January Reinforcements

sage

13 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

If Bird goes in January we could upgrade by getting Joe White from Crewe if his loan from Newcastle ends then . The England u18 is too good for Tier 4 .He does not continually pass sideways/ back and if there is nothing “on” he dribbles past opposition players.

Thought he was MoM and way above any of our players. 

29 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

If Bird goes in January we could upgrade by getting Joe White from Crewe if his loan from Newcastle ends then . The England u18 is too good for Tier 4 .He does not continually pass sideways/ back and if there is nothing “on” he dribbles past opposition players.

His current loan ends on January 14th

39 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

White would not be an upgrade 😂 Bird is criticised for end product, yet White has only 1 goal and 1 assist in the league below. Statistically speaking, Bird has the 2nd highest attacking contribution (shots & chances created) out of all CMs/AMs in the league this season.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

White would not be an upgrade 😂 Bird is criticised for end product, yet White has only 1 goal and 1 assist in the league below. Statistically speaking, Bird has the 2nd highest attacking contribution (shots & chances created) out of all CMs/AMs in the league this season.

Before Birds 2 goals v the mighty Cobblers , he had 3 goals in almost 150 games . Time will tell which player reaches the highest level . Just going on Tuesdays home game , I would say White .

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

He would do if he was coached by Warne.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Before Birds 2 goals v the mighty Cobblers , he had 3 goals in almost 150 games . Time will tell which player reaches the highest level . Just going on Tuesdays home game , I would say White .

If you based every play on that single game, you'd also conclude Rowe was the best forward on the pitch. However, Collins has scored more goals in the last 8 days than Rowe has in his entire career.

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

how is that an upgrade?

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Declan Rice has only scored 12 goals in his entire career. I suppose that makes him fairly rubbish does it?

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I think buying every player who has a good game against us makes perfect sense. I don't doubt we'll be straight back to the Prem employing those tactics. Warne / Clowes (insert any others) should both hounded out of the club if White does not start the NY as a Derby player.

Easy game this footy manager lark 🥱

It's tougher than shopping at Argos.

""There are some players' representatives that I have spoken to already," said Warne. "There are opportunities hopefully out there. But a lot of things have to be right to sign a player. It's not like going into Argos, flicking through the catalogue, and saying I'll take him. In January, the players that I want to sign, that are very good, clubs don't want to let go. An attacking player, a rapid player, who has scored goals, is less likely to leave a club in the Championship when they have nine substitutes. It is a difficult window, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be ambitious and try to get people in who could improve us."

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

""There are some players' representatives that I have spoken to already," said Warne. "There are opportunities hopefully out there. But a lot of things have to be right to sign a player. It's not like going into Argos, flicking through the catalogue, and saying I'll take him. In January, the players that I want to sign, that are very good, clubs don't want to let go. An attacking player, a rapid player, who has scored goals, is less likely to leave a club in the Championship when they have nine substitutes. It is a difficult window, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be ambitious and try to get people in who could improve us."

captain obvious hotels.com GIF

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hungry Breakfast GIF

Chocolate Dessert GIF by HuffPost

National Waffle Day GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

10 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I think buying every player who has a good game against us makes perfect sense. I don't doubt we'll be straight back to the Prem employing those tactics. Warne / Clowes (insert any others) should both hounded out of the club if White does not start the NY as a Derby player.

Easy game this footy manager lark 🥱

100% agree

If Bolton had just been smart enough to sign Mason Mount when he scored a hat-trick for us against them back in 2019, I guarantee you they wouldn’t be in League One

Knowing how difficult it is to sign players in the January window will the criticism carry much weight if Warne does not address any of the short term needs in this upcoming window? Didn't Warne quite some time ago (can't remember if it was this summer or last Jan window) say along the lines of 'the Jan window is only for those who failed in the summer' yet with him recently publicly saying he wants more players it just feels that the he's setting himself up for another fall soon. 

Also it's a bit worrying that we haven't really started to address any of the 14 out of contract players because even though collectively they not pulling up any trees at the moment do we really expect to challenge for promotion next year with another huge turnover of playing staff? 

Edited by eddielewis

8 hours ago, eddielewis said:

Knowing how difficult it is to sign players in the January window will the criticism carry much weight if Warne does not address any of the short term needs in this upcoming window? Didn't Warne quite some time ago (can't remember if it was this summer or last Jan window) say along the lines of 'the Jan window is only for those who failed in the summer' yet with him recently publicly saying he wants more players it just feels that the he's setting himself up for another fall soon. 

Also it's a bit worrying that we haven't really started to address any of the 14 out of contract players because even though collectively they not pulling up any trees at the moment do we really expect to challenge for promotion next year with another huge turnover of playing staff? 

Spot on Edward.  It's very worrying with so many out of contract.  You wonder if Warne does not really fancy and/or want to keep any of them, and it could be argued they are not worth negotiating any new deals.  

As you said, it will mean a whole new squad, with excuses / reasons that they would need time to gel, making it extremely difficult to challenge for promotion next year, if we fail this.  We could be back to square one. 

Failure this year, and Warne might be axed, so it would be a whole new manager with probably different systems.

I'd hope, we could bring some young talent through and with some shrewd acquisitions we could go again and be even stronger, but lets not rule out doing it this season, with some quality in January and if we can become much more consistent.  

A powerful mobile target man would be a must for me, plus one with blistering pace to stretch the pitch.  Also a box to box energetic midfielder as I don't think we replaced Knighty.  Have we got the funds to do it ?

Regards 

Gangway D from the terrace 

Edited by GangwayD