January Reinforcements

sage

8 minutes ago, Sheepinthedales said:

Bolton and Portsmouth top and second

Portsmouth really strengthened this window …. Really going for it…. Fancied us for Moxon….

I honestly thought before that the autos were beyond us anyway…. But now I feel that it could all end up like last season. It’s the hope that kills…

16 minutes ago, BPV said:

20 minutes to go but it’s not looking great is it…

Failing to strengthen further will undoubtedly cost us promotion and you’d think Warne his job. 
Unless something drastic happens this January has yet again has not been good enough 

Even if not PW's fault?

The inability of this club to deliver on its actions is concerning. We went into the window wanting a striker, publicly stating for a long time how we need extra men upfront, spent probably 6-8 months identifying strikers, yet despite raising funds through a player sale on the final day - still can’t get the job done? 

It’s this exact approach why unless there are changes this club will struggle to be successful. We are without direction and conviction. 

This is not me moaning we haven’t signed a striker BTW, I’m not sure I trust the club to sign one with quality anyway, but this is a unequivocal example of how the club can’t even follow up their own actions. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

The inability of this club to deliver on its actions is concerning. We went into the window wanting a striker, publicly stating for a long time how we need extra men upfront, spent probably 6-8 months identifying strikers, yet despite raising funds through a player sale on the final day - still can’t get the job done? 

It’s this exact approach why unless there are changes this club will struggle to be successful. We are without direction and conviction. 

This is not me moaning we haven’t signed a striker BTW, I’m not sure I trust the club to sign one with quality anyway, but this is a unequivocal example of how the club can’t even follow up their own actions. 

Director of football is absolutely essential. It's the way of the modern game.

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Even if not PW's fault?

We’ve had 6 months to line up targets and a month to get them finalised. 
Without knowing the full inner workings of the recruitment process it’s hard to pin blame on one person, but the manager ultimately will be the one that will need to go if we fail to be promoted this year.

I get we’d ideally like a striker - and something may still happen - but let’s not forget the squad is actually stronger than at the beginning of the month.  With a lot of players to come back.  We’ve added in midfield - which most of us have said we needed - and we’ve added a wide attacker. This frees up Barkhuizen to play in his preferred position.

Chin up, we’re not in a bad place.