Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

8 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

Effectively in the same position this eve as we were a week ago. Doubt he'll get sacked tonight. A failure to win on Tuesday might hurry that along though. 

Wanted Leroy to be given the job permanently last year but accepted Clownes' decision and have backed Warne up until just recently. That's wained now though.

Whatever happens this season, we need to improve quickly. With or without Warne. Not hitting the play-offs would make this season an abject failure.

That would have been some story… sacking the manager and replacing him with his dad 😂

12 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Cocu didn’t get as much leeway as what Warne is getting and he was a proper player and international on a different level to Warne ….also didn’t go after compensation as far as I’m aware …a decent bloke ….Warne should walk we gave him his big chance and he has not risen to it 

Cocu won 1 out of 11 games in the 20/21 season. I'd say he got far more leeway

19 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Wasn’t expecting much change out of a Steve Evans side which are always difficult to play against as they are big, physical, high energy and know a simple game plan. Exactly what DCFC has not been for most of the last 3 decades. 

Warne has lost control now. Every week is random. He in that hope only mode where he hopes we might win a game, but actually is doing nothing about it. He has to go, and if Clowes doesn’t have the balls to do it, he has to go too.

Nah! That's a typical meme given to lots of teams that beat us.

Their third goal was lovely football. They played on the deck better than we did too.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Unfortunately I think Warne’s time is up now.

I don’t think it’s an impossible position to recover. We have plenty of time to find form, claw back points and find ourselves in the top six. We could win both games in hand and be in 6th, for example.

The problem for Warne is the goodwill has gone and it’s the hardest to get back once it’s slipped away and results like today only cement the ill feelings.

The scenes post match v Shrewsbury either tend to be the beginning of the end or to stir up a reaction. To deliver that today against a newly promoted side from League 2, irrespective of form and the momentum they are riding, is surely the nail in the coffin.

I think he has tried his best in challenging circumstances but clearly something is not right and Clowes has to act. We just haven’t clicked.

The trouble is that the new man can’t bring in any players until January, so there’s the danger that things might get worse before they get better.

That’s a sudden turn around ?

44 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We’re both playing the same type of football, they’re just better at it. What a sad day in the history of this club. 

Sums up my feelings. Normally I’m upbeat but spending less time looking in because everything about our club is so depressing.

Just can’t see what Warne is trying to do, everything about his lost match comments on radio Derby says we’re going to chop and change again. He clearly doesn’t know how to get a tune out of this squad and half of them are his players.

Utterly depressing watching our team right, just feels like it’s going to be a long season, that will ultimately end in disappointment. Can’t see any real progress under Warne. That’s the real sad bit.

48 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I'm feeling very sad at the moment.

I'm not sure what is going wrong. I really wish things were different and we could be joyful and positive at this point in the season.

I don't know whose fault it is. I like Paul Warne but we don't seem to be improving.

I like PW and wanted him to succeed so much.

Hate to hear the booing and the chants, and now we are 10th.

It’s fine to like him I’m sure he’s a good person but he’s Certainly not a good manager.

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Sums up my feelings. Normally I’m upbeat but spending less time looking in because everything about our club is so depressing.

Just can’t see what Warne is trying to do, everything about his lost match comments on radio Derby says we’re going to chop and change again. He clearly doesn’t know how to get a tune out of this squad and half of them are his players.

Utterly depressing watching our team right, just feels like it’s going to be a long season, that will ultimately end in disappointment. Can’t see any real progress under Warne. That’s the real sad bit.

I’m upbeat when I can see something being built, even if it’s not there yet.  I was even positive during Nigel Clough’s reign, because even though it was slow going, we were getting better every season.  I can see no signs of anything being built here.  The team is getting worse, the squad is getting worse, the performances are getting worse, the results are getting worse, we may as well close the academy for all the interest Warne seems to have in it.

Warne is trying to play the Rotherham way with the cast of It Ain’t Half Hot Mum, and he’s too stupid to spot that and change it. But it’s the only trick he knows. We’ve got La-di-da Gunner Graham and Lofty up front, Gladys in midfield and all Warne can come up with is ‘soft underbelly’ ? 

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Unfortunately I think Warne’s time is up now.

I don’t think it’s an impossible position to recover. We have plenty of time to find form, claw back points and find ourselves in the top six. We could win both games in hand and be in 6th, for example.

The problem for Warne is the goodwill has gone and it’s the hardest to get back once it’s slipped away and results like today only cement the ill feelings.

The scenes post match v Shrewsbury either tend to be the beginning of the end or to stir up a reaction. To deliver that today against a newly promoted side from League 2, irrespective of form and the momentum they are riding, is surely the nail in the coffin.

I think he has tried his best in challenging circumstances but clearly something is not right and Clowes has to act. We just haven’t clicked.

The trouble is that the new man can’t bring in any players until January, so there’s the danger that things might get worse before they get better.

Worse?