January Reinforcements

sage

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

In all likelihood we will be left with Fornah next season and the rest will be gone. Maybe Thompson too?

You'd have to think there's going to be a lot of planning over the next months for the summer. We could be looking at a ridiculous number of players again with the number that will be out of contract.

That’s a good point . So shouldn’t Warne play in a way that suits Fornah . Build the team round him to some extent . Build his confidence . He wants to be here and has not had his head turned by the likes of Hull City.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

That’s a good point . So shouldn’t Warne play in a way that suits Fornah . Build the team round him to some extent . Build his confidence . He wants to be here and has not had his head turned by the likes of Hull City.

He should definitely be playing, no doubt about that. 

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How odd he keeps getting taken off after 45 minutes then. Why? Come on he's okay but lets not get carried away with him.

I suggest that you actually watch these games, before commenting about why players shouldn't have been taken off. Sibley and now, Fornah were taken off for good reason.

28 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I suggest that you actually watch these games, before commenting about why players shouldn't have been taken off. Sibley and now, Fornah were taken off for good reason.

What? I know why he was taken off. I did not say he shouldn't have been taken off. 😄 I suggest you take into account my second sentence before commenting. Oh and I watched the games. 😛 

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What? I know why he was taken off. I did not say he shouldn't have been taken off. 😄 I suggest you take into account my second sentence before commenting. Oh and I watched the games. 😛 

Apologies, I read it in a different way, linking it to your criticism of taking Sibley off at ht.🙄

"...Derby are in the market for a striker and a report claimed Mumbama was on their radar ahead of the January transfer window. But after Mubama scored at the weekend and is involved in the first-team set-up, the chances of Derby are landing him are remote.

And Warne said: "My honest answer is that I am aware of him as everybody is," he said. But the reality of that happening is slim to zero."

12 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Corey Blackett-Taylor - out of contract end of season

Mumbama - loan

Jake Young - Cheeky bid to Bradford to take him off swindons hands. 

Tom Bayliss - potentially out of contract (1 year option)

Che Dunkley - out of contract end of season

Would the Mumbama bid not be a tad cheeky 😊

Isaac Olaofe at Stockport looks good just turned 24. Like his current stats, 12 goals in 20 games, 44% goal conversion from his shots with 74% of shots on target. You would'nt want his full name printed on a shirt though, it's Isaac Tanitoluwaloba Aduraoluwatimileyin Olaofe.

On 02/11/2023 at 18:40, Matchday Fred said:

As a very bare minimum, one mobile striker and a midfielder with bite who is also capable of getting forward. Then on top of that, we will need replacements for Bird, Hourihane, Collins if they leave. We can cover for Cashin as Forsyth/Nyambe can move to CB and we have Elder, Ward, Wilson as FB. But we must keep Nyambe.

Hoping Bird stays because he should be the best player in this division and is capable of being the best player in the Championship if allowed to play his own game and plays at a high tempo where one touch is much easier. Still time for a top 2 finish and that should be the aim. But we will need Bird at his best.

The games where Bird interacts with our better/faster thinking players are when we can see his talents. He does end up plugging away in some games and looks ordinary but he has so much to offer if only to more of the lads can tune in to his wavelength a bit more often. But you know, I think that just might have started happening ?

20 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Isaac Olaofe at Stockport looks good just turned 24. Like his current stats, 12 goals in 20 games, 44% goal conversion from his shots with 74% of shots on target. You would'nt want his full name printed on a shirt though, it's Isaac Tanitoluwaloba Aduraoluwatimileyin Olaofe.

Mentioned him a few pages back. Good shout and a player with potential to step up. Looks raw, but his physical attributes are very good. Someone will take a punt on him in January I think and hope it's us.

I like the look of Joe Taylor at Colchester (on loan from Luton). Only 21yrs old (had his birthday last month), scored 8 goals in 19 app so far this season with 2 assists. Very quick, not good in the air (only 5ft 7in). Out of contract with Luton in the summer, even though he was born in England has played 3 times for Wales U21s.

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I like the look of Joe Taylor at Colchester (on loan from Luton). Only 21yrs old (had his birthday last month), scored 8 goals in 19 app so far this season with 2 assists. Very quick, not good in the air (only 5ft 7in). Out of contract with Luton in the summer, even though he was born in England has played 3 times for Wales U21s.

Seen much of him 😊

After watching yesterday, I thought Orients winger Ruel Sotiriou was very good and caused us problems a lot.

Looking further into him I think he’d be a great signing, can play Left and right wing aswell as in the 10. At just 23 he would be a great signing as he has 6 goals and 2 assists in a poor league one side.

He has played nearly every minute this season as-well so is obviously a fit footballer which would suit our high pressing all running game plan. 

His contract expires at the end of the season so I can’t imagine he’d be to expensive. 

On 06/12/2023 at 16:23, Jimbo Ram said:
On 06/12/2023 at 14:20, plymouthram said:

Seen much of him 😊

Only Highlight footage, very fast and hits the ball very hard and fast when shooting. Scored again for Colchester yesterday in their struggling side, think he would have better stats surrounded by better players.