt very little if anything when he stopped breathing, which is some comfort. The night before he had been at the Crewe away match and had fish and chips for his dinner. I’m glad he was doing something he loved on his last evening. Today is very tough 💔

I was very privileged to have sat with him for that meal, I can confirm the fish and chips were more enjoyable than the match.😥

1 hour ago, B4’s Sister said:

Thank you for sharing that with us as it really is a comfort to know Dan passed peacefully, im sad for our loss as fans that knew him personally or on here but my heart breaks for you and your mum and dad 😢

4 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

I don’t want to sound like a party pooper but I’m feeling really flat today. Watching the football and the excitement of the race for promotion has been a welcome distraction and a tribute to Dan. It might just be my body and emotions telling me I need a breather over the summer. 

Please, please, please, take some time to grieve over the summer and look after yourself 

5 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

How’s everyone feeling today? It was real high at the beginning of the match and the second half. I did have walk around the pitch where I found some of my new DCFC friends. I shed a tear for B4 and sprinkled a few more ashes on the centre spot with my dad. We had several people come up to us to say hello and pass on condolences and congratulations for B4, which was lovely. 
I don’t want to sound like a party pooper but I’m feeling really flat today. Watching the football and the excitement of the race for promotion has been a welcome distraction and a tribute to Dan. It might just be my body and emotions telling me I need a breather over the summer. 
Maybe we need a thread with our highlights of the season and celebration pics? You all amazing at picking me up. I saw a post on another thread earlier that said ‘when are we signing Mbappe?’ 😂 That made me smile 

I was one of those who met you on the pitch after the match and said a few words. I think it's only natural for you to feel a little down today. It has been a whirlwind few weeks and emotions have been high. I hope you do start to feel your spirits lift soon and I'm sure they will. Take care of yourself and I'm sure we're all looking forward to reading more of your posts very soon. 

#BeMoreB4

Would I have been the only poster teasing B4 that we never caught Pompey if he was around? 

Even though I knew he had some difficulties, I used to enjoy a little ribbing at expense of his optimism, however reading this, it makes me sound like a bully! I don't think there's a regular poster/reader here who didn't love B4's valuation of Rams players! 😄

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Would I have been the only poster teasing B4 that we never caught Pompey if he was around? 

Even though I knew he had some difficulties, I used to enjoy a little ribbing at expense of his optimism, however reading this, it makes me sound like a bully! I don't think there's a regular poster/reader here who didn't love B4's valuation of Rams players! 😄

Nah mate, job done. If there was such a thing as a 2024/25 Championship table, then it has us ahead of them on alphabetical order 😉

17 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

My take on B4 as a poster, He is NEVER WRONG, If we pointed out his mistakes he'd come back with an answer, Not the right answer but an answer, We'd correct him, But No...he aint having it still more answers, It got to the stage where me/some would just give in, His enthusiasm was infectious, His positivity was overpowering, His loyalty was honourable, He never got upset with posters...he is one of a kind.

Scraves, Flanges, The food down his shirts, The pain in his foot, Losing his job at the Cinema...he just kept going, Even someone like me felt an affection for him...God bless him 😉

32 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

We can carry on chasing them now. If we can finish above them next season, he would be over the moon. I’ve got visions of him bending Cloughie’s ear up above. Never mind the Damned United, they’ll be the Danned United 😂

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I like many others would occasionally give Daniel a bit of stick but it was nothing to do with disliking him, or his attitude towards his beloved Rams, but simply my own, overly cynical world view.  I think it’s extremely important, especially during the massively divisive times we’re living in, to be more like B4.