January Reinforcements

sage

48 minutes ago, Topram said:

Desperate for an attacking Mid that will run at defenders like Fornah did today, the rest are so defensive or slow, missed something in that middle for most of the game and season in fact, Fornah could be the answer if he was to prove he could do that from now on but we was crying out for it 

Was just thinking do we need a new one, or do we need to repurpose one by playing Fornah in that role?

Smith is an honest pro with limitations, like a couple of other players in the squad, can and will do a job for us as a squad player throughout the rest of the season but I would rather see Fornah starting ahead of him due to his physicality, athleticism and energy. 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Was just thinking do we need a new one, or do we need to repurpose one by playing Fornah in that role?

Smith is an honest pro with limitations, like a couple of other players in the squad, can and will do a job for us as a squad player throughout the rest of the season but I would rather see Fornah starting ahead of him due to his physicality, athleticism and energy. 

Yeah nothing against smith but hourihane is now playing deeper so pushes smith forward. Is not suited to the role at all.

White (Newcastle) on loan at Crewe has to be a target? He made all 3 of our midfielders including Bird (who recently has looked better than this level) look silly during our match with Crewe. He’s a loan signing, where let’s be honest oil money FC won’t ever give him an opportunity now they can spend gazillions, so if you get promoted there might be opportunities for something longer term. 

29 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

White (Newcastle) on loan at Crewe has to be a target? He made all 3 of our midfielders including Bird (who recently has looked better than this level) look silly during our match with Crewe. He’s a loan signing, where let’s be honest oil money FC won’t ever give him an opportunity now they can spend gazillions, so if you get promoted there might be opportunities for something longer term. 

I hope not. 1 goal and 1 assist in the league and he isn't even a regular starter for them.

First signing I’d make is a winger and the perfect man for me would be Mikey Johnston. Probably would only get him on a loan but he can play off both wings and is very skilful as-well as direct.

Last year he played in the Portuguese league and was in and out of the side but picked up 3 goals and 4 assists for Vitoria de Guimaraes in 31 appearances. 

Whenever he plays for Ireland he stands out no matter who the opposition are and has 2 goals in 8 caps at international level. He’s the type of player that could get us up and would definitely be worth a try as he’s only got 2 appearances for Celtic this season.

12 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Eh? He’s not a striker/10 or a winger. 
He looked a class above our midfield and would probably be available. 

You're judging him on a 'one off game', where Crewe were determined to cause an upset. The Crewe manager doesn't even deem him good enough to be a regular starter in League 2. What makes you think he can have a greater role for us than at Crewe?

A big part of us struggling to break sides down is a lack of players on the pitch who can create in the middle of the pitch from open play. Smith, Fornah and Hourihane are poor at that, which is why it's important we sign someone who can. 

According to the Posh faithful around here Jonson Clarke-Harris has sniffed out a new club and with Chairman MacAnthohys blessing will definitely be on the move in January.

Hasn’t started any of their last eight matches, fully fit on the bench, wasn’t even in the squad for last weeks EFL trophy game.

Ferguson brings him on for the final 5-10 minutes just to pocket his win bonus

……………for information only! 😁

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You're judging him on a 'one off game', where Crewe were determined to cause an upset. The Crewe manager doesn't even deem him good enough to be a regular starter in League 2. What makes you think he can have a greater role for us than at Crewe?

A big part of us struggling to break sides down is a lack of players on the pitch who can create in the middle of the pitch from open play. Smith, Fornah and Hourihane are poor at that, which is why it's important we sign someone who can. 

Our biggest problem aside from not having a single properly mobile striker is that we have very little mobility and movement in the midfield. 

36 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

I'd love for us to sign Clarke Harris in January. He's 29, he's not that old and he scores consistently which you can't say about any of our strikers. Unfortunately I don't see us signing him. 

Think he’s on the wane. Would prefer a younger player like Michael Mellon, a Burnley player out on loan at Morecambe.

Ideal for me would be JCH, Mubama & Blackett-Taylor.

That would add alot of strength, pace & goals to the forward line. 

Mubama may depend on West Ham injuries now but both JCH & Blackett-Taylor are out of contract in the summer so could maybe get them both quite cheap. 

Id still sell Cashin in Jan if Brighton come in at 3m, help fund the promotion push. Collins to go too if we got those 2 forwards.

With Washington out for a bit, think Warne will be looking at a forward now. I'd like for us to look for some creativity too (perhaps a 'fearless' youngster on loan), to help out NML. 

If Cashin goes then we'll want to look at a CB, if Bird goes I hope we don't try to replace him as although our CMs haven't exactly controlled/dominated games I think there should still be enough to be able to prioritise other areas in a January window.

I have this feeling though that we'll get 2 box to box CMs on loan, a Right back and a Keeper.

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

With Washington out for a bit, think Warne will be looking at a forward now. I'd like for us to look for some creativity too (perhaps a 'fearless' youngster on loan), to help out NML. 

If Cashin goes then we'll want to look at a CB, if Bird goes I hope we don't try to replace him as although our CMs haven't exactly controlled/dominated games I think there should still be enough to be able to prioritise other areas in a January window.

I have this feeling though that we'll get 2 box to box CMs on loan, a Right back and a Keeper.

We arguably need a new CM if Bird stays. If he goes I’d say we need two.

Smith’s not good enough for a top six team, Hourihane is conserving energy and Fornah hasn’t quite established himself as a must pick (he may, in time, when he can control his aggression a little better).

Our midfield lacks real drive, creativity and goals. 

It would be good if we could pick three that stay a little closer together.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We arguably need a new CM if Bird stays. If he goes I’d say we need two.

Smith’s not good enough for a top six team, Hourihane is conserving energy and Fornah hasn’t quite established himself as a must pick (he may, in time, when he can control his aggression a little better).

Our midfield lacks real drive, creativity and goals. 

It would be good if we could pick three that stay a little closer together.

In all likelihood we will be left with Fornah next season and the rest will be gone. Maybe Thompson too?

You'd have to think there's going to be a lot of planning over the next months for the summer. We could be looking at a ridiculous number of players again with the number that will be out of contract.