Pro Warne

Jram

Tonight is the first time I think Warne sounded like 'a Derby manager'. 

We are the biggest team in this division and Warne saying he thinks we're chasing Portsmouth, he's not always happy with a 0-1 and that today is how we should be playing is exactly how I think he should be approaching our time in League One.

We can win this division. Let's get stuck in to it and get it f****** done.

The most important pro-Warne fan is Mr Clowes.  I had a wobble after the Stevenage and Shrewsbury games but what a turn round.  It would have been very easy, and very Mel-like, to sack Warne around the November international break.  Fair play to DC for standing his ground.  In life, sometimes the hard decisions are often the right ones.

Still half the season to go, but you can see from yesterday that the squad are united and in it together.  That counts for a lot and is testament to Warne’s man-management, which I think is is main strength.

I was completely Warne out a couple of months ago, but something has changed. I thought we were pretty good against Lincoln, and outstanding for most of yesterday. I do wonder how long we can maintain this form, but he's certainly doing a good job of changing the tide of public opinion.

I was half-hoping we'd sing the League One Guardiola song at the end yesterday, but he didn't seem to want to milk the applause.

Unfortunately we live in a world with far too many people that want everything now, and have little respect for anything. Straight to the jugular to criticise anything after an event, but these people are usually the same people that say nothing in a workplace when planning events, planning work and are all over it, if anything fails to live up to expectation. “oh you should have done this, he should have done that, she should have done that etc, but these are the same people that offer absolutely nothing when the workplace asks them at the planning events, planning meetings for the work, with ideas, recommendations, lessons learned, solutions that would help make the event or work successful.

I can see when David Clowes and Paul Warne joined that both have and will get the good good people into Derby County Football Club and have and will make it successful because the people around them stand up and contribute at all the planning meetings and events because good people have patience, respect, and commitment to work in all areas of the club, community to build and when certain results are not achieved or met at certain times, the good good people work together, they don’t go straight for anyone’s jugular and hang them out to dry or terminate their contracts or make them redundant, they look at the bigger picture and concentrate on all the positives achieved so far, and work together to eradicate any negatives they can see as a team and make the improvements individually, collectively and as a team with respect, patience, support and good will.

So I’ll continue to love and support David Clowes, Paul Warne, James Collins and everyone that wears the Derby County Ram with Pride & Respect. 🖤

PS…..Absolutely p1ssing it down today with strong winds in Aberdeenshire, trees down all over the place, trains cancelled, but I certainly will not criticise anyone or anything for the weather, it’s weather it’s what weather can do, it’s not sunny everyday in the UK, it’s weather, and the weather also has to be respected, and with patience, and trust in the good good people that have to try and make it a successful and safe place for us all to enjoy our lives, that is what I will do 🐏 🖤 🌞

45 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I was completely Warne out a couple of months ago, but something has changed. I thought we were pretty good against Lincoln, and outstanding for most of yesterday. I do wonder how long we can maintain this form, but he's certainly doing a good job of changing the tide of public opinion.

I was half-hoping we'd sing the League One Guardiola song at the end yesterday, but he didn't seem to want to milk the applause.

Something has changed? Results

Another that wouldn’t have minded seeing Warne depart after some of the earlier performances; although realistically I never believed it would happen anyway.

My issue with Warne was aside from P’boro away, we never played free flowing football that we’ve been spoilt with at times with others.

The main problem I had, was no obvious plan at times, other than seemingly lump crosses in, nor did he seem to react well to opposition tactical changes. The players just seem to be gelling more though and the football is becoming better, because the players are better than many others in this league. Warne has to get credit for that though, as it’s his team selection and tactics that are enabling it.

The recent run seems to have lifted pressure off him, he comes across far better in interviews. I’ll have to live with his quips, it’s obviously his psyche that he can’t but be jokey at times.

Vale and Wigan performances in particular though, are well and truly changing my mindset, where we’ve not only looked dominant football wise, but have shown real determination not to concede soft goals. Yesterday I’d have been happy to chant any pro Warne song. I’m back to being a full on happy clapper 🐑 

26 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Unfortunately we live in a world with far too many people that want everything now, and have little respect for anything. Straight to the jugular to criticise anything after an event, but these people are usually the same people that say nothing in a workplace when planning events, planning work and are all over it, if anything fails to live up to expectation. “oh you should have done this, he should have done that, she should have done that etc, but these are the same people that offer absolutely nothing when the workplace asks them at the planning events, planning meetings for the work, with ideas, recommendations, lessons learned, solutions that would help make the event or work successful.

I can see when David Clowes and Paul Warne joined that both have and will get the good good people into Derby County Football Club and have and will make it successful because the people around them stand up and contribute at all the planning meetings and events because good people have patience, respect, and commitment to work in all areas of the club, community to build and when certain results are not achieved or met at certain times, the good good people work together, they don’t go straight for anyone’s jugular and hang them out to dry or terminate their contracts or make them redundant, they look at the bigger picture and concentrate on all the positives achieved so far, and work together to eradicate any negatives they can see as a team and make the improvements individually, collectively and as a team with respect, patience, support and good will.

So I’ll continue to love and support David Clowes, Paul Warne, James Collins and everyone that wears the Derby County Ram with Pride & Respect. 🖤

PS…..Absolutely p1ssing it down today with strong winds in Aberdeenshire, trees down all over the place, trains cancelled, but I certainly will not criticise anyone or anything for the weather, it’s weather it’s what weather can do, it’s not sunny everyday in the UK, it’s weather, and the weather also has to be respected, and with patience, and trust in the good good people that have to try and make it a successful and safe place for us all to enjoy our lives, that is what I will do 🐏 🖤 🌞

Wow. That’s told us all. Great post!

I was Warne out, and am still not convinced by the quality of football I’m having to watch.
But I can’t grumble with the results (besides letting the lead slip in the 96th minute) and being within touching distance of the top two.  
If he’s saying that’s the closest we’ve got to performing how he really wants us to then it’s a positive sign that the previous dross wasn’t his football at all. 
Hoping for at least 4 points from the next 2. 

5 hours ago, England Ram said:

I was Warne out, and am still not convinced by the quality of football I’m having to watch.
But I can’t grumble with the results (besides letting the lead slip in the 96th minute) and being within touching distance of the top two.  
If he’s saying that’s the closest we’ve got to performing how he really wants us to then it’s a positive sign that the previous dross wasn’t his football at all. 

This is more or less where I am with things. I think his realisation that 3 at the back wasn’t working and reverting to a back 4 has been key in results improving and long may it continue. Looking forward to the Oxford game - I live 8 minutes away by car from the ground! 

27 minutes ago, Jayram said:

This is more or less where I am with things. I think his realisation that 3 at the back wasn’t working and reverting to a back 4 has been key in results improving and long may it continue. Looking forward to the Oxford game - I live 8 minutes away by car from the ground! 

Yep me too. Can’t argue with the results and performances have improved. Long may it continue.

6 hours ago, England Ram said:

Similar. Results without performances was never going to be sustainable.

Warney seems to be learning and the players improving. This season looks like it might shape up nicely 👍

Last minute equaliser conceded vs Portsmouth magically removed from the books, and we'd be a game in hand victory off top of the league.

Cuts both ways of course. If Wigan had mustered a last minute equaliser we'd be a game in hand defeat off 7th.

I had a wobble after Crewe, which was an abysmal performance, but he's got to get full support now through until the end of the season...both from the stands and the boardroom.

A striker, a winger and a central midfield dynamo of the same quality as the Nyambe or Nelson and we'll be unstoppable champions. Two of them gets us up, one of them gives us a better than even chance.

6 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Similar. Results without performances was never going to be sustainable.

Warney seems to be learning and the players improving. This season looks like it might shape up nicely 👍

Results get you promotion, performance is a poor second because its is often judged from lofty unrealistic heights.

Perhaps it is not just Warne that is learning but some fans also, with a welcome change of tone, not that I am accusing you of anything.

Never been in a warne in or out "camp", only that the club needed continuity and giving a manger who had only one full window, under restrictions, time.

Hopefully people will remember this period and then reaction after only 10 games, when we hit our next bump in the road, because I'm sure there will be one.

2 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Results get you promotion, performance is a poor second because its is often judged from lofty unrealistic heights.

Perhaps it is not just Warne that is learning but some fans also, with a welcome change of tone, not that I am accusing you of anything.

Warne is learning / changing is a bit of an easy get out , there are those who have never bought into the negative warneball barbs thrown out , whether you manage aiming for warneball or roseniorball it all comes down to whether given time you can get it working , there was a point where I was on the cusp of not bothered if warne was let go but I’m sure the anti warne onslaught on here nudged me a bit further in that direction than I would have been if just watching games and no forum time 🤷🏻‍♂️,

I’ve always been ok with the way warne says he wants his teams to play , I prefer that style